The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-16-2004, 12:21 PM
Commoner

Royals and Make up

Anyone know any of the favorite brands or artists royals go to or use?

Old 05-29-2004, 02:11 AM
Serene Highness

Princess Diana favored Clinique products. She hooked up with Patrick DeMarchelier's team (he's a fashion photographer) and used their makeup artists. But she was like the rest of us experimenting with this and that........I found it interesting in her butler's book her favorite hairspray was Pantene......

Old 10-19-2004, 12:53 PM
Majesty

i do not think we will ever know what make up they use
do wont tell at least
maybe if someone seeing them buy any produkt
or if the make up artists that do their make up gossip to the papers
Old 04-07-2005, 09:05 AM
Courtier

I have read in many magazines that Mary uses Estee Lauder for both makeup and skincare.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:39 AM
Heir Apparent

The lastest issue of Svensk Damtidning says that Crown Princess Victoria uses the Yves Saint Laurent Touch Déclet, and Princess Madeleine the FACE lipgloss nr 13 (baby pink).
Old 09-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Majesty

i must be hard to see in photos whta make up they use,to know it must mean that someone has seen them buy the products
Old 09-08-2006, 06:05 PM
Courtier

I found an article about Princess Mary's make-up...it was also originally posted on the thread about Princess Mary's make-up (I think!)

http://womansday.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=52384
Old 10-01-2006, 01:24 PM

I've heard that Mary is using the Mineral foundation from Youngblood.
Thats why her skin is always looking so healthy and shiny eventhough she is actually wearing at lot of make-up.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:50 PM
Courtier

And Princess Mathilde??
Old 12-01-2006, 04:47 PM
Royal Highness

Make-up & Skincare of Royals

First off, it's been ages since I've posted and as I looked around this fantastic new sub-forum I thought it might be nice to have a thread on royal make-up & skincare. Yes, it's girly and maybe a little frivilous but...it's fun!

I've always wondered what skincare CP Mary uses -- her skin looks like porcelain -- and what line of make-up CP Letizia uses as she always looks so flawless at galas and other engagements. CP Victoria is another royal who's beautifully made up at functions. My list could go on and on...

What are some favorite looks from your favorite princesses and other royals? And, do any of you know some secrets to their success in looking so regal?
Old 12-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Nobility

I watched a similar thread but about the Princess Mary... on the Danish Foro...if you want can to look for it´s very intresting... princess Mary Make-up I think...
Old 12-01-2006, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Mary is perhaps the best example of how expensive skincare treatments can do miracles. I remember seing some photos of her having luch with her friend Ellen, right after her wedding I believe, and she originally had a very damaged skin, with a lot of wrinkles and sunspots... certainly peelings can do wonders.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:09 PM
Courtier

I believe Mary uses mineral make-up...
I use it, just not the brand she does, and it does create a pretty flawless complexion.

http://womansday.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=52384

I've posted this site before on the thread for Mary's make-up and look...
The make-up for the brands she uses are not that expensive, but they are not the common stuff you can get at any drug store...
Old 12-01-2006, 06:16 PM
Royal Highness

Elsa M - you are so right about the miracles of expensive skin treatment! Mary had good skin prior to marrying Frederik but it was sun damaged (some spots and discoloration). Since her marriage her skin has become better and better with each year. I would have to say that this year her skin has looked amazing. No discoloration or spotting and it looks amazingly smooth and healthy.

Beautiful photos, pretoriana18!

Mary looks very good with darker eye make-up and soft glossy lips -- very Audrey Hepburn/Jackie O.

Letizia is a fantastic natural beauty. She just seems to need a little pop of color on her cheeks, subtle eye make-up to bring out her eyes and a good gloss on her lips.

Mette-Marit is very natural. She's got great bone structure and I think, IMHO, if she wore too much make-up it would ruin her fresh appeal. Great photos of her.

Victoria's make-up is fantastic. I love how she plays up her eyes and bone structure. Her hair, when done for galas, looks very glamorous.

Very interesting information on mineral make-up, Rachel D. What brand do you use?
Old 12-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Courtier

I think Mary still has a lot of wrinkles for her age!!
Old 12-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Royal Highness

Hi, Roxsteve. Mary does have a fair number of wrinkles but, imho, what saves her is that her skin, apart from wrinkles, is a beauitful tone. I'm glad that she hasn't given in to botox or something of that nature because I think that some wrinkles give a face character.

Letizia's eye make-up is beautiful. It looks to me like she uses an emerald or green eyeliner and sometimes a deep green (almost forest green) mascara to highlight her eyes. Does it look this way to all of you? I can remember a very high resolution photo -- sorry that I don't have it! -- of Letizia at the State Dinner for Putin and it looked as though she wearing a gorgeous emerald green mascara...
Old 12-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia
Letizia's eye make-up is beautiful. It looks to me like she uses an emerald or green eyeliner and sometimes a deep green (almost forest green) mascara to highlight her eyes. Does it look this way to all of you? I can remember a very high resolution photo -- sorry that I don't have it! -- of Letizia at the State Dinner for Putin and it looked as though she wearing a gorgeous emerald green mascara...
Julia,
I know what picture your talking about...but I can't find it! She looked amazing! I use Bare Minerals, have you heard of it? I'd love to try the brand that Mary uses!
Old 12-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelD
Julia,
I know what picture your talking about...but I can't find it! She looked amazing! I use Bare Minerals, have you heard of it? I'd love to try the brand that Mary uses!
Hi Rachel,

Didn't Letizia look fantastic at that State Dinner? I'm going to do a little more sleuthing to try and find some photos from that event.

I've not tried Bare Minerals but from the looks of Mary's skin and your reccommendation I think I just might have to try this line! Thanks for the information.

The link that RachelD supplied above (thanks, Rachel!) has some information on Mary's preferred choice of skin care. She uses Ole Henriksen line. I've not used it. Does anyone here use Ole Henriksen's products?
Old 12-07-2006, 05:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
Mary is perhaps the best example of how expensive skincare treatments can do miracles. I remember seing some photos of her having luch with her friend Ellen, right after her wedding I believe, and she originally had a very damaged skin, with a lot of wrinkles and sunspots... certainly peelings can do wonders.
She definitely has a rigorous skincare regime as her skin pre-Fred wasn't so great. I've sometimes whether she's used some sort of bleaching treatment as well to get the porcelain "effect".

Charlotte Casiraghi has amazing skin, it's flawless, plus I think her make-up usually looks great.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Gentry

I agree with everyone in this thread about Mary having a beautiful skin but some other ladies that I have always wondered about their skin care routine are Lalla Salma and Rania. The women from those countries do tend to have very nice skin and considering the harsh sun in those countries, it is really difficult to get something like that.

Apart of knowing that in Morocco they used quite a lot argan oil in skin products, does anyone know any other routines or products that might help them to get those skins?