2012 Paralympic Games in London, August 29 - September 9, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love these :D. One of Louise rolling her eyes is priceless :D.

Some that I found on my twitter feed:

A bigger picture of Catherine with her hands by her nose :ROFLMAO::
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9l02wwcfs1rpfi8wo2_500.jpg

Cheering/doing the wave at swimming:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9l02wwcfs1rpfi8wo3_1280.jpg

Catherine chatting to a young lady in the audience:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ngS1vWzMS...mpics%2BDay%2B1%2BSwimming%2B81qQE8-VhMix.jpg

Love the smiles :D:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PULGPMXhN...London%2B2012%2BParalympic%2BZ0DLmDwD7RFx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am with you ghost_night554, I can never get enough of William and Kate's cuteness. Thanks for posting the links.

stellad said:
I am with you ghost_night554, I can never get enough of William and Kate's cuteness. Thanks for posting the links.

They are too cute for their own good sometimes :wub: :D. What I really love though is the sense that during those moments the world doesn't exist, as far as they're concerned. You pretty much feel as if you're intruding on a private moment. Love just radiates off of them.

I LOVE the image if Louise showing off her t-shirt, that is so cute. What a little lady! Love all the images, so great to see them all acting like a family. I would like to see more of this four some (5 if we are going to include Edward in it) attend another event. If we are to believe the press, it was Sophie who helped Catherine before her marriage, therefore developing a friendship. It was also said that Catherine visited Louise after she had broken her arm, but it is the press so we will never really know.

I look forward to what delights the press find for us today of family members visiting. Are William and Catherine due to attend? Sophie's visit yesterday was not on the CC, so it was a private/personal attendance, however Edward's visit was listed.

What lovely pictures! As I am a grandmother who is very fond of children I particularly appreciated Felipe and Victoria with their Mother Elena and lovely little Lady Loyise.
What charming children the three are and I am so happy to see that Louise is developing as a happy outgoing and very natural girl.

Princess Margriet and husband Pieter van Vollenhoven at the wheelchair basketball match between the Netherlands and Great Britain on August 30 and at a swimming medal ceremony:

** ppe gallery 1 ** ppe gallery 2 **

Molly2101 said:
I LOVE the image if Louise showing off her t-shirt, that is so cute. What a little lady! Love all the images, so great to see them all acting like a family. I would like to see more of this four some (5 if we are going to include Edward in it) attend another event. If we are to believe the press, it was Sophie who helped Catherine before her marriage, therefore developing a friendship. It was also said that Catherine visited Louise after she had broken her arm, but it is the press so we will never really know.

I look forward to what delights the press find for us today of family members visiting. Are William and Catherine due to attend? Sophie's visit yesterday was not on the CC, so it was a private/personal attendance, however Edward's visit was listed.

I remember reading all of that as well. I think Sophie (along with the Duchess of Cornwall) were and still are a great support system for Catherine (I would imagine it would be such for a while, especially as Catherine takes on more and more engagements). As for Her Ladyship, what a ham! Images of her make my day. She must have one heck of a personality, and at that age, getting to spend some time with the 'big' cousins is a huge deal. Of course, Catherine and William are great with kids, so there's no doubt they get along (I believe when Louise was home with her broken arm, the press wrote that she was happy to get a visit from 'Aunt Catherine' and Lupo :D). I too hope that we will see all of them (including the Earl and little James) during the Games.

I really like her coatdress, although she's worn it many times before. (I don't have any trouble with royals recycling) It is brocade which I love. However I would have worn slightly darker shades shoes to bring in some contract, perhaps bronze, like the stichting on her bag.

:previous:
True - and in a less bright colour. ;)
The noise must have been quite deafening though and she's an old lady, so I don't blame her.

- A picture of Prince Albert and Princess Charlene
:ROFLMAO: PA with a halo - that's new!

Charlene and Albert visited the olympic village, here Charlène in the dinning hall with a South Africa sportman

Bonus! Charlène! - Royautés
Charlene (from Monaco) has now formally replaced Mabel (from the Netherlands) as the most unstylish royal.

Where does she get these clothes from? :eek: See more pictures in their thread.

No more William at the paralympics, but we'll see Catherine on Sunday and Henry on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, a little information on Team GB's progress in Paralympics: with 13 medals (3 gold, 6 silver, 4 bronze), the team is comfortable on 3rd position by gold medal count, and on 2nd - by overall medal count.

Personally, I'm absolutely amazed at the resolution and strength of spirit every single one of the athletes shows: it's really inspiring.

No more William at the paralympics, but we'll see Catherine on Sunday and Henry on Tuesday.
On Tuesday, Harry will watch Britain vs. Denmark Goalball.

Two thrilled royal supporters :)

Princess Märtha Louise has attended Equestrian events in Greenwich Park today, September 1, 2012:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

And Princess Margriet attended te Women's Individual 500m Time Trial in the Velodrome also today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Two thrilled royal supporters :)

Princess Märtha Louise has attended Equestrian events in Greenwich Park today, September 1, 2012:

Pic 3

I wonder what provoked this reaction in Martha Louise? She looks positively fierce this picture.

So after Princess Anne wearing Team GB kit all in once, we have infanta Elena with the spanish one:whistling:

Why is being proud of your nation just exclusive to Princess Anne? I'm quite happy to see Infanta Elena there regardless of what she's wearing.

I'm assuming by the posts here, that the paralympics is being promoted quite alot in GB, it's unfortunate though it's not anywhere else. Well at least not here, and by a few friends I'm told not in the States. We did see the opening ceromonies.

So today we have Catherine attending rowing and athletics events today.

cdngirl said:
I'm assuming by the posts here, that the paralympics is being promoted quite alot in GB, it's unfortunate though it's not anywhere else. Well at least not here, and by a few friends I'm told not in the States. We did see the opening ceromonies.

We have a few channels covering the paralympics as well as regular news updates. However the coverage is poor and the commentators are awful.

We have a few channels covering the paralympics as well as regular news updates. However the coverage is poor and the commentators are awful.

German tv broadcasts live every day 4-5 hours of the morning events with (as far as i can tell :) ) much the same commentators as for the olympics
Dutch tv shows relatively little

Everybody raves about the enthousiasm in london, the fact that there such a big audience and that the events are at the same venues as the olympic competition, so i have a feeling that these Paralympics are very good for the development of these sports and with that, the interest of the media

The Paralympics are being held in GB at the expense of British taxpayers, so of course they're being promoted here. This is also the first ever Paralympics to sell all its tickets, which is quite amazing.

I think it's very sad that some overseas nations, who make so much of their Olympic athletes, won't do their Paralympians the decency of proper coverage. It's really such a shame.

What probably makes the paralympics a bit more complicated is the different classifications of disability, so there's not one 100m track champion, but several. Some years ago the classifications were changed (before there were so many categories that almost everybody got a medal) but this is always a point of discussion..

On the other hand, the last decade or so, a lot more countries send athletes to the paralympics (even countries that not so long ago probably didn't admit that there were disabled people :) ), and a lot of the athletes train as many hours as olympic athletes..

The simple fact is, the paralympic games aren't treated with the same importance as the Olympics. Up until a few days prior to the games I had no idea that in the last 4 games GB had come second in the medal table. Getting 102 medals in Beijing. I asked around, friends and family, nobody knew. There isn't enough promotion, and I doubt there ever will be.

The BBC news had an piece on how Beijing had been changed by hosting the paralympic games, it showed one man who could now ride the bus in peace without being attacked by children, he went to a film screening where a lady narrated what was on the screen. It was said that this wouldn't have happened before they hosted the olympics. This is an achievement of the games, but coming from China I imagine it's a small one.

The simple fact is, the paralympic games aren't treated with the same importance as the Olympics

Exactly! It really is a shame. They showed the opening ceromonies, but even that wasn't live. I just think it's such dissrespect. They treat the abled bodied athletes like gods and count medals (which I think is idiotic) but you understand what I'm saying. The paralympians get nothing.

I think it's good what took place in China. It may be a small step, but that can lead to bigger steps and people being educated.

One of the commentor here was saying the US has one of the biggest delegation of athletes, but yet one of the athlets said, that some Americans didn't even know about the paralympics. Shameful.

Thanks for that link, MagMil. Nice to see Kate once again with the whole Wessex family this time. Lady Louise is rocking her poncho; little James is too cool for one it would seem! They certainly seemed to enjoy themselves:

Prince Edward Earl Of Wessex Sophie Countess Of Wessex Lady

I have to say, Kate seems to get as nervous as I do when watching tense sporting occasions. I can only peep through my fingers and on other occasions I can't bare to watch at all. Many times I've had to leave the room during penalty shootouts and the like.

Prince Edward Earl Of Wessex Sophie Countess Of Wessex Lady

Britain has traditionally been one of the most successful countries in the Paralympic Games - and this year is no exception. The games have just started (two days), yet the country already has 47 medals (13 gold, 22 silver, 12 bronze) and is very comfortably sitting on the 2nd table position both by gold and overall medal counts.

You may think Britain's coverage of the Paralympics is not enough, but compared to the other countries (and I'm not talking about small ones like Armenia, but even the United States or Canada), it's pretty sound. Not on par with the Olympics, but still.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom