Christening of Princess Estelle: May 22, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a wonderful christening, might just be my favourite royal christening ever. I loved the all the pomp and circumstance and I think that the whole ceremony was very beautiful.

Estelle is such a beautiful little baby, she has won over my heart completely. I loved when she dozed off in her mother's arms after having been christened, but suddenly woke up when the music started playing. I also loved that Daniel carried her into the church, he seems to be absolutely taken with his adorable little girl.

I'm very glad that Danish is somewhat similar to Swedish so that I could understand most of what was being said.

Does anyone have the english text for the song Vilar glad. I din famn

Swedish lyrics of Vilar glad. I din famn:
Sjön vilar tätt mot stranden.
Himlen oändligt blå.
Jag står med dig i handen.
Mörkret faller. Och du lyser så.

Vinden vill famna skogen.
Havet ger vågen ro.
Vännen vill vara trogen.
Där du vandrar vill min längtan bo.

Det är kärleken som bär
min förtröstan genom livet.
Så jag söker dig, jag ropar överallt ditt namn
tills jag är i din famn; vilar glad i din famn.
Vilar glad. I din famn.

Nära vill jag vara.
Lugn vid din varma själ.
Jag är en barnsång bara.
Den är enkel och menar så väl.

Det är kärleken som bär
min förtröstan genom livet
Så jag söker dig, jag ropar överallt ditt namn
tills jag är i din famn;
Vilar glad. I din famn.

English translation (not literal, paraphrase) - Happy In Your Arms
Beautiful we take to the beach.
The heaven shines blue.
I stand with your hand in mine.
The dark (night) falls. And you shine so.

The wind embraces the forest.
The harbour give the way peace.
The way we will go towards faithfulness
There you wander to my longing...

It is true love that will bear
my faithfulness through our lives.
So I seek you, I call out over all your name
till I am in your arms. I will be happy in your arms.
Be happy. In your arms.

Now will I be
together with your warm soul.
I am like a children's song
You are (simple) and mean so much.

It is true love that will bear
my faithfulness through our lives.
So I seek you, I call out over all your name
till I am in your arms. I will be happy in your arms.
Be happy. In your arms.

Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it 'odd'. Scandinavian royal children, particularly those in direct line of succession have a varied selection of royal godparents. It's the way it's done amongst these houses.

There is plenty of information throughout these forums if anyone is serious about understanding the various relationship dynamics of the people we discuss. You just have to want to look to become better informed.

I was merely expressing my opinion that having so many foreign royals as godparents seems 'odd' to me. Heck, having so many godparents is odd to me. I know it's something the Scandinavian royals seem to do all the time, but that doesn't mean I have to think it's a brilliant idea. I'm plenty informed.

I don't see why you feel the need to bite my head off for merely stating my opinion.

None of the women really wowed me clothes-wise. Victoria looked pretty nice, but the shoes weren't great. The most beautiful thing there was the chapel itself. It's quite small but still very imposing.

I haven't been able to find a picture of Daniel's nieces and step-niece and nephew. I saw one of Michael, his brother in law. Did the children attend?

I haven't been able to find a picture of Daniel's nieces and step-niece and nephew. I saw one of Michael, his brother in law. Did the children attend?

Yes all 4 children attended. I haven't found a photo link yet, but during the ceremony, they and Mikael were shown several times. They were seated in the family section, next to Countess Gunilla Bernadotte I think.

(Also..what happened to Mikael? Why is he on crutches?)

What a precious family! Thank you for the lovely photos of such a beautiful moment!!!

Will there be official picturs released with the godparents?
Almost certainly.
Most probably, the pictures will be released tomorrow, just as official pictures from Princess Athena's christening were released a day later.

Estelle is one lucky child and I don't mean the material gain from being born royal. Victoria and Daniel ooze love and care for their daughter and occasionally photos really translate the emotion of the people in them, these are like that, I can FEEL the love in these photos of Vic Dan and Estelle.

Last edited:
I just looked through all 463 pictures on the Swedish Royal family website ... gotta say that Carl Philip should give his girlfriend a gift certificate for some dental work to fill-in that gaping space between her two front teeth BEFORE he gives her a ring :)

Is there a place to watch a video of the service? I had to work and couldn't watch it live :-(

Is there another place to watch it because that link does not work for me.

tihkon2 said:
Yes all 4 children attended. I haven't found a photo link yet, but during the ceremony, they and Mikael were shown several times. They were seated in the family section, next to Countess Gunilla Bernadotte I think.

(Also..what happened to Mikael? Why is he on crutches?)

The Swedish royal family website has over 400 great photos. You can see them in that set of photos

I was merely expressing my opinion that having so many foreign royals as godparents seems 'odd' to me. Heck, having so many godparents is odd to me. I know it's something the Scandinavian royals seem to do all the time, but that doesn't mean I have to think it's a brilliant idea. I'm plenty informed.

I don't see why you feel the need to bite my head off for merely stating my opinion.

None of the women really wowed me clothes-wise. Victoria looked pretty nice, but the shoes weren't great. The most beautiful thing there was the chapel itself. It's quite small but still very imposing.

No one was biting anyones head off.

Though to state it as having seemed 'odd', is imo, an interesting comment to have made; especially in light of your response.

If someone is made aware of how something - a benevolent custom - is practiced (as has been stated above) in another country or region, amongst families and friends, then why are they resolved to remain 'mystified' by it and address it in censorious terms? Especially if they should claim to be so well informed.

Surely a level of understanding, on the behalf of that indavidual, would have arisen as a result of their informed knowledge.

As for the chapel, I could not agree more. It really is a beautiful setting. A tonne of majesty in that space.

Last edited:
A lovely event and obviously a very happy day for the Swedish Royal family. Victoria looked almost giddly happy. Daniel is clearly already wrapped around his daughter's little finger. As for Estelle, she is absolutely adorable.

Here:
http://media.shootitlive.com/aftonbladet%2F562/Yee7xOEqxsLoyOIAc3KUJRMaQdS_1200.jpg
http://media.shootitlive.com/scanpix/27/LgZi32MIkm54p0LPGltrkca0Yle_1200.jpg
http://media.shootitlive.com/scanpix/27/5O7Rxth05y44Ct0LOk7Q2ztCP7q_1200.jpg

Victoria's and Daniel's thanks at the website of the court
Tack från Kronprinsessparet - Sveriges Kungahus
Google translation

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom