Best-Looking Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who's the most beautiful royal woman?

• Princess Diana

Votes: 60 10.1%
  • Princess Beatrice

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Princess Eugenie

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Crown Princess Mathilde

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • Crown Princess Mary

Votes: 78 13.2%
  • Countess Alexandra

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Crown Princess Maxima

Votes: 14 2.4%
  • Princess Laurentien

• Princess Mabel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Queen Noor

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Queen Rania

Votes: 76 12.8%
  • Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Princess Grace

Votes: 81 13.7%
  • Princess Caroline

Votes: 29 4.9%
  • Princess Stephanie

• Charlotte Casiraghi

Votes: 38 6.4%
  • Crown Princess Mette-Marit

Votes: 16 2.7%
  • Princess Märtha Louise

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Crown Princess Letizia

Votes: 54 9.1%
  • Infanta Elena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Infanta Cristina

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Crown Princess Victoria

Votes: 15 2.5%
  • Princess Madeleine

Votes: 40 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 29 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Beautiful" has so many meanings !

Mathilde, to me, is the most beautiful because she is the closest to artistic beauty : she always reminds me of paintings, especially of a spiritual or religious nature. She exudes serenity, grace, goodness, confidence, and a love of her fellow human beings. She is the picture of equilibrium, of being at peace with the world. She may not be the most beautiful in what the popular connotation is, but she radiates a kind of modest, inner beauty, which does not mean to dazzle but to soothe and comfort. I'd love to know her and be her friend. I think she is the kind of person who is a gift to others.

Rania is extraordinary looking, but I keep reading she has been altered. Whatever the case may be, she takes my breath away, she is so absolutely perfect, has such poise, looks so regal.

Madeleine is very pretty, and in some pictures (such as one posted above), can be as beautiful as the most beautiful actresses, like Michelle Pfeiffer, Charleze Theron. In some photos, she has perfect features, but her beauty, to me, is a little too wholesome and lacks mystery and depth.

Charlotte can be incredibly beautiful and mysterious, but to me, she lacks a certain something (confidence, reflectiveness, the projection of a rich inner life ?) that makes her look too adolescent-like and lacking in character.

If Caroline had been in the "competition" twenty years ago, she would have won hands down: she is a mixture of classic and exotic beauty, or rather can play up one or the other, has character, force, personality, aliveness, charm, grace, elegance, all virtues and values associated with beauty.

I have never understood Mary's appeal, except that she is very elegant. But she always seems stilted and have her lips pursed and to me, seems totally devoid of charisma.

I used to find Letizia very attractive, but at a more ordinary level. She looks like she tries too hard, often looks stiff and strained. It may just be the ordeals the has gone through.

Victoria, because of her strong face, may be underrated : she looks beautiful to me, in the sense of having the requisite poise for a future queen and also projects inner equilibrium, which is important in beauty. It makes up for what she may be lacking in classic beautiful features, such as her sister possesses.

But she always seems stilted and have her lips pursed and to me, seems totally devoid of charisma.

I happen to think when pursing her lips (which I believe is an unintentional trait of the Crown Princess), Mary's cheekbones are exquisite. She has such soft, feminine lips and a gorgeous smile.

I too find Mathilde most agreeable and like her Danish counterpart, has the most wonderful complexion and warming smile.

for me, it's Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al-Maktoum:wub::wub::wub:
sadly he's not on the list...:cry:

This was a hard one, but I had to vote for CP Frederik. There is something so appealing about him, even though he doesn't fit the classic "heart throb" type.
I've always thought his brother looked like an undertaker.

I'd say Crown Princess Mary.

Last edited:

Mathilde, to me, is the most beautiful because she is the closest to artistic beauty : she always reminds me of paintings, especially of a spiritual or religious nature. She exudes serenity, grace, goodness, confidence, and a love of her fellow human beings. She is the picture of equilibrium, of being at peace with the world. She may not be the most beautiful in what the popular connotation is, but she radiates a kind of modest, inner beauty, which does not mean to dazzle but to soothe and comfort. I'd love to know her and be her friend. I think she is the kind of person who is a gift to others.

Rania is extraordinary looking, but I keep reading she has been altered. Whatever the case may be, she takes my breath away, she is so absolutely perfect, has such poise, looks so regal.

Madeleine is very pretty, and in some pictures (such as one posted above), can be as beautiful as the most beautiful actresses, like Michelle Pfeiffer, Charleze Theron. In some photos, she has perfect features, but her beauty, to me, is a little too wholesome and lacks mystery and depth.

Charlotte can be incredibly beautiful and mysterious, but to me, she lacks a certain something (confidence, reflectiveness, the projection of a rich inner life ?) that makes her look too adolescent-like and lacking in character.

If Caroline had been in the "competition" twenty years ago, she would have won hands down: she is a mixture of classic and exotic beauty, or rather can play up one or the other, has character, force, personality, aliveness, charm, grace, elegance, all virtues and values associated with beauty.

I have never understood Mary's appeal, except that she is very elegant. But she always seems stilted and have her lips pursed and to me, seems totally devoid of charisma.

I used to find Letizia very attractive, but at a more ordinary level. She looks like she tries too hard, often looks stiff and strained. It may just be the ordeals the has gone through.

Victoria, because of her strong face, may be underrated : she looks beautiful to me, in the sense of having the requisite poise for a future queen and also projects inner equilibrium, which is important in beauty. It makes up for what she may be lacking in classic beautiful features, such as her sister possesses.

Delete duplicate response

Last edited:

You have come closest of all to articulating my own opinions of these women and their looks. It is almost uncanny how alike our opinions are!

ICAM that CP Mary is not my idea of beautiful. She is average pretty and dresses elegantly. CP Letizia WOULD be gorgeous if she filled out some more..her thinness makes her face appear almost hard at times..too severe. CP Mathilde resembles a medieval ideal of the Madonna with her clear, serene face and gentle manner. Madeleine is very pretty but needs to stay off the tanning salons or whatever because by the time she is 35 she is going to look 50. I have no idea why women ruin their skin that way, knowing the long term damage. Caroline of Monaco was in a class of her own in her heydey...nobody even came close to her in looks. If she had taken better care of her skin she would still win the beauty sweepstakes I think..Paola of Belgium is another great beauty that aged too quickly due to sun and smoke.
Charlotte Casiraghi in my opinion is a greater beauty even than her mother was, but I agree that she appears lifeless and bored much of the time. Queen Rania is drop dead gorgeous but I too have heard the rumors of cosmetic surgery. I think CP Victoria seems like a delightful girl but I can't get past her chin which is just distracting at times.

A very fresh, very beautiful young lady that we don't hear or read much about is Her Serene Highness Princess Maria Annunziata of Liechtenstein. She is about 24 or 25 and is the daughter of Prince Nikolaus.

Princesses of Monaco and Queen Anna Maria are the most beautiful ever!Women with real beauty just because they were born beautiful.The others just are trying ,with good make-up and clothes,stylists and a team of people who are working in order to build their profiles.

Princesses of Monaco and Queen Anna Maria are the most beautiful ever!Women with real beauty just because they were born beautiful.The others just are trying ,with good make-up and clothes,stylists and a team of people who are working in order to build their profiles.

Have you ever seen a photo of Queen Paola of Belgium when she was a very young woman? Because I guarantee you...she would have knocked the socks off of anyone even if she hadn't been born a princess. The European press set up a rumor at the time of her wedding to Prince Albert of Belgium that she was a direct descendant of Venus, goddess of beauty. One look at her photos from that period would explain why.

Queen Anne-Marie was indeed very beautiful when she was young as well.

Last edited:
Wow, what a fun thread!
Right now, I can only say that I think that Mathilde is a real, natural beauty.
Letizia to me is "handsome" - she has very severe, angular features - almost like a young Jackie Kennedy. She looks totally out of proportion now because she is way too thin. Her face now has a haunted look.
Sofia and Elena have grown on me - not beautiful, but very interesting. Nowadays, separated from her husband, Elena has blossomed and looks great. Her personality is really shining through and you can see it on her face.
Mette Marit is very pretty and Maxima is jolly looking, not beautiful, but you see the fun personality shining through.
Claire in her own way has a soft beauty.
Paola in her youth was a stunner.
I find Empress Farah an exotic beauty - very original.
Both Queen Rania and Queen Noor are pretty but it is not natural --- plastic surgery all the way.
Anne Marie was so beautiful in her youth and has a mature beauty now.
Marina of Savoy was very pretty when she was young - now, too much plastic surgery.
Martha Louise is very pretty (I have seen her in person) - a real natural beauty.
Victoria and Madeleine are like two opposites --- but, Madeleine, while very pretty, looks like a California beach girl. Silvia is still beautiful, but was stunning in her youth.
Charlotte Casiraghi is "pretty" but she never smiles and is always pouting. Her attitude affects the way she looks - she is not a beauty.
And poor Caroline, she has not aged well. Too much Botox? She looks way too severe.
As they say: "True beauty comes from within"

Oooops! Forgot Mary of Denmark - She seems beautiful. Whether it is cosmetic surgery or not, it is very subtle and natural.
MArie Cavallier may give her a run for the money in the beauty sweepstakes!

I didn't vote because I just can't make the decision, but I'll make my comments :)

For the Queens:

Q Elizabeth 2 - I know not many on this board will agree with me, but I think QE2 in youth was very pretty and princessy, looking so natural with all the jewels, gowns, orders, etc.

Q Paola - well, what can I say more? It's been discussed already. I don't know the age/time difference between her and late Princess Grace, but if they ever met as equally young girls, I can't say for sure which one of them would take all the eyes on.

Q Silvia - I was quite surprised when I saw her pics from youth. She wasn't classicaly beautiful nor very pretty, but there's something very pleasant in her look. Maybe, it's her personality and warmth, but it's more than just that.

Q Rania - I'm still impressed by her pictures from years ago, but now, I don't enjoy seeing her new pictures. I'm not sure what it is, but she's lost "it" lately.

For Crown Princesses:

CP Maxima - I don't think she's beautiful at all, not because of her natural features, but because she doesn't take care of it.
However, her personality and charisma just storms over it :rolleyes:

CP Mathilde - IMO, she's the most beautiful CP of Europe nowadays. The combination of her elegance and warmth is just fantastic. And what' better is that her little daughter seems to have inherited it :wub:

CP Letitzia has some strongly nice features that draw my eyes on her, but there isn't much pleasance I find as seeing her.

CP Mette-Marit and Mary are plain IMO. Mary looks nice with all the grooming, but I don't think she has outstanding beauty naturally. Mette, on the other hand, often looks cold. And I don't see much personality of any kind from her.

Born Princesses:

Madeline - She has this blond factor and eveything that draws my eyes on her, but whe I look close, there isn't anything that I'd say I'd want for myself. Except when she's dressed up with the tiara, order etc., she doesn't look much like a princess.

Charlotte Casiraghi - Seriously, how many royal watchers would disagree to say she was a stunner in her teen days. There's the natural beauty that I'd never have for myself plus the style I desperately want to copy :lol:
But for recent years, she.. hmm has lost that "spark" and then beauty.
In many of the recent pics, I don't even find her "pretty" She used to have softer expression though she never really smiled that much, but lately, her expressions are too plastic.

I agree with you about Queen Elizabeth--I thought she had a beautiful, soft but elegant and regal appearance when she was younger. My dad was a young boy at the time of her coronation and he says that at the time he thought she was the most beautiful woman in the world!

I also agree with you about Princess Madeline. She is pretty, but in a fairly ordinary way, I think.

I'm also glad to see some people agree with me that Crown Princess Mary is not particularly beautiful. I thought she became too thin after her wedding actually. But in general I think her looks are maybe overrated.

There are truly a lot of beautiful princesses out there, though...I agree that most others named are very attractive.

