Best-Looking Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who's the most beautiful royal woman?

• Princess Diana

Votes: 60 10.1%
  • Princess Beatrice

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Princess Eugenie

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Crown Princess Mathilde

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • Crown Princess Mary

Votes: 78 13.2%
  • Countess Alexandra

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Crown Princess Maxima

Votes: 14 2.4%
  • Princess Laurentien

• Princess Mabel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Queen Noor

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Queen Rania

Votes: 76 12.8%
  • Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Princess Grace

Votes: 81 13.7%
  • Princess Caroline

Votes: 29 4.9%
  • Princess Stephanie

• Charlotte Casiraghi

Votes: 38 6.4%
  • Crown Princess Mette-Marit

Votes: 16 2.7%
  • Princess Märtha Louise

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Crown Princess Letizia

Votes: 54 9.1%
  • Infanta Elena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Infanta Cristina

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Crown Princess Victoria

Votes: 15 2.5%
  • Princess Madeleine

Votes: 40 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 29 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Women

In their younger days, I think Princess Lilian of Sweden, Princess Fawzia of Egypt and Queen Juliana were the best-looking royals.

Currently, I would say that the best-looking female royals are:

1. Princess Madeleine
2. Crown Princess Mary
3. The Duchess of Cambridge
4. Queen Mathilde
5. Queen Jetsun Pema
6. Charlotte Casiraghi

Men

1. Crown Prince Haakon
2. Prince Carl Philip
3. HGD Guillame
4. Prince Daniel
5. Prince Nicolae of Romania
6. Prince Felipe

Women

In their younger days, I think Princess Lilian of Sweden, Princess Fawzia of Egypt and Queen Juliana were the best-looking royals.

Currently, I would say that the best-looking female royals are:

1. Princess Madeleine
2. Crown Princess Mary
3. The Duchess of Cambridge
4. Queen Mathilde
5. Queen Jetsun Pema
6. Charlotte Casiraghi

Men

1. Crown Prince Haakon
2. Prince Carl Philip
3. HGD Guillame
4. Prince Daniel
5. Prince Nicolae of Romania
6. Prince Felipe

That is a gorgeous photo of Bertil and Lillian.

Men: Felipe - so handsome

King of Bhutan - wow

Geek/nice guy major crush: Daniel- lucky Victoria!!!:)

This is a very subjective topic!

I think there are lots of beautiful Royals out there, but the best looking? I couldn't be the judge of that title!

I think that Prince Haakon is a very handsome man, as is Prince Felipe. Princess Mary is a beautiful woman, as is Sophie Wessex. (Sophie has gotten more beautiful with age to be honest.)

This is a very subjective topic!

I think there are lots of beautiful Royals out there, but the best looking? I couldn't be the judge of that title!

I think that Prince Haakon is a very handsome man, as is Prince Felipe. Princess Mary is a beautiful woman, as is Sophie Wessex. (Sophie has gotten more beautiful with age to be honest.)

Of course it is subjective, I think it meant to be lighthearted and I like seeing the difference in opinions.

I could see Mary as an older Kate in many ways....has any seen a photo of Mary in her early 30's? it would be interesting to compare.

I have to say Jetsun Pema hands down though. Just breath taking.

Princess Charlene of Monaco and Princess Kate of the United Kingdom

Small technical point but Kate isn't Princess Kate. In the UK only Princesses born are Princess with their own name. Married in princesses take the masculine of their husbands e.g. Princess Michael of Kent or their husband's title e.g. The Duchess of Cambridge. Yes Kate is a Princess but Princess William not Princess Kate or Princess Catherine. The UK has its way of doing things which is different to other countries so their wives take their husband's names and titles not elevate their own.

In my opinion, Queen Rania, Queen Mathilde, and Queen Jetsun Pema are the most beautiful Queens in the world right now. :flowers:

Also, I think the most beautiful current Crown Princess is Letizia.

I agree with all your choices!

But even though I think Queen Rania was once extremely beautiful, I can't say I think so now. She is shockingly thin and appears to have done too much to her face.:sad:

Grace Princess of Monaco, Princess Caroline of Monaco, Queen Paola, and the Shah of Iran's wife Soraya-are my choices for most beautiful past Royal females.

Current young Royal women...I think Letizia of Spain and Madeleine of Sweden are lovely.

But even though she is not Royal, the most beautiful of them all currently is Charlotte Casiraghi. With the exception of Jetsun Pema, none of the others even come close to her level, imo.

Last edited:
In my opinion, here are the most beautiful current royal women:

1. Queen Rania
2. Queen Jetsun Pema
3. Princess Madeleine
4. Queen Mathilde
5. Princess Letizia
6. Princess Claire of Luxembourg
7. Princess Martha Louise
8. Charlotte
9. Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg
10. Princess Iman of Jordan (Daughter of Abdullah and Rania)

Most beautiful royal women of the past:

1. Princess Grace
2. Princess Fawzia of Egypt
3. Queen Paola
4. Princess Margaret
5. Princess Soraya
6. Princess Caroline
7. Princess Diana
8. Queen Silvia
9. Queen Elizabeth II
10. Queen Noor

Princess Madeleine of Sweden is definitely a very stylish lady. She looked superb on her wedding day.

My vote goes to Queen Jetsun Pema. I think she's insanely gorgeous.

Current women

1. Jetsun; breath taking
2. Rania
3. Letizia
4 Gabriella Windsor
5 Ameerah
6 Haya
7 Madeleine
8 Mary
9 Victoria
10 Mathilde

current men
1 Haakon
2 Felipe
3 Daniel
4 Jigme
5 Hamzah
6 Henri
7 Felix (lux)
8 Harry
9 Philippe
10 Fred

past women
1 Grace
2 Empress Farrah
3 Fawzia
4 Lilian
5 Margaret
6 Sonja
7 Paola
8 Elizabeth
9 Maria Teresa
10 Diana

past men
1 Prince Philip
2 Hans Adam
3 Baudouin
4 Hussein
5 Claus
6 Carl Gustaf
7 Bertil
8 Constantine
9 Prince Michael
10 Harald

Diana and Grace withtout a doubt. I didn't know most of hte European ones, but having looked at a few, I dont think that any of them are very striking. Maxima is pretty but in a "hollywood" way.. Kate is pretty but in a bland way...

Grace was a great beauty, I think. Wonderful bone structure! Paola was stunning. Diana could be, she was very photogenic. And Grace's daughter Caroline was a very lovely girl. Princess Margaret had gorgeous eyes. When she was in her twenties she was breathtaking.

Some current ones like Queen Rania have had some work done I believe, to freshen themselves up. Queen Sylvia of Sweden was very pretty and I think her daughter Princess Madeleine is the best of the current bunch of royals, though the Queen of Bhutan is lovely.

Last edited:
I am very very astonished to see Princess Mary ranking second! I don't think she is beautiful at all!
We are talking about beauty here, not elegance, style ecc.

I can't argue about the other risults so far, !allthough some younger or living royals should be added to the list.

I am very very astonished to see Princess Mary ranking second! I don't think she is beautiful at all!
We are talking about beauty here, not elegance, style ecc.

I can't argue about the other risults so far, !allthough some younger or living royals should be added to the list.

Don't think that she is elegant or has style either

Don't think that she is elegant or has style either

Well, I think she dresses with style, but this poll is about beauty, so I base my judgement on the beauty of the face and nothing more.

I 'm surprised she is at the second place. What?:eek: I mean, I she is ahead of Diana and Rania.

Okay, rant over, since the poll did not include more recent royals.

Well, I think she dresses with style, but this poll is about beauty, so I base my judgement on the beauty of the face and nothing more.

I 'm surprised she is at the second place. What?:eek: I mean, I she is ahead of Diana and Rania.

Okay, rant over, since the poll did not include more recent royals.
I Mary now, don't want to sound unkind but definitely not pretty. Perhaps handsome. She does not look much like the actress who played her in a movie I saw

I Mary now, don't want to sound unkind but definitely not pretty. Perhaps handsome. She does not look much like the actress who played her in a movie I saw

I think to be called handsome is perhaps far better than pretty

definition from Urban Dictionary
A woman with the kind of refined beauty and attractiveness that requires poise, dignity, and strength of mind and character, things that often come with age; not merely sex-appeal

I think Mary has much beauty in more ways than just looks, others I do not find so beautiful or handsome, but as they say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

I don't want to sound rude either.

I just believe Rania, Diana and maybe other royal women to be more beautiful than Mary,and thus, I can't understand her second place.

Diana and Grace withtout a doubt. [...]

That is an unfair comparison. When alive Princess Gracia would 86 years old today. When alive Diana, Princess of Wales would have been 55 years old today. They died prematurely and with that their beauty became "frozen" in time. The best example is Queen Paola of Belgium née Princess Ruffo di Calabria. In my humble view the most beautiful female royal ever. Now at the age of 78 she looks completely different.

Princess Paola in the 1950's: picture
Queen Paola now: picture

Had Princess Paola died in the 1960's or 1970's, she would have been remembered as one of the most beautiful princesses ever. Simply because she would never have aged. The same with Queen Astrid of the Belgians. She would have been 110 years old now, when still alive. But she became no older than this: picture.

Another example:

Princess Marie-Françoise de Bourbon de Parme on her wedding day: picture
The same Princess today: picture.

Last edited:
I don't want to sound rude either.

I just believe Rania, Diana and maybe other royal women to be more beautiful than Mary,and thus, I can't understand her second place.

This is what you believe which is fine, but others obviously don't agree or have them on a par so they vote for one.
Should we all agree with you is this what your are saying?

This is what you believe which is fine, but others obviously don't agree or have them on a par so they vote for one.
Should we all agree with you is this what your are saying?

Absolutely not. I merely expressed my wonder at these results. If you think Mary is the most beautiful woman on this poll is fine.

One of my top choices would have been Madeleine,or Martha Louise,whose beauty seems totally underrated. Alas, I have arrived late to the voting!

Last edited:
For a man I would use the term "handsome", for a woman the term "beautiful".

I think Queen Jetsun Pema of Bhutan is beautiful. She radiates something that is almost not from this earth.
I used to consider Queen Rania in this corner too, but that was when she had her original hair color. She's still beautiful, but not 'the most'.

Others I don't really know. I certainly don't consider the late Princess Grace beautiful (in my eyes she had a cold radiation, which I don't find beautiful). Not ugly, not at all, but not beautiful either. I feel the same with Queen Paola of the Belgians. Good looks certainly, but cold radiation.
Radiation has a lot to do with whether I find someone beautiful. Not pretty per se, pretty is a very common expression. More teenage-like or so.

Count me among those who find it astonishing to see the former Mary Donaldson, now Crown Princess of Denmark, rated so highly here. I recently saw photos of her as a young woman before her princess transformation and to say that I was flabbergasted is an understatement. :eek:She is an attractive woman who wears some nice outfits now, but she was quite homely. Very far from a natural beauty then or now.

IMO the most beautiful female Royals as of today are Queen Jetsun Pema and Princess Madeleine, who, despite seeming to struggle with her weight, is very naturally striking.

Charlotte Casiraghi used to have no competition in this department but something has happened with her recently. Excess weight loss? Too much nicotine and sun? She is still quite beautiful but the bloom is off now. Same with Queen Letizia and Queen Rania, both who often look borderline unhealthy imo.

As far as most beautiful in the past, I would say Princess Grace, her daughter Caroline, Princess Paola(now former Queen of the Belgians) and Queen Soraya of Iran.

Every single one of them was as beautiful as a film star.

I loved Diana and thought she was a complete English rose with great skin and eyes and the most beautiful legs ever. When everything came together she was a knockout. But not technically really beautiful, her nose was really very large. But she was very photogenic.

Last edited:
Absolutely not. I merely expressed my wonder at these results. If you think Mary is the most beautiful woman on this poll is fine.

One of my top choices would have been Madeleine,or Martha Louise,whose beauty seems totally underrated. Alas, I have arrived late to the voting!

I agree with you on Princess Märtha Louise. She is very beautiful in my eyes and also has a warm radiation.

I think to be called handsome is perhaps far better than pretty

definition from Urban Dictionary
A woman with the kind of refined beauty and attractiveness that requires poise, dignity, and strength of mind and character, things that often come with age; not merely sex-appeal

I think Mary has much beauty in more ways than just looks, others I do not find so beautiful or handsome, but as they say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Handsome suggests a rather masculine form of good looks and I don't believe most women would appreciate being called so.
And I think that Mary isn't really anything. She looks OK, but she's average. Not pretty, not beautiful. I certainly wouldn't put her In a list of 10 most beautiful royals. Paola of Belgium was very lovely in her youth, though there is something bout her face I don't like. Diana and Grace were both striking and Grace certainly retained her beauty in middle age. Madeleine of Sweden is very pretty, and So is Queen Maxima but I find Max too Hollywood looking.

I loved Diana and thought she was a complete English rose with great skin and eyes and the most beautiful legs ever. When everything came together she was a knockout. But not technically really beautiful, her nose was really very large. But she was very photogenic.
I agree about Mary. I saw a few minutes of a film about her recently and the actress who played her was pretty in the usual bland way of actresses nowadays. SO I too was a bit surprised when I looked at a photo of the real Mary. I'd say she's pleasant looking, but no more than that. (and I presume that's after she had the money and attention to dress better anad look more glam as a princess. Fred certainly wasn't (good for him) the sort of man who was dazzled by beauty and picked a girl on the basis of her looks.

Diana grew into her looks, as a girl she was pretty and dressed ok. As she matured, she did sometimes overdo things like bleaching her hair and she was too thin.. which made her look washed out. But as she got over the bulimia, (I think having seen her in RL that her skin DID suffer from that), she grew into a real beauty. But she had flaws in her face, as you say, which IMO made it more interesting.
And the camera loved her.
Camilla now is no more than average looking and never was anyting more, but Charles clearly love her for something inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom