Archduchess Marie Christine of Austria and Count Rodolphe of Limburg-Stirum, 6 Dec 08

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tageblatt Luxembourg

here's an entire album with people I hadn't seen yet..someone recognise someone?
for example, who is the lady who enters the cathedral with Archduchess Yolande, neè de Ligne? and the boy in uniform with an old lady?
there is a clear pic of granduke Jean!
Was queen Fabiola wearing a thiara or something?

Last edited:
Tageblatt Luxembourg

here's an entire album with people I hadn't seen yet..someone recognise someone?
for example, who is the lady who enters the cathedral with Archduchess Yolande, neè de Ligne? and the boy in uniform with an old lady?

there are so many people I don't recognize. does anyone know who these are: http://news.tageblatt.lu/tpllib/img.php?im=2008/12/img_122_8827_1921.jpg&w=480&h=824

Are there any photos...where Marie-Christine kisses Rodolphe (and not other way round...)?

The Luxembourg Grand Ducal family is very conservative when it comes to showing affection in public. Look back at the weddings of Prince Henri and Maria Teresa; Princess Marie-Astrid and Carl-Christian; and Princess Margarethe and Nikolaus. You will see that the grooms kissed the brides; but the brides never reciprocated.

On noblesseetroyautes.com, I read the boy with the uniform was Philippe de Limburg Stirum, brother and witness of the groom. The woman on his side is Princess Helène de France.

Tageblatt Luxembourg

The lady with Archduchess Yolanda is the grooms maternal grandmother Countess Madeleine d'Oultremont.

Thanks a lot for the additional pictures of this beautiful event!:flowers:
The only thing, which has left me puzzled, is that the couple did not have a real kiss. I understand that not all people like displaying their feelings in public. Perhaps,
Countess Marie-Christine belongs to the aforementioned category of people. The kiss photos looked somewhat awkward ...in my personal opinion.

thanks to everybody for the informations!
some more question :D
1.http://news.tageblatt.lu/gallery/gallery.php?c=122&a=8827&imgid=1930 are these princes Auersperg-Trautson?
2.http://news.tageblatt.lu/gallery/gallery.php?c=122&a=8827&imgid=1923 someone important in this pic apart from Maria Laura?
3.http://news.tageblatt.lu/gallery/gallery.php?c=122&a=8827&imgid=1920 someone knows this couple?
4.http://news.tageblatt.lu/gallery/gallery.php?c=122&a=8827&imgid=1918 and this couple?
5.http://news.tageblatt.lu/gallery/gallery.php?c=122&a=8827&imgid=1912 who is MA talking with?
6.http://news.tageblatt.lu/gallery/gallery.php?c=122&a=8827&imgid=1910 is she princess Margarita of Liechtenstein? who's the man near to her?
7.http://news.tageblatt.lu/gallery/gallery.php?c=122&a=8827&imgid=1909 good to see the duke of Braganca; the duchess wasn't there? and who are those people between him and prince Philipp?
8.http://news.tageblatt.lu/gallery/gallery.php?c=122&a=8827&imgid=1908 someone important here?

Tageblatt Luxembourg

The boy in the uniform is, I think, Phillippe de Limburg Stirum, a younger brother of Rodolphe. He studies in the Belgian army (airforce, to become an F16 pilote), that's why he's wearing this uniform.

anwers
1. yes
2. Guillaume Crown Prince of Luxembourg,
3 et 4 are Counts and Countesses d' d'oultremont (uncles and aunts of Rodolphe, 6 .Magaretha is speaking to her twin Jean of Luxembourg (divorced Helène Vestur).
7 Alexander and Katherine of Serbie.
8. Someone is member of the Order of Malta.
A absolutely do not know who MA is talking with
Thanks for de pictures

mc wedding

in pic n3: Alexandra of austria( aunt of MC) and her Husband Hector Riesle

Btw doesn't Marie-Astrid wore the same outfit which she wore on Phillipe and Mathilde's wedding?

anwers
1. yes
2. Guillaume Crown Prince of Luxembourg,
3 et 4 are Counts and Countesses d' d'oultremont (uncles and aunts of Rodolphe, 6 .Magaretha is speaking to her twin Jean of Luxembourg (divorced Helène Vestur).
7 Alexander and Katherine of Serbie.
8. Someone is member of the Order of Malta.
A absolutely do not know who MA is talking with
Thanks for de pictures

In pic are also margarita and radu of Romania.

I Have to say they look lovely I Imagine their children will be adorable Marie Christine is very Beautiful im smitten lol

MA is talking to Pierre Dillenbourg, some Luxembourgish politician

And in Pic 10 one can clearly see Grand Duke Jean.

Does anyone know who is sitting to his left?

It was a beautiful wedding despite some horrible fashion choices by same of the women. :flowers:

I think it's a nice gesture for Marie Christine to ware a lux jewel,
but shouldn't the Habsbourgs have more jewels than most reigning houses?
I know she isn't from the major stream of Habsbourgs but..
Anyone knows Habsbourgs' current jewel situation?

Does anyone know who is sitting to his left?

It was a beautiful wedding despite some horrible fashion choices by same of the women. :flowers:
isn't it his sister, alix de ligne? I'm not sure, but she looks a lot like her

Might it be possible that MC could have worn a more extravagant outfit and diademe if she married "up" (what I mean with "up", is: Is Habsburg of higher precedence than Limburg-Stirum?)
Her mother´s diademe and bridal-gown was IMO more "expensive". I consider Luxemburg and Habsburg to be the same precedence.

Austrian archduchess weds her count in fairytale ceremony
This is becoming a popular wedding dress style for royal brides. It's very similar to Sophie of Wessex and Princess Martha-Loiuse of Norway's dresses - a coat with train over another dress. I do love the fur cuffs - it's a nice touch for a winter wedding.

I'm a little confused on the family relations.......
The bride is an Austrian Archduchess by birth? Her mother was born a princess of Luxumborg, sister to the current Grand Duke? The groom is a Flemish Count? Why are they marrying in Belgium, and where to the Imperial Family of Brazil fit into all this?

To me the bride and groom looked very much in love, smitten with each other and happy beyond belief!! She looked absolutely beautiful and Rodolphe looked so handsome. They look like a perfect match!!!!

Where was the groom's father? Did I miss a picture of him?

What does Rodolphe do for a living? Does Marie Christine work?

On the royaltyguide site there was actually a picture of princess Claire and her daughter.So I guess she and Laurent really went to the wedding

Princess Claire assisted only at the Reception. I have no idea where it was, pictures were taken on the late afternoon .

The reception was held at the Pastoraal Centrum, behind the cathedral.

Tageblatt Luxembourg

What an impressive gathering of nobles. The bride and groom are simply exquisite. They looked happy and truly in love.
May they always be as happy as they were that special day.:flowers:

Yes, this wedding was an impressive gathering of nobles from Belgium and other countries .The ladies were well-dressed indeed but as this very day it was so cold , they had to put their furs on. (ex. Princess Hélène de France , Comtesse Evrard de Limbourg Stirum).

Yes, this wedding was an impressive gathering of nobles from Belgium and other countries .The ladies were well-dressed indeed but as this very day it was so cold , they had to put their furs on. (ex. Princess Hélène de France , Comtesse Evrard de Limbourg Stirum).

I wondered actually how cold it was since the bride, her mother,mother in law to be, Astrid of Belgium and other ladies looked like they wore lighter fabrics. Then Queen Fabiola and Princess Helene among others were wearing coats.
All in all it was a great joy to look through those pictures. The happiness was so evident, one cannot but be happy for them.:flowers:

Austrian archduchess weds her count in fairytale ceremony
This is becoming a popular wedding dress style for royal brides. It's very similar to Sophie of Wessex and Princess Martha-Loiuse of Norway's dresses - a coat with train over another dress. I do love the fur cuffs - it's a nice touch for a winter wedding.

I'm a little confused on the family relations.......
The bride is an Austrian Archduchess by birth? Her mother was born a princess of Luxumborg, sister to the current Grand Duke? The groom is a Flemish Count? Why are they marrying in Belgium, and where to the Imperial Family of Brazil fit into all this?
Marie Christine is an Austrian Archduchess by birth; now, She is the Countess Rodolphe de Limburg-Stirum;
Her Mother is the firstborn daughter of Grand Duke Jean and the late Grand Duchess Josephine of Luxembourg, so she was born Princess of Luxembourg;
The Groom is a Flemish Count;
Both them live in Belgium, His Family is Belgian, a lot of Her relatives live there;
Prince Antonio of Orleans-Braganza married the former Princess Christine de Ligne, who is a cousin of both Marie Christine's Parents:
Eugene de Ligne - Yolande de Ligne - Carl Christian of Austria - Marie Christine
Eugene de Ligne - Antoine de Ligne - Christine de Ligne
Charlotte of Luxembourg - Jean of Luxembourg - Marie Astrid of Luxembourg - Marie Christine
Charlotte of Luxembourg - Alix of Lusembourg - Christine de Ligne

Back
Top Bottom