Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 2: November 2009 - January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she should wear her hair a little bit like Laurentien of Orange. Maybe a bit longer but defenitely with bangs. Meanwhile I believe if she doesn´t change her hairstyle she will even appear with hair down at her wedding day. I think she won´t look good with the hair f.i. all off the forehead.

This beautiful white coat is from ISSA as well right?

This beautiful white coat is from ISSA as well right?

No. It's from Reiss, called 'Olivia' coat. It's not really white, but more of a sand/very light beige color. When you put it next to something white then the difference in color shows up. Princess Eugenie also has it in the same color as Kate. Chelsy Davy has it in black.

Princess Eugenie wore hers Christmas 2007. Kate wore it for the first time on her birthday in 2008 with her family. It's from Autumn/Winter 2007 collection.

Check post 125-126, 129 on Part 1 of this thread:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...005-november-13-2009-a-7409-7.html#post725263

Do I see a Rania and Letizia clone appearing very soon?
She has been dressing very royal from the time she first met William so there t hasn´t really
been that big a change, it has been very gradual. I like the blue dress and it suited her and the white/sand coat is beautiful.

Thanks for the link.Her fashion sence is great and she has an amazing figure.:)
Yes, absolutely true! What stands out to me is her well-shaped legs. A very attractive girl!;)

I think Kate has elegance and style, But, I am dying to see her "graduate" to become an elegant woman wearing some absolutely fabulous millenery atop a killer updo! Perhaps we should send her on a fact finding mission to Denmark and Sweden to perfect the "Royal Hat Trick! from the masters, well OK, Queens and Crown Princesses of the art! :flowers:

By the time of her wedding I would love to see her to walk up the aisle with her head held high sporting a fabulous updo with a brilliant tiara and veil topping a graceful neckline leading us to . . . . . the equally elegant and stylish Dress! :cool:

I am positive Catherine will make the correct choice and we will all be loving her wedding gown-- I think simplicity will be her forte.jmo

I agree. Even Diana wasn't so much praised before she married Charles...

Sure. I understand that the whole wedding thing is the greatest 'feast' for a journalist at the moment, but if they continue like this, they'll burn the poor Princess-to-be out so quickly. In a couple years, we'll hear 'Kate Middleton' and we'll want to throw up.:sick:

I agree. Even Diana wasn't so much praised before she married Charles...
Diana hadn't been "dating" Charles for eight years either so this is not an even playing field. This is where we all get to enjoy the positive explosion of colour, style, elegance and, please please please, new updo's with fabulous hats.

Most of the other Crown Princesses entertained us all with their relatively fast style evolutions whilst Kate has been there and done that. It's a little unfair for her I think because we are all expecting far more, and far, far faster. The only odd thing is "The Wedding" . . . . . . and it's attendant "Wedding Dress". She hasn't done that yet so I suppose we will still get our ahhh . . . . ohhh . . . . . wow . . . moments but let's be honest, we will expect a higher standard from her.

All in all I think we will probably all be far less forgiving.

I guess the standards are higher when you're marrying into the BRF.

Most of the other Crown Princesses entertained us all with their relatively fast style evolutions whilst Kate has been there and done that. It's a little unfair for her I think because we are all expecting far more, and far, far faster. The only odd thing is "The Wedding" . . . . . . and it's attendant "Wedding Dress". She hasn't done that yet so I suppose we will still get our ahhh . . . . ohhh . . . . . wow . . . moments.

Maybe that's why she's been saving the hairdos - to keep something in reserve :)

Gosh, they would write anything to attract attention! Well, too early for that, guys.:ermm:
Honestly I don't even get why Kate is all of the sudden dubbed as a style icon while she was laughed and ridiculed for her style before the announcement.

Her style is basic, casual and simplistic and that is all to it at the moment. People like Kate Moss, Julianne Moore, Cate Blanchett, Olivia Palermo, Victoria Beckham, Sofia Coppola or Daphne Guinness, those are people who have a general great style from which other people take inspiration from. Not basic Kate. Everything to sell your story, right?

Kate will get a stylist pretty soon or they already appointed one for her but now? :ermm: Not even close.

Isn't it coincidence that media show Kate's reveling dresses just after her engagement even if she wore both dresses quite long ago?:whistling: Media are nasty. This is what Pss Grace told to young Diana: "Don't worry, it will get worse.":lol:

Honestly I don't even get why Kate is all of the sudden dubbed as a style icon while she was laughed and ridiculed for her style before the announcement.

Her style is basic, casual and simplistic and that is all to it at the moment. People like Kate Moss, Julianne Moore, Cate Blanchett, Olivia Palermo, Victoria Beckham, Sofia Coppola or Daphne Guinness, those are people who have a general great style from which other people take inspiration from. Not basic Kate. Everything to sell your story, right?

Kate will get a stylist pretty soon or they already appointed one for her but now? :ermm: Not even close.

I agree with you but it seems the press always has to talk people 'up' to make them into something they are not naturally. It is the same with her looks, I have seen her being described as 'stunning' since the engagement but prior to that she was only girl-next-door pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom