Dutch Abdication & Inauguration: Fashion Choices

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, could one our our wonderful Dutch speaking friends pleeeeeease let us know what Jan Taminiau has to say about the dress?!
Thanks!

He was asked who decided that the colour would be blue. Then he told us that it was clear that they already had the colours red and white in the jacket from WA so then they there was blue (the colours of our flag). He told that us that it had to be fitting in with the whole background and that the both of them decided on the model, it was a process. The lace had to look like 'Delfts blauw' very delicate, it was made in an atelier in Paris.

He was overwhelmed with all the reactions and of course very proud when Maxima asked him to make the two dresses. It was a little boys dream comming true and that he would be part of history as of now.

Maxima dress from the official Portrait is divine she looks Queen in every inch.

I'm wondering why Charles chose to wear The Order of the House of Orange instead of The Order of the Gold Lion of the House of Nassau?

I don't know, but I was surprised at a number of choices. Exceptions to the rules were the rule.

He was asked who decided that the colour would be blue. Then he told us that it was clear that they already had the colours red and white in the jacket from WA so then they there was blue (the colours of our flag). He told that us that it had to be fitting in with the whole background and that the both of them decided on the model, it was a process. The lace had to look like 'Delfts blauw' very delicate, it was made in an atelier in Paris.

He was overwhelmed with all the reactions and of course very proud when Maxima asked him to make the two dresses. It was a little boys dream comming true and that he would be part of history as of now.

Thank you so much for ther information Maxima! I love the idea of the Delfts Blauw style lace - I was wondering about the lace design and now it makes the dress seem even more special!

Sorry, I can not find details of the jewels of Sheikha Mozah