A Boy for Victoria and Daniel - Oscar Carl Olof, Duke of Skåne: March 2, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First off...Congratulations to Victoria, Daniel, Estelle and the entire Family!!! A sweet Baby Prince for Sweden!!!

So happy. Both Vic and Maddie have had a daughter and then a boy. I wonder if CP and Sofia will be the same:flowers:

At least Nicolas will have a playmate:)

I said to Mom they're all evens again until Sofia and Carl-Phillip's little one comes next month. :D

52 centimetres is 20.47244 inches, and 3655 grams is just about 8 pounds 1 ounce. Now we just need the name.

Big Boy and Thank you so much for the measurements conversions for those of us challenged in that area. :)

I tend to think he was born on time. She announced September 7th. If she waited till close to the 3 month mark, the baby was conceived around May 7th. That number lines up for a March 3rd. or even a day or two earlier. She seems to have announced slightly earlier with Estelle.

No seems about it, I'm pretty positive she did because of a pretty big give away, how her hairstyle changed. Victoria went from her usual sleek and polished look one day, to fly away strands all over and a pretty unpolished finished hairstyle the next. There's fears of something in hair spray affecting the little one early in the Pregnancy, so when those pics of Crown Princess Victoria looking like that while on the job at Engagements were published, the rumour mill of a Royal Baby on the way hit Warp Speed 9.9.

Turned out for once, the rumours were true and there was a Little One on it's way. Which is why, when we were all wondering back during the Summer if Baby 2 was on it's way, we were joking if Victoria showed up w/flyaway hair at Engagements come September, we'd know for sure. :D

I can't wait to "meet" the new little Prince and learn his names and Title!! So happy all went well, everyone's okay and we have something to celebrate for a change. W/all going on in this World of ours, a little good news is so badly needed and what better than the Birth of a Baby? :)

Congratulations again to the Families and People of Sweden!!

Welcome to the World Little Prince!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Photo from the family
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCe-w3eP8qw/?taken-by=kungahuset
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset...515803374007/1059977570727821/?type=3&theater

The family has left home to Haga Palace, it seems that they managed to do it without the press noticing it.

Kronprinsessfamiljen hemma på Haga - Sveriges Kungahus

EDIT: HQ photo from the court
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200...uset.se+Copyright+The+Royal+Court,+Sweden.JPG

It's great that they published a very similar photo now than when Estelle was born.

Margareta Thorgren tells that the photo has been taken by an aide-de-camp.
Första bilden på nyfödde prinsen _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Last edited:
Victoria looks wonderful!!!

Awww, Daniel looks so proud, I'm so happy for them! Big sister Estelle looks a little tired, they must have woken her up to go meet little brother in the hospital. And Victoria, what an amazing lady, how does someone look that good a few hours after giving birth! She looks so very happy, on cloud nine. Can't wait to see the wee ones precious little face and hear his names and titles!

Frederik and Mary have a very busy official programme in Doha, but the first thing Mary was ready with this morning was a genuine warm-hearted greetings to Sweden's Victoria and Daniel :wub:

Video:
BILLED-BLADET Play – Danmarks Royale TV | Kronprinsesse Mary ønsker kronprinsesse Victoria og prins Daniel tillykke

- "It is absolutely wonderful. I am so happy. We are so happy. And we have sent our greatest congratulations and we share their joy. We have followed Victoria's pregnancy very close, so it's so lovely to hear a little boy has arrived well and safely into our world."

Last edited:
Last edited:
So a name and title will be announced in a while, or tomorrow?

Oscar Carl Olof, Duke of Skåne. It is great there is Olof from Daniel, and in a way from his father too.

H.R.H Prince Oscar Carl Olof, Prince of Sweden, Duke of Skåne
(Gustaf VI Adolfs duchy)

Court website
H.K.H. Prins Oscar Carl Olof, hertig av Skåne - Sveriges Kungahus

Photos from the Cabinet meeting here
Konselj och Te Deum för nye prinsen _ Nyheter _ Expressen

The Mistress of the Robes, Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke said that prince Oscar has dark hair and very fine features. Cute ears, she usually looks at them.
Speaker Urban Ahlin said that Estelle was very excited and very happy. But she was also disappointed that the prince just closed his eyes and therefore could not look at the princess's drawings. Prime minister Stefan Löfven said that Daniel had said that it's an absolutely fantastic feeling to have one more child.

Last edited:
A Boy for Victoria and Daniel: March 2, 2016

I must say that the Mistress of the robes, Baroness Kristin von Blixen-Finecke, has the poshest accent I've ever heard.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Welcome to this world, Oscar!
Wonderful name :)!
BYe Bine

Totally disappointed. I was hoping for a more original name, like "Thomas". I also don't like that the baby has only 3 names. Oh well,I'll have to get used to it.

Anyone knows whicjh questions have been asked during the conference?

Totally disappointed. I was hoping for a more original name, like "Thomas". I also don't like that the baby has only 3 names. Oh well,I'll have to get used to it.

Anyone knows whicjh questions have been asked during the conference?

Tomas is an extremely ordinary Swedish name. There's Tomases everywhere.

The King started out by mentioning the passing of his brother-in-law Prince Johan Georg von Hohenzollern.

After revealing his grandsons name and title he added that he hadn't met his newborn grandson yet because of a very stubborn flue.

Hmm, it certainly isn't an uncommon name. Third most popular boys name in Sweden. I have to admit I thought it would be a little more original or historic.

Awww, Daniel looks so proud, I'm so happy for them! Big sister Estelle looks a little tired, they must have woken her up to go meet little brother in the hospital. And Victoria, what an amazing lady, how does someone look that good a few hours after giving birth! She looks so very happy, on cloud nine. Can't wait to see the wee ones precious little face and hear his names and titles!

I think despite looking superhappy, that CP Victoria is the one, who is looking tired. I assume, not only from the "hard work" of delivery, but also surely she did not sleep much at night to look at her little boy :winkiss:
Bye Bine

Not so much surprise like Estell. But Oscar is a very beautiful name! Welcome to our world little Oscar!!!

I love the name. Congratulations to the family.

Oscar Carl Olof is a good name. I had hoped that they wouldn't have used Carl (I don't like it), but Gustaf from the king. But because Madeleine used Gustaf for Nicolas, I started to think that Victoria and Daniel would have Carl at their son's name.

The governor of Skåne, Margareta Pålsson expressed great joy over the news.
- We are very honored and proud that the royal family has chosen our county as duchy for the new prince. We hope that the crown princess family and our new duke soon visits us.
Prinsen blir hertig av Skåne - Länsstyrelsen Skåne

Last edited:
Tomas is an extremely ordinary Swedish name. There's Tomases everywhere.

I meant a "strange" name like it was for Estelle. I don't like how they went traditional for a boy, nor do I like how they chose only 3 names.

For the Statement of Witness - I don't recall this level of fuss for Leonore and Nicolas. I know it's standard for the witness, but the meeting at Haga. It seems there more attention because it's the third in line to the throne.

I saw the article and the photo of CP going to the hospital to see Victoria. Sofia is already getting dragged for not going with him. She could have been tired or there were limits to visitors, but it is what it is.

Can't wait for Oscar's monogram and coat of arms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom