British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-January 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
General comments were very scathing about Kate's non appearance and the police officers, when asked why she, Charles and Camilla weren't there, said the C and C were engaged elsewhere but that Kate refused to make any sort of public appearance this week.

We've known for over a week that Kate wouldn't be present, and it seems odd for a couple of police officers to know anything about what she refuses or not refuses. And many of these police officers are negative towards the monarchy. During the wedding in 2011, they went around and complained about the cost and that it was a waste of taxpayers money. I heard the same thing during the Diamond Jubilee. I have no idea how they knew about Charles and Camilla, but I choose not to believe them.

Last edited:
I thought Philip's outburst was rather rude as well, though sometimes when we're angry we tend to not think before we speak. It must have been a bit of a shock for the veterans - even though Philip is famous for his gaffes and slightly rude/funny (depending on how you look at it) comments, if I were one of the veterans I know I wouldn't have expected it! They just showed a clip of the incident on the BBC News, and William looked as if he was holding in laughter at his grandfather's outburst.

I agree that it's nice to see HM's cousins on the balcony, on a different note. Prince Michael looks so much like George V in these photos!

Second- Did the DOE really use the F word?:lol:

It seems that he did. They had to bleep it out on the News, which, even though I thought his remark was rude, to me was pretty funny since I wouldn't expect them to bleep out something a royal had said. But Philip will be Philip.

Last edited:
Why was Princess Alexandra missing from the balcony?

She attended the events but was absent from the balcony.

I thought Philip's outburst was rather rude as well, though sometimes when we're angry we tend to not think before we speak. It must have been a bit of a shock for the veterans - even though Philip is famous for his gaffes and slightly rude/funny (depending on how you look at it) comments, if I were one of the veterans I know I wouldn't have expected it! They just showed a clip of the incident on the BBC News, and William looked as if he was holding in laughter at his grandfather's outburst.

I agree that it's nice to see HM's cousins on the balcony, on a different note. Prince Michael looks so much like George V in these photos!

It seems that he did. They had to bleep it out on the News, which, even though I thought his remark was rude, to me was pretty funny since I wouldn't expect them to bleep out something a royal had said. But Philip will be Philip.

I don't think William was amused but rather uncomfortable, actually. In the clip I saw William flashed more of a grimace than a smirk. Then his cheeks flushed like he was embarrassed. I've had the same awkward body language when my family has misbehaved in public.

Why was Princess Alexandra missing from the balcony?

She attended the events but was absent from the balcony.
She was on the balcony far out if I'm correct. Just that she isn't "interesting" for the photographers.....

I don't think William was amused but rather uncomfortable, actually. In the clip I saw William flashed more of a grimace than a smirk. Then his cheeks flushed like he was embarrassed. I've had the same awkward body language when my family has misbehaved in public.
Exactly. He was clearly blushing but continued to smile for the picture.... You know, "Keep calm and carry on".

Last edited by a moderator:
She was on the balcony far out if I'm correct. Just that she isn't "interesting" for the photographers.....

She was standing next to Prince Michael. At first I thought she was Princess Michael because she was hiding under such a large hat, but then I got a better look at her face.

Edward obviously found it funny as you can hear him laugh quite heartily after Philip speaks. I reckon the family are used to his antics, even if they are not always 100% appropriate.

Don't we all have that older relative that says blunt, embarrassing things we can't help but to laugh at even if we know we shouldn't?! For instance my great-grandmother was spurting oneliners like a machine gun that time my aunt brought her new black boyfriend to Easter dinner...

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Don't we all have that older relative that says blunt, embarrassing things we can't help but to laugh at even if we know we shouldn't?! For instance my great-grandmother was spurting oneliners like a machine gun that time my aunt brought her new black boyfriend to Easter dinner...

Yeah, laughing doesn't mean you ACTUALLY think it's funny. It's like laughing when someone falls. You don't ACTUALLY think the thing is funny, it is the shock value that triggers the laughter.

Adding to my previous post I must say that as one who works with caring for the elderly I can tell by the look of him that's the words of an old,tired man. He had a long day and probably just wanted to get out of his uniform and into his slippers. Give the man a break.

Adding to my previous post I must say that as one who works with caring for the elderly I can tell by the look of him that's the words of an old,tired man. He had a long day and probably just wanted to get out of his uniform and into his slippers. Give the man a break.

I agree. His face looked actually troubled.

That's my thoughts too. He looked like he was stressed and little confused. I totally agree with giving him a break.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I wonder whether Philip would have said the same thing had the Queen been there!
Undoubtedly! To which she would have replied Phiiliip!!! End of topic.

I cannot believe so many people, supposedly reading about the 75th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain, instead of being awed by the youth of "The Few", humbled by the presence of the very few of "The Few" left, have all got their knickers in knot because Prince Philip said "just take the f****** picture". He didn't yell it, he didn't go off on a tear, he just said one sentence to the photographer and we heard it courtesy of super sensitive mikes. Who cares about "The Few", the PC Brigade are all too busy castigating Prince Philip for offending the sensibilities of the poor old men there.

Having had the joy of reading some really fun articles from 70th Anniversary, I was particularly entertained by the story of a Warrant Officer who told of flying in close formation at 100ft over dunes while their flight leader had the control in his left hand and was holding the Karma Sutra in his right hand so he could read it to the others over the radio. These men went to war in their late teens and early twenties. Most of them were not choirboys. Their memories are sharp and in them they are young.

The last of the glorious Few 70 years on: In 1940, their planes and their courage was all that stood between Britain and Nazi domination | Daily Mail Online

I am very pleased to see that Anne, Andrew and Eugenie we there as well... is that for a particular reason?

British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-

These sort of receptions almost always have multiple royals present. If you had a 100 people there and 2 royals, the royals might not get to mingle with everyone. Up it to 5 royals, more coverage. Everybody gets a chat and leaves happy.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh were joined by business leaders for a celebration of enterprise at Buckingham Palace this evening. The reception was held in honour of the 140 companies and six outstanding individuals who have received one of the coveted Queen's Awards for Enterprise. This year is the 50th anniversary of the awards, which have recognised 6,500 recipients over the years-

Home - ITNSource News

Nice to see Eugenie there helping out, although I thought she lived in NYC or has she moved back home? I can never keep up!

I think it's good other royals are brought in for these engagements to help, as it shows a good team effort from "the firm".

Nice to see Eugenie there helping out, although I thought she lived in NYC or has she moved back home? I can never keep up!

I think it's good other royals are brought in for these engagements to help, as it shows a good team effort from "the firm".
Could be that she has her summer vacation (or what it's called :p) And took the time to go home and visit and fitted in an engagement :) Wouldn't be the first to go home when having time off.

If I recall correctly Eugenie has moved back to the UK and is now working there.

Does anyone else think HM is looking thinner?

^^^ Thanks for the information about Eugenie returned to the UK.

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 34m34 minutes ago
The Queen will interrupt her Balmoral holiday to attend a VJ-Day 70th anniversary service at St Martin-in-the-Fields, London, on 15 August.

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 37m37 minutes ago
HMQ will be accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, the Wessexes and the Gloucesters at the VJ-Day 70th anniversary service on 15 August.

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 36m36 minutes ago
Also on 15 August, the Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall will attend a VJ-Day drumhead service and wreath-laying on Horse Guards Parade.

https://www.facebook.com/majestymag...255874673758/1032095546823115/?type=1&theater

VJ Day 70:
70 years ago today the conflict in the Far East ended, finally bringing the Second World War to its conclusion. Kirsty Young introduces a day of live programming to mark this historic anniversary.

Commemorations begin with a Service of Remembrance from St Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square, attended by Her Majesty the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and other senior members of the royal family.

Commentary will be provided by James Naughtie, with Dan Snow meeting veterans and their families-
BBC News Channel - VJ Day 70, 15/08/2015

Just making sure- that isn't today- your'e just getting prepared?

But the Queen left for Balmoral just a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom