A look back: Pregnancies - Monaco

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you all liked the screencaps I had made, and yes, Seb, as I already said she gave that interview shortly before Camille's birth. As to the scenery of the Palace gardens and pool, it reminded me a lot of the interviews Grace had given there as well..

poeme38 said:
it speaks about the press which did to him much evil about the death of his/her mother

she also speaks about her adventure in the song and the fashion she tells also her combat for handicap one sees it giving from the parcels for the Mother's Day to the hospital princess grace

Thank you poeme38 for the short summary. Stephanie has a very kind heart, at the same time she likes to live on the edge, not taking things for granted, trying everything once (or twice..) Like that about her. :flowers:

Stephanie and Caroline were both smoking heavily during pregnancy.
are there any photos of them being pregnant with cigarette ?

There were some long-lensed ones of Caroline on a beach or the Pacha smoking while pregnant with Alexandra.

And I remember a dust-up over photos of her smoking around a young Charlotte (Andrea was not visible) but she was not pregnant with Pierre.

stff13 said:
Stephanie and Caroline were both smoking heavily during pregnancy.
are there any photos of them being pregnant with cigarette ?

Here is a pic of Caroline smoking during her pregnancy with Alexandra in 1999, you'll surely find some more other pics in this thread.

--> Pregnant Caroline smoking

As far as the damage they did, the mothers would have been better off smoking marijuana than tobacco!

Note: I think any female even trying to get pregnant shouldn't smoke anything, drink any type of alcohol or caffeine and take lots of vitamins. But its all my opinion.

There was almost a ban on photos of Grace's pregnancies with Caroline and Albert, but I know there were quite a few taken when she was with Stephanie and the child she unfortunately lost in Canada.

Does anyone have some of those?

Here is a clipping of Grace shopping while being pregnant for the first time, I'm not sure if a similar pic has been posted before, but it's so nice as you can easily imagine how happy she was buying the first things for her unborn baby..:)

Pregnant Grace

I think so Iceflower, and it seems they are from when she was pregnant with Stephanie in 1964, by looking at Rainier's beard. Great find :)

New pics of caroline VERY pregnant with Alexandra !:p

Caroline had Alexandra VERY late in life!

It is inadvisable to even think of conceiving a child after one's 35th Birthday, lest there be a "complicated" Birth, as a result, or that the poor child suffer from Downs or Mongoloid Syndrome!

-- :eek:

If you like to discuss Caroline's smoking habits during her pragnancies, please have a look at those threads:

Royal Smoking Of Cigarettes

Which Royals Smoke?

Thanks for your cooperation,
tbhrc
Monaco Moderator

SMOKING is a bad habit, especially during one's pregnancy.
In Europe, Doctors turn a blind eye to expectant Mothers smoking which stuns me!
My German and Dutch friends all tell me that Doctors freely smoke in THEIR offices and allow Mothers to do likewise, which is greatly frowned upon here in America.

Smoking is known to greatly harm Fetuses and any Children who are exposed to ANY smoke, regardless from what source.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caroline had Alexandra VERY late in life!

It is inadvisable to even think of conceiving a child after one's 35th Birthday, lest there be a "complicated" Birth, as a result, or that the poor child suffer from Downs or Mongoloid Syndrome!

-- :eek:
It isn´t so terrible to jave a child at that age!! Besides women marry after their thirties now.

I think so Iceflower, and it seems they are from when she was pregnant with Stephanie in 1964, by looking at Rainier's beard. Great find :)
Thanks for your help, Monacos, I had not noticed Rainier's beard before you mentioned it, but now I'm also sure that it's been
during her pregnancy with Steph :flowers:

HRH Abigail, times have changed, many many women get their children between 35 and 45 and nothing bad happens, the
children are healthy and there are no problems at all.

Here's a pic of Caroline pregnant with baby number 1 :

Caroline pregnant in 1984

Ernst and Caroline in their beautiful estate in Austria when she was pregnant with Alexandra:

CHI 1 CHI 2 CHI 3

Sorry, I do not know what happened with the hosting website. :ohmy: Anyway I'll repost the missing pics:

CHI 1 CHI 2

Sorry, I do not know what happened with the hosting website. :ohmy: Anyway I'll repost the missing pics:

CHI 1 CHI 2

thanks Tosca - these are great too! The first one looks as if there was to be a baby shower or at the very least a garden party of some kind. I'd never seen that photo before.

thanks Tosca - these are great too! The first one looks as if there was to be a baby shower or at the very least a garden party of some kind. I'd never seen that photo before.
I don't think that the pics were taken during a baby shower or a garden party,
I have seen more of these and a video from that day, it was just a normal
day shortly before Alexandra's birth the family spent relaxing in their garden
in Austria :)

Here's a pic from 1987 when Caroline was pregnant with Pierre:

Pregnant Caroline in 1987

Wow you have seen pictures and a video of the baby shower! :eek: Maybe you could post something please? :rolleyes: :blush:

Pregnant Princess Caroline at the beach:

Pic

Wow you have seen pictures and a video of the baby shower! :eek: Maybe you could post something please? :rolleyes: :blush:
I think you've understood me wrong :), I've seen a film about them in the
garden, but to me it did not look like a baby shower. Unfortunately I did not
keep the video on which I had recorded that..

Tbhrc, I add two pics of Caroline from that same day, she was pregnant
with Charlotte and the family spent their vacation on the Italian island
Cavallo.
** Caro 1 ** Caro 2 **
And here's another pic from 1986, pregnant Caroline shopping :
** Caro 3 **

CHI 1 CHI 2

Is Caroline smoking in the second pic?! :eek: I heard that she continued smoking during all her pregnancies but I couldn't believe it... maybe it's true... :bang:

I think you've understood me wrong :), I've seen a film about them in the
garden, but to me it did not look like a baby shower. Unfortunately I did not
keep the video on which I had recorded that..

Tbhrc, I add two pics of Caroline from that same day, she was pregnant
with Charlotte and the family spent their vacation on the Italian island
Cavallo.
** Caro 1 ** Caro 2 **
And here's another pic from 1986, pregnant Caroline shopping :
** Caro 3 **

Oh I see! :bang: :rolleyes: I thought you said "that day" for the baby shower! lol I'm sorry! :D

:bang: I can't believe she kept smoking while she was pregnant...:ohmy:
:eek:I agree! I happen to smoke, but if I ever became pregnant I'd put the cancer sticks down. -- Does that not matter in Europe? U.S.A. tabloids seem to make a big deal about it, like when actress Catherine Zeta-Jones was photographed smoking while pregnant with her second child. I don't want to say smoking while pregnant is looked down on here in the states, but I feel that -- well, the feeling isn't positive.

:eek:I agree! I happen to smoke, but if I ever became pregnant I'd put the cancer sticks down. -- Does that not matter in Europe? U.S.A. tabloids seem to make a big deal about it, like when actress Catherine Zeta-Jones was photographed smoking while pregnant with her second child. I don't want to say smoking while pregnant is looked down on here in the states, but I feel that -- well, the feeling isn't positive.

Nope, in Europe it's still a big deal... I guess she just thought she either woudln't get caught or that it didn't matter.

Nope, in Europe it's still a big deal... I guess she just thought she either woudln't get caught or that it didn't matter.
You'd think she'd know better since she's been a social figure her entire life. Does anyone know if she was photographed smoking or drinking during her first three pregnancies? Anyway, her four children are in assumed good health today. (Don't believe me, just take a look at her youngest son. G-d was in a good mood when he made Pierre.:wub:) Still, smoking while expecting is someting I would never, ever do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom