Christening of Princess Isabella: July 1, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THe bishop is talking about how people have attempted to make him tell them the girl's name.

He is not asking "What is the child going to be called?" He's asking "What is the child's name?" as the christening isn't really a name-giving ceremony, but rather an adoption by God.

The first prayer after the christening is therefore The Lord's Prayer.

Abba - not just the name of the Swedish pop-group, but also a child's address of their father. :)

He's quite hung up on the name thing. ...

I think Mary and Fred's family all have colds. They're all wiping their nose.

I'm not a fan of Mary's dress either. The color doesn't go with her skin tone.

Im taking back my words, im not liking Mary's dress at all, sleeves are abit too long, doesnt fit nicely though i like the color.
I know the hair-piece is the same style she wore to Christian's christing but it looks like its exactly the same, is it?

It is the same hair thing.

Christian has grown, he's huge, and very polite (meaning quiet and very alert.)

Lovely words from the Priest so far.

Mary looks beautiful, I like her dress.
Christian and Lilleprinsesse are so cute.

Joachim looks so proud of his sons.

And it looks like the crying was just for a little while - now she appears to be sleeping.

Not a fan of Mary's outfit. The colour really doesn't do anything for her.

Baby doesn't seem to be enjoying herself...and don't prince christian look so cute and all so grown up!

It is the same hair thing. I hated it before and I still hate it.

It looked better with the outfit she wore to Christian's chrestining imo..

Christian has grown, he's huge, and very polite (meaning quiet and very alert.)
I was just thinking what a polite young boy he is. I guess he does know when to be good and when to be a child:flowers:I hope we get to see him in his little chair which is placed next to Frederik, its too cute

Lovely words from the Priest so far.
Pitty I dont understand

I'm so amazed to see Prince Christian is so well-behaved at a very young age.. So cute!

After this song, the christening itself will take place.

Christian doesn't want to sit in his little chair! His daddy's lap is much better!

I sort of like that Mary's dress is nothing spectacular; the colour suits her IMO and I like the idea of resuing the headpiece. The whole thing just seems more informal than with Christian's christening - which I suppose is what they want.

ohhh...the little princess is just too cute and she's fallen asleep! This is a beautiful family and i'm sure whatever the priest had to say was equally beautiful and meaningful just like the music.

I sort of like that Mary's dress is nothing spectacular; the colour suits her IMO and I like the idea of resuing the headpiece. The whole thing just seems more informal than with Christian's christening - which I suppose is what they want.
I agree. I like the dress, from what I can see now.
Christian is too adorable!

:flowers:Can anyone post a live link? I can't see anything

I love the name Isabella!! Oh wow. :)

Well, I got two of the names right. I knew that Ingrid and Margrethe would be in there somewhere.

Isabella. A wonderful name for a beautiful baby.

I knew it! I knew she's gonna put Henrietta somewhere in between.. :)

Love the name! Isabella is beautiful!

I guess most everyone was right...they did incorp Mary's monther - Heniretta, Fred's beloved grandmother - Ingrid and QM...what a beautiful name and I just love the first name - Isabella - great choice.

Now if the live stream can work properly for me....i only get the sound and the picture is stuck on mary's face....sigh...

Isabella is the Italian form of Elizabeth, Mary's middle name. I like that.

It is Isabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe!

Arrrgghhh not crazy about Isabella -too 'time-typical'.
Isabella - oh I don't like it, that was my first thought.

Well, then I thought, I might get used to it, I might even like it.

I think she might even look like an Isabella :flowers:

Anyway, I don't think she looks like an Ingrid.

OF COURSE they had to squeeze in Henrietta :angel:

The church is lovely. I might wanna go there one Sunday.

I seem to be in the minority here;) I so wish they would have chosen a name with a more Nordic history. The kindergartens here are filled with Isabellas....

Well, at least they didn't give her Margrethe as the first name....:neutral:

Back
Top Bottom