Royal Hairstyles Part 2: January 2013 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrinceS

Aristocracy
City
Pacific
Country
U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Are there any royal (or semi-royal) men with long hair? I searched the forum but the only person who came up was Andrea C. and he chopped off his hair several months ago.

Are there any royal (or semi-royal) men with long hair? I searched the forum but the only person who came up was Andrea C. and he chopped off his hair several months ago.

For a long time, Pierre C. also wore his hair long (shaggy?). It was only long like Andrea's for a little while.

Also depending on what you call long, Prince Bernhard of Oranje-Nassau, son of Princess Margriet has very curly hair but it is rather long.

They aren't "royal" as in "HRH" but Count Bjorn and Count Christian Bernadotte af Wisborg, youngest sons of the late Count Lennart both have worn their hair long in the past. Bjorn cut his a few years ago, but if you look for pictures of Christian during his engagement to Christine Stoltman or the pic from their recent civil wedding you can see he still wears it long and pulled back in a ponytail.

Kitin Munoz, husband of Princess Kalina of Bulgaria has his hair shorter sometimes but usually it is past his ears at least, and mostly to his shoulders or longer.

He doesn't wear it that long any more but Prince Felix of Luxembourg also used to have longer shoulder-length hair.

Sheikh Jassem of Qatar has had longer hair for most of the last 10 years and the newly elevated Prince Nicholas of Romania (formerly Nicholas Medforth-Mills) has hair the length of the Beatles but styled more like surfer/skater dudes.

I don't know about his brothers, but Prince Philip of Serbia/Yugoslavia, son of Crown Prince Alexander, has worn his hair shoulder-length. And Prince Boris of Montenegro also wore his hair long like Andrea C. for several years.

Hope you can find all the pics! :flowers:

Rascal

I wouldn't say LONG hair, but CP Hussein of Jordan had his hair a bit over the shoulders once :)
... but then he cutted it );

The first and only one who comes to mind for me is the current Emperor of Japan's youngest son..I can't remember his name...but he has been wearing the same shaggy hair style for DECADES...he is now in middle age and his hair is silver but it's still worn the same as his adolescence and it looks ridiculous beyond belief, imo. :bang:

The first and only one who comes to mind for me is the current Emperor of Japan's youngest son..I can't remember his name...but he has been wearing the same shaggy hair style for DECADES...he is now in middle age and his hair is silver but it's still worn the same as his adolescence and it looks ridiculous beyond belief, imo. :bang:

I completely agree, Moonmaiden. Prince Akishino's "Moe from the Three Stooges" haircut does nothing for him. For a guy who is actually nice looking, that clown cut is laughable. Bet his salt-and-pepper hair would look great with a closer cut and little hair gel (think Richard Gere, George Clooney, et al)

Prince Carl Philip of Sweden has longer hair.

:ermm: Oh like this?

http://www.topnews.in/files/Prince-Akishino-8965.jpg

Many consider men with this type of hairstyle seductive.

SEDUCTIVE?!:lol::lol::bang: I guess it depends on who-or what-you are trying to seduce!!

Akishino looks completely undignified with that shaggy gray hair.

Akinshino.... not so much. Andrea in his younger days with that shaggy hair made me SWOON! hahaha

Akinshino.... not so much. Andrea in his younger days with that shaggy hair made me SWOON! hahaha

Yes indeed, Andrea was quite the dreamboat with his long locks...but his half Akishino's age!

Royal Hairstyles Part 2
There previous thread can be found here

Here are some important TRF

Community Rules & FAQ's
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

New Year Banquet at Amalienborg Castle January 1, 2013

Princess Mary
1 ** 2 ** 3

Princess Marie
1 ** 2

:previous: I love Mary´s. It´s simple and suits her and the rubi tiara.

Marie´s is too intricated for my taste, too much going on, IMO.

Yes,impeccable hairstyle!The arrow of Armor was a sweet way of celebrating her love.

In my humble opinion Marie's hairstyle is very elegant and fits her perfectly.

La coronación de Holanda, una celebración llena de anécdotas
if we scroll down we can see a nice photo of the nice heair style that Maxima used with the Tiara for thecoronation, i think it isvery well done but I belive it is a piece added from the tiara down and mixed with her own heair from the fromt1 i really like it! and clap the heair dresserfor such incredible hear do

Love all the little detail in Victoria's hair she does it regularly and each is so cute. Again I say Maxima even the hair was stunning...

I just love Maxima's hairstyle at her 40th birthday:

1 2

I just love Victoria's hairstyle at her pre-wedding event:

1 2 3

For me, this is one of the most perfect hairstyles I have ever seen. She was radiant and everything she wore that evening was PERFCT:flowers:

I love these hairstyles on Catherine:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Last edited:
I like Mary's. It's look simple, but so cute and elegant.

For me, this is one of the most perfect hairstyles I have ever seen. She was radiant and everything she wore that evening was PERFCT:flowers:

Totally agree - and the best was the "love arrow"
Bye Bine

Stephanie's hair at her civil wedding was absolutely beautiful!

1 2 3 4 5 6

Simply stunning.

It reminds me of Rapunzel.

I agree. Stephanie's hair all during the day of her civil wedding looked incredible. I really adored the long ponytail in the morning, and then the Rapunzel look for the civil ceremony.

In the weeks leading up to the wedding I thought she was growing it too long and should cut it-it was almost to her waist by her wedding day. But it was just perfectly styled by Carita, like a blonde waterfall of hair.

She cut it as soon as she returned from her honeymoon.:sad:

Back
Top Bottom