Wow, what a fun thread!
Right now, I can only say that I think that Mathilde is a real, natural beauty.
Letizia to me is "handsome" - she has very severe, angular features - almost like a young Jackie Kennedy. She looks totally out of proportion now because she is way too thin. Her face now has a haunted look.
Sofia and Elena have grown on me - not beautiful, but very interesting. Nowadays, separated from her husband, Elena has blossomed and looks great. Her personality is really shining through and you can see it on her face.
Mette Marit is very pretty and Maxima is jolly looking, not beautiful, but you see the fun personality shining through.
Claire in her own way has a soft beauty.
Paola in her youth was a stunner.
I find Empress Farah an exotic beauty - very original.
Both Queen Rania and Queen Noor are pretty but it is not natural --- plastic surgery all the way.
Anne Marie was so beautiful in her youth and has a mature beauty now.
Marina of Savoy was very pretty when she was young - now, too much plastic surgery.
Martha Louise is very pretty (I have seen her in person) - a real natural beauty.
Victoria and Madeleine are like two opposites --- but, Madeleine, while very pretty, looks like a California beach girl. Silvia is still beautiful, but was stunning in her youth.
Charlotte Casiraghi is "pretty" but she never smiles and is always pouting. Her attitude affects the way she looks - she is not a beauty.
And poor Caroline, she has not aged well. Too much Botox? She looks way too severe.
As they say: "True beauty comes from within"

I thought I was the only one who caught CP Letizia's resemblance to a young Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy! I think young Jackie's feautures were a bit softer and more exotic than Letizia and Jackie was physically larger(about 5'6 or 5'7 and 125 pounds)

If Letizia gained a little weight she would look even more like Jackie. It's uncanny how they both have the square jaw and wide spaced eyes.

On paper, Mette-Marit SHOULD be a stunner. She is tall and long legged with incredible bone structure and thick straight blond hair. But...she is probably the plainest of all the CP's and she never looks quite relaxed or happy. She also needs to work on her posture, even though it is better than it used to be.

I don't think Maxima is beautiful, she needs to stop pulling the crazy faces that remind me of Fergie during her Royal days. She also needs to think about watching her figure because she is big boned and has put on some weight. But...she looks like the Princess who would be most fun to hang out with, and she was the most beautiful Dutch Royal bride, ever IMO.

Last edited:
Diana............Diana...............Diana...........Diana............

I'm going to do a few reasons and maybe contradict myself. Well I am a fool for eyes so I have to say Madeleine and Charlotte and Diana

Madeleine: She has nice eyes and great features. She looks great no matter what her hair color is and great with or without a tan. I love California girls so she's a perfect cali girl, but with that comes some problems. She has a great tan, but often she is too tan too often and it has recently affected her skin. I don't remember which photo it was that I saw, but it startled me and even made me vow to stay out of the sun. With that she is no longer really my number one, but still has hope if she cuts out the tanning.

Charlotte Casiraghi: she has beautiful eyes, features and great hair

Diana: No need to explain

Crown Princess Victoria: she is so overlooked, mostly because she is very natural. I think her natural beauty makes her sexy. I also usually wonder if she put as much time into her looks as her sister she would be a knock out and might be one of the best looking royals.

...Crown Princess Victoria: she is so overlooked, mostly because she is very natural. I think her natural beauty makes her sexy. I also usually wonder if she put as much time into her looks as her sister she would be a knock out and might be one of the best looking royals.

I totally agree with your assessment of Victoria. She is gorgeous when her is down and needs very little make up.:flowers:

Her Majesty Queen Rania is very striking. Beauty and brains the woman has it all. No one comes close to her in my opinion.

She hasn't been mentioned on this thread but I think Princess Soraya of Iran has to be one of the most beautiful Royal women of the 20th century.

Queen Rania is naturally the most elegent and beautiful, she looks fifiteen years younger then her real age. She hardly wears any make-up, I've seen her close ups, and she is just a natural masha'allah. May Allah protect Queen Rania, Ameen.

She hasn't been mentioned on this thread but I think Princess Soraya of Iran has to be one of the most beautiful Royal women of the 20th century.

Is she the one who resembled film star Ava Gardner and had such a sad life after her marriage to the Shah ended? I agree, she was breathtakingly beautiful.

That top photo is the most gorgeous photo I have EVER seen of Princess Madeleine...it took my breath away. How perfect she would be with Prince William! Their children would be genetic marvels....

Yep, that's the one!

Although all 3 of the Shah's wives were/are very beautiful women, there was something about Princess Soraya.

I vote for Felipe. But if I could vote for once again I would vote for Duke of Palma too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom