British Royal Family: Documentaries, DVDs, Films and TV shows

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have not watched every episode but I am struck by the access that the documentary makers have been given to the papers of living royals, namely Prince Charles and Prince Philip.

I have seen the movie and while the sceneries were absolutely breathtaking, with great eye for detail, the title was misleading. Yes, Louis and Edwina Mountbatten were major characters but there were four storylines:

that of the last Viceroy and his family,

that of the Household,

that of an Islamic valet of the Viceroy falling in love with a Hindu companion to Lady Pamela (showing divisions in the Household)

That of the politicians (the British and Nehru, Jinnah, Gandhi, etc.)

The Viceroy himself, Lady Edwina and their daughter Lady Pamela were not the Leitmotiv of the film, let me say. But all by all a fascinating movie about the Partition of British India. Especially Lady Edwina made a strong impression, being more or less a wise counsel to Lord Louis, in this narrative that was.

Last edited:
REELZ TV is replaying William/Catherine/Diana coverage hours today. I think new is an hour on Meghan/Harry. If anyone is uninterested in the hockey/basketball/football, it's an option. :flowers:

Meghan Markle films and television

Just found this. It's a film called Anti-Social (2015). Action/thriller. Based on true events. Meghan is the principal female character, the love interest of the Gregg Sulkin role.
Here's the trailer:

If you're a member of netflix you can watch it there. I think it's available through amazon too, and other things.

Even better trailer, more Meghan:

Last edited:
Documentary "Kate - The Queen of the Future" subtitled in Portuguese

Meghan Markle: American Princess

Programming note: American TV network CBS is broadcasting an one hour biography about Meghan called Meghan Markle American Princess. This is the first time the American legitimate media is addressing Meghan. It comes on April 20 at 10:00 pm EST in the US. I am not sure if there will be showings outside the US. It will feature remarks from old teachers, Meghan's sorority sisters, friends, co-workers, Wendell Pierce, the actor who plays the father of Meghan's character on Suits. It does not note any interviews of her family. This should be interesting for certain attention seeking Markles love to go to the cameras and they are not interviewed by a major broadcast network that has a wider audience than a cable show.

I saw the trailer for this earlier on TV. I think that its the first of many to come over the next month (that I know of). Surprisingly, my hubby didn't realize just who Meghan was until I pointed her out in a Suits trailer recently. He knew Harry was getting married but had no clue to who. So..... good reason for him to watch the US programs leading up to the wedding. Right? :whistling:

Gayle King (best chum of Oprah, through the years) is the talking head on this show. She will also co host the CBS coverage of the wedding.

She's quite "Oh gosh, I love those royals," so don't expect anything salacious. It appears they sought out people that will say nice things about MM. There will be a lot of smiles, giggles and compliments. All praise earned IMO, but fairly puffed up!

Gayle King (best chum of Oprah, through the years) is the talking head on this show. She will also co host the CBS coverage of the wedding.

She's quite "Oh gosh, I love those royals," so don't expect anything salacious. It appears they sought out people that will say nice things about MM. There will be a lot of smiles, giggles and compliments. All praise earned IMO, but fairly puffed up!

Are all those specials leading up to the royal weddings general puff pieces? I've never seen any investigative journalism or slam pieces. :lol:

Here is a preview of it.

It's laughable to see some of these people completely change their tune about Meghan from when the relationship came to light to now. Tina Brown is another one of them. I remember her being quite stuck up about it and talk about how they didn't matter when the relationship first came now. Now Meghan's a rock star? Be consistent, Tina.

BTW, I just went to CBS' homepage because I was looking for another show. This special is taking over the entire first page of the homepage.

Last edited:
I just finished watching the show and it was frothy as expected. It mentioned the racism that has swirled and the anthrax scare. The family was not included in the interviews and only Meghan's parents were mentioned in the show. Meghan was the first to graduate from college from the family. And the guest list family is expected. Get ready for the Tweetstorm and a new round of tabloid stories about being snubbed.

Outlaw King -Netflix Movie

Outlaw King -Netflix Movie

Based on Robert the Bruce it will be released on 9 November 2018, by Netflix and stars Chris Pine as Robert the Bruce taking back control of Scotland.

Other cast/characters includes

Aaron Taylor-Johnson as James Douglas, Lord of Douglas
Florence Pugh as Elizabeth de Burgh
Billy Howle as Edward, Prince of Wales
Tony Curran as Angus Macdonald
Alastair Mackenzie as Lord Atholl
James Cosmo as Robert de Brus, 6th Lord of Annandale
Callan Mulvey as John III Comyn, Lord of Badenoch
Stephen Dillane as Edward I of England
Steven Cree as Christopher Seton
Sam Spruell as Aymer de Valence, 2nd Earl of Pembroke
Rebecca Robin as Margaret of France

For Meghan & Harry fans in Australia, Channel 7 will be airing a special Meghan & Harry:The Next Chapter at 7.30pm Sydney time on Monday night (17th September).

Channel 7 won the ratings battle for the May wedding so it's obviously appointed itself the Royal Channel for the run-up to the tour and beyond. That's good! Look forward to seeing the doco!

Y'know, the more I read, the more I wish I had Australian TV! We have coverage of royal programs and documentaries that air on certain channels every now and then but it seems like Australian TV really puts a lot more out there for us royal watchers.

Maybe I should move down under and share a few mangos with Curryong. :D

The Australian special appears to be the British show Harry & Meghan the 1st 100 Days that debuted a month or so ago, just rebranded. Still, thanks for the heads up.

The Australian special appears to be the British show Harry & Meghan the 1st 100 Days that debuted a month or so ago, just rebranded. Still, thanks for the heads up.

That is exactly the way they described it on Sunrise this morning - the First 100 Days. They also asked Rob Jobson if there was anything knew in it and he basically said 'no'.

That is exactly the way they described it on Sunrise this morning - the First 100 Days. They also asked Rob Jobson if there was anything knew in it and he basically said 'no'.

I guess he should've waited until tomorrow.:lol:

For Meghan & Harry fans in Australia, Channel 7 will be airing a special Meghan & Harry:The Next Chapter at 7.30pm Sydney time on Monday night (17th September).

Keep an eye on the Channel 7 programming Axeyman - and other Oz posters.

Just saw a big promo where they are branding themselves as "Australia's Royal Network".

They will be broadcasting "The Story of the Royals" in prime time this coming Sunday night.

And they say they will be the only ones with cameras inside the church for Eugenie's wedding.

"Queen of the World" is being promoted as well.

This looks good for lots of coverage of Harry and Meghan here next month.

I'm expecting rolling coverage throughout their visit, as per William and Kate a few years ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom