Caroline & The Casiraghi's - University Life

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I'm not mistaken, the fact that her name is the only one on this list means she was the only one admitted with this grade (the top); someone said students are listed and grouped according to grades, but I'm not sure.

In Italy every year the results of all the students, listed in alphabetic order, are made public on a notice board in each school at the end of the academic year...

Kisses

Grace said:
If I'm not mistaken, the fact that her name is the only one on this list means she was the only one admitted with this grade (the top); someone said students are listed and grouped according to grades, but I'm not sure.

In Italy every year the results of all the students, listed in alphabetic order, are made public on a notice board in each school at the end of the academic year...

Kisses
It depends on your High School, in mine the best distinctions were above in alphabetical order followed by the other names in alphabatical order. For exemple I had a distinction and my name starts with a L so I was above a person who had the exams but not a distinction and whose name start with a A. So everybody's name was on the same list. It's just that there were spaces between each names/categories. The fact that we don't see the entire sheet of paper prevents us from saying for certain that she's the only one who had that distinction.

PS: Mention TB starts at 16 not 17
And we don't see all the grades ,only if you passed and with which distinction, so yes well also see if you failed but not your actual grades.
That's for High School, in some universities (mine for exemple) we see all the grades (the average one and the ones subjects by subjects there're on a board and everybody sees and looks and knows what grades you had because there is your name in front of your grades (however in my best friend's university, they put up your average grade in front of your number so if you don't know the number of the students ,you can't link them with their grades).

Last edited:
Yeah, I always wondered why the press picked up on Char's bac results but not Andy and Pierre. The brothers' must have had their results released too, but either the press thought there was not enough interest (not likely, right?) or the grades weren't good and they didn't want to humiliate them (also not likely, for certainly the German and American press have no shame in humiliating anyone!) So why no results made public for the boys too?

If I'm not mistaken I heard that Charlotte and Pierre went to a public school because they didn't have to wear uniform and they didn't say about Andrea but that he went to a different school then them.

kaydura0717 said:
If I'm not mistaken I heard that Charlotte and Pierre went to a public school because they didn't have to wear uniform and they didn't say about Andrea but that he went to a different school then them.

andrea went to a different school?

kaydura0717 said:
i also heard that their mother admitted both charlotte and pierre in a private school but they do not want to wear the uniform, so they changed to a public school instead..

Yeah thats what I heard and that Andrea went to the private school.

kaydura0717 said:
Yeah thats what I heard and that Andrea went to the private school.

oh wow i always thought they three went to the same school. was there a reason for him going to a different school?

i did hear andrea had a difficult time in school after his father died, maybe he needed special attention.

louisgarrel said:
i did hear andrea had a difficult time in school after his father died, maybe he needed special attention.
oh...poor him... i could only wish to God that would not happen to my children...

i read somewhere that she went to "joan of arc" school? (that was the traslation, i do not know if it's correct..forgive me, please)..is that true?

Last edited:
auroraDaniel said:
oh...poor him... i could only wish to God that would not happen to my children...

i read somewhere that she went to "joan of arc" school? (that was the traslation, i do not know if it's correct..forgive me, please)..is that true?

if i'm not mistaken casiraghitrio said in a previous post that they had not gone to j'eanne d'arc but st aspais..i may be wrong with the name though.

so is a public high school in france more prestigious than a private one? i was under that impression...

moby said:
so is a public high school in france more prestigious than a private one? i was under that impression...

I don't know what it is like in France, but in Germany you usually go to a private school, when you're not good enough for the public ones. So you get your exam for money. Of course there are very few exceptions like the famous Schloß Salem which I think Prince Phillip attended or private schools that have their own philosophy or teaching practice, hope you know what I mean, but in general the quality of public schools (maybe at least in Bavaria) is much better. I know e.g. in the UK it is very different, I've heard of people who sold their houses to send their children to a good private "public":p school.

Maybe it is similar in France(like in Germany). I think I have heard that Andrea had problems at school, probably caused by his father's death, as someone has already mentioned.

In the USA, people go to private schools for two reasons. 1) Their parents don't want them in public schools for whatever reason or 2) They have some special problem that the public school cannot handle and are requested to go to private school. Like in the case of blind or deaf childrens or kids with autism or down's syndrome. Even when its something not the child's fault (genetics or accident), the parents often have to pay for the private attention though most states have organizations that offer grants.

I have attended public and private schools on primary and college levels. The classes are smaller, there is more time with the teacher and more focus on the topics with private classes. However, there are still the same social problems. Cliques are definitely worse in private, money makes for a great chasm.

The Casiraghis may have gone to private schools for security, but found a better fit in public ones. As I recall, Grace tried to keep the Grimaldi trio in public schools in Monaco so they could feel 'normal' among their peers.

Ann

moby said:

No, well it's not a general rule, some of the best high schools are private but there are really good schools which are public. Imo, it depends on where you live. Where I lived I was in one of the best High School of my area and it was public, but the Lycée International which a very good school is private. It depends.

okay, thanks for everyone who answered my question. i think it's great that caroline believed in a public education for her kids...

BurberryBrit said:
Is she really in Henry IV? I thought it was Fenelon? I wonder if her plans to take the exam have changed?

She's at Fénelon!

Grace said:
The report of the final exams result in France are public, so the school made them public by (I think) putting them on a notice board or something; that's what they do also in Italy at the end of the year.

Kisses

The report are public for the baccalauréat and the ENS exam but the marks are not public. They are sent to each candidate.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Here is the website for Lycee Henry IV: http://lyc-henri4.scola.ac-paris.fr/
If that is her school now, it's really campus. I'm convinced she was at Fenelon for at least a term or a year because she was photographed walking past that big main Fenelon building too many times. But maybe she decided to change course.
or maybe she's been at Henry IV all along and Felix was the one going to Fenelon, or some other friend like Eugenie or Cecile was studying at Fenelon and she'd meet them there. Lord, oh lord, why do the Casiraghis have to be so mysterious?!

It seems to be a campus but it's in the heart of the town, not really a campus.

mia_lanes said:
Yeah, she received tres bien for her bac which means very good and her marks somewhere between 17-20 so its the highest you could possibly achieve for bac.

It means her marks were from 16 to 18.

moby said:

There's no private high school for subjects like history, literature, languages, classics or linguistic in France.

Nobody knows for sure which Lycée Charlotte went to. All is just speculation.

miau said:
Nobody knows for sure which Lycée Charlotte went to. All is just speculation.

I bet someone in her class knows haha ;)
I guess he or she is not on this lovely forum.

enchantednights said:
if i'm not mistaken casiraghitrio said in a previous post that they had not gone to j'eanne d'arc but st aspais..i may be wrong with the name though.

Well, Lycee Jeanne d'Arc (translation: Joan of Arc School) in Saint Aspais is very close to Fontainebleau and it was once believed that the trio were enrolled there for secondary education. It is possible that Andrea went there, as has been reported on numerous fan sites devoted to him,while Char and Pierre went to Lycee Francaise 1er.

When the casiraghis were living in Saint-Rémy they all went to the village public school but after they mopved to paris caroline enroled them in a prestigious private school in fontainebleau. Apparently the kids were not used to that kind of discipline and did not like the place so after a couple of years the changed shcool.
I don't know about pierre but I heard that andrea was a very bad student and so caroline sent him to a boarding school in paris. charlotte had always been a good pupil with good grades so probably caroline trusted her more than her brother and allowed her to go to a public school as long as her grades were the same.
Anyway, these are new from long ago, maybe she moved to another school her last years, and went to a private place for terminale. No idea.

CasiraghiTrio said:
OK, now to totally add confusion to the speculation on where she studies. Last year, as anyone may recall, Point du Vue said she was at Lycee Fenelon, a suspicion first introduced to yours truly by "Kastalia" (via email). Now.... shortly after the Rose Ball has taken place, BUNTE magazine of Germany has decided to claim that Charlotte is a student at Lycee Henry IV. BUNTE also overturns the notion that Char is a literature student, claiming she is studying diplomacy, politics and finance.

There is not such a thing as a prépa in diplomacy. It is the same if she is at lycée fénelon or henri iv, NOBODY studies diplomacy and politics there. What that german magazine probably misunderstood is that a lot of prépa pupils of this lycées stay there for 2 years in order to prepare an exam for a Grande École (Ulm, in paris), and that most of the Grandes École pupils go there to study politics, economy, and so on in order to start a career as a high rank civil servant.
Charlotte is in prépa littéraire, no matter whether she is at fénelon or henri iv

Last edited:
Indeed, Tutu is right.
Besides, it is quite common to change between your hypokhâgne and khâgne from lycée. If they have good grades, most people try to change to a better and more prestigious lycée. So, it is not entirely impossible that Charlotte changed to Henri IV.
However I don’t think Bunte is right. They gave already wrong information on the subject, so why not on the place ? They probably mentioned Henri IV because it’s among the most known and prestigious lycées in France.
Btw, I wonder what option she chose, A/L or B/L ? If she does B/L, the concours starts tomorrow. Then she must be working really hard these days. Good luck !

P.S. Ok, I’m sorry, pwroble ! I didn’t noticed your post first. I’m happy Félix was there too. Hopefully, gossip will now stop for a while claiming that their relationship is going bad.

Last edited:
Seems difficult she would be in Monaco for the Ballet is her tests started tomorrow...we can't know for sure though. What is the other possibility? when would the exams start in tha case?

Thanks for all the information on the French education system! Kisses

Euhm, I don't really understand your post. You mean she will be in Monaco tomorrow ? If you're really sure, well then she probably does A/L and then the concours will start on 17 may.

No, I meant that she was in Monaco a few days ago, and I don't think she would be flying back and forth for a not very important event a couple of days before a serious exam. Maybe she will take the one on the 17th...

Thanks again, Kisses

Back
Top Bottom