Bandeau Tiaras

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The design was very much of its era I think, and to be worn low on the forehead as was the fashion. It’s an extremely pretty piece (Nouveau, just before Deco came in and the emeralds are truly magnificent.) I agree it looks better as a necklace. Hope it wasn’t broken up but it’s sad that it hasn’t been seen for decades.

This is hers. She wore at heir Wedding the only Habsbourg bandeau tiara.

It actually works better as a necklace than a tiara but I also see it was sold off in 1970.
It’s so stunning and reminds of an emerald jewel owned by the former Greek royals

What happened to this tiara,was it sold off after the death of the Duchess?

I believe it was a loan to the Duchess of Kent because it looks like the same tiara that the Duchess of Sussex wore for her wedding in 2018

I believe it was a loan to the Duchess of Kent because it looks like the same tiara that the Duchess of Sussex wore for her wedding in 2018

The article that was linked clearly states it is not the same tiara worn by the Duchess of Sussex.

Princess Marina's tiara was a wedding gift from her husband.

Did the Princess Royal not inherit this tiara?
She has worn it once for a State visit from China? about 20 years ago - But we don't know who has inherited the Jewels of the late QEII. Most likely everything ahs been inherited by King Charles but there hasn't been an announcement like it was done at the time of the death of the Queen Mother.

She has worn it once for a State visit from China? about 20 years ago - But we don't know who has inherited the Jewels of the late QEII. Most likely everything ahs been inherited by King Charles but there hasn't been an announcement like it was done at the time of the death of the Queen Mother.
Indeed you are correct and its a very underused tiara!
The Double Meander Tiara

That is correct, Anne only wore it once in public in spring 2005. The bandeau has not been seen in public since then. My guess is that if Anne owned it now, she would have worn it at some stage in the last 19 years.

Indeed. Hope Queen Camilla and Catherine continue their explorations of the BRF jewel vault, unearthing many long lost items.
Yes I hope we see it worn again and maybe by the Princess of Wales or Duchess of Edinburgh.

Yes I hope we see it worn again and maybe by the Princess of Wales or Duchess of Edinburgh.
That is a good idea. If it doesn't take the fancy of either Camilla or Catherine, perhaps this might be a good one to lend Sophie on a long term basis. It has size and presence, and is a versatile all diamond tiara.

That is a good idea. If it doesn't take the fancy of either Camilla or Catherine, perhaps this might be a good one to lend Sophie on a long term basis. It has size and presence, and is a versatile all diamond tiara.
Somehow i have the feeling that Sophie doesn't like bandeau tiaras. Otherwise she would perhaps have got loaned one of the several which are in the Vaults

Somehow i have the feeling that Sophie doesn't like bandeau tiaras. Otherwise she would perhaps have got loaned one of the several which are in the Vaults
I don't see this as a bandeau in the classical sense. I think it is a substantial tiara, not that much smaller than the Greville Boucheron tiara Camilla and QEQM used so much. That, too, had a straight line top to begin with, and was only altered (and substantially improved, IMO) by QEQM by the addition of additional elemenets on the top.

It might be sometime before we have an incoming UK State Visit!

Back
Top Bottom