Royal Fashion Icons

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Rania and Princess Madeleine of Sweden

Margaret was an icon in her day. As were Grace and Diana. Today, I like the way Marie-Chantal and Caroline dress. Rosario dresses well enough, but her hair needs serious help.

As far as those who need help, Sophie Wessex has never dressed well, but she operates on a much smaller budget than a lot of other princesses. Laurentien can be a complete nightmare sometimes -- everything will be perfect, and then one thing just ruins it. Mette-Marit's fashion sense could use some help; some of her cuts are just awful. Maxima and Mathilde dress nicely, but there's no real oomph in their choices. Mary's gala dresses could use some oomph, but I don't like the Danish gala dresses anyways, so that could just be my bias. Letizia's clothes are safe and she wears way too many neutrals.

Top icons
Princess Caroline-I love her classic day ware her rather chic casual wear and most of her eveing wear-she has some misses but that's ok

Letiza-very chic,her clothes fit her well and she seems to know what works or her and what dosen't I like her choice of colors as well

Princess Madeleine seldom misses I love her youthful,crisp chic look

Princess Aimee-love her classic/modern look

CP Mett-Meit -love her shoes

Alexandra of Denmark-love her hats

Who needs help

Mabel-she need to keep it simple

CP Victoria of Sweeden her clothes make her look older than she is-I know she will be Queen but she could spice it up a little

CP Mary of Denmark-I think she's trying but hasn't found her style yet I like some of her offbeat attempts but she tries too many of them she needs to find a couple that work for her and stick to it -like some of the patterns she wears.She seems to wear more patterns in her dress then most of the royal women do.

Maxima-alot of her clothes are alright in themselves but almost everything she wears makes her look too boxy,either the style or the fit is off with her.

Last edited:
Princess Diana,and Princess Mary,also Princess Marina of Kent and the Duchess of Windsor.

I don't have a royal as a fashion icon,they are well dressed as they have the access to the best advisors and fashions.

A fashion icon for me is is somebody who has innate fashion sense and natural elegance,and considering most of what we saw of royals before they make some effort,we can say that nobody had that sense,it's very rare.

polop said:
Who's your favorite fashion icon?Who do you think dresses the best and others who just need plain help?:)
My favourite fashion icon is HM Queen Elizabeth II.

Salomé said:
A fashion icon for me is is somebody who has innate fashion sense and natural elegance,and considering most of what we saw of royals before they make some effort,we can say that nobody had that sense,it's very rare.

Agreed, however I have the belief that perhaps a few of our royal ladies do have that 'gift'. Hard to tell which ones though because as you say they have access to the best fashion advisors etc..;)

I am interested to know why these Queens, Crown Princesses and Princess are considered a fashion icon to you. What is it about their sense of style that "speaks" to you?

I think Letizia is the best dressed royal lady..followed by Rania.

Need help? I think Mary.. She's still looking for her own style. Some of the royal ladies has their own style. Like Letizia, Rania, Mathilde... Mary's always been on the latest trends. It would help if she starts to build her own image/style that would definitely say that's Mary..:) ;)

I would say Mary. She seems to me as an ambassador to the latest trends which gives those interested an idea of what is the latest trend.

madeleine victoria said:
I think Letizia is the best dressed royal lady..followed by Rania.

Need help? I think Mary.. She's still looking for her own style. Some of the royal ladies has their own style. Like Letizia, Rania, Mathilde... Mary's always been on the latest trends. It would help if she starts to build her own image/style that would definitely say that's Mary..:) ;)

I totally agree with you.
I think princess Letizia...,as other princess, has her own style, and personally love her style. Princess Mary is obsessed with be always the most modern and fashion fashion and FASHION! and….that isn´t own of an elegant woman.

Last edited:
I think Queen Rainia tops them all. She always looks so elegant and gorgeous.

After that I would say Princess Carloine of Monaco, then Princess Letizia

Princess Letizia and Queen Rania always (gala, evening, summer, winter, pregnant.. whatever) elegant, professional and classy..

I think none of the current crown princesses could be considered 'fashion icon' yet. To be bestowed on such a title, you need to have your own distinct individual style, whether plp agree with it or not, not to mention inspire fashionista & fashion houses to copy such style. I believe most of the ladies who earned such a title are dead, from Princess Grace to Jackio Onassis, but the likes of Princess Caroline and even Queen Rania might be on their way to earning such a fashion acalade. I also love princess letizia, she has her own distinct fashion sense, if somewhat formal & business-like. :flowers:

ps. i can't wait to see how princess madeleine & charlotte casiraghi develop their style in the coming yrs.

As for royals, it's more like style icons or lifestyle icon. Those are:
Princess Madeliene
Charlotte Casiroghi
Crown Princess Mary

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember that we are discussing royal fashion icons in this thread. If you wish to discuss Hollywood, political or popular fashion icons, do so in Members' Corner.

Please share with us the reasons why you nominated "your" royal fashion icon... What qualites, characteristics, talents, etc do you admire most in this person.

Thanks,

Mandy

Queen Rania, CP Letizia, CP Mette-Marit and Princess Caroline

I love CP Mary fashion style. She`s always perfect. And I think CP MM need some help....sometimes..her clothes make her look older then she is.:bang:

Last edited:
Lauritas138 said:
I totally agree with you.
I think princess Letizia...,as other princess, has her own style, and personally love her style. Princess Mary is obsessed with be always the most modern and fashion fashion and FASHION! and….that isn´t own of an elegant woman.
I agree, Mary is a fashion victim, she's certaily no style icon.

I like alot of Letizia's clothes but don't really think she's a style icon, as there's no look that she has defined. The only Royal ladies who would come close to be called an icon would probably be Rania and caroline. Rania is reguarly nominated in polls. Interestingly, Charlotte Casiraghi was also bestowed a similar title recently in an American magazine (along with Rania). I cannot remember if it was W or Vanity Fair.

Little_star said:
I agree, Mary is a fashion victim, she's certaily no style icon.
Fashion victim - LOL, what an odd thing to claim. When is someone a victim? When they don't do exactly the same thing each time?
I must be a food victim then - I like varied food :lol:

Last edited:
UserDane said:
...as is Mary... :p
I was refering to fashion magazines, Vogue, W etc. I've never seen Mary nominated in any such poll, other than Hello or in Australian tabloids. Hello, doesn't really count as people can vote (and do) as many times as they wish.

My votes:

Crown Princess Mary: Gorgeous clothing always, never seen her wear anything ugly, always appropriate, patron of fashion

Queen Rania: Her mix of traditional clothing and modern wears makes her notable, and her ability to look stunning in all of it makes her a star

Princess Grace of Monaco and Princess Diana are both fashion icons.They were beautiful and elegant ,and they are a reference in fashion.They are classics.They both had excellent taste in dressing ,so exquisite:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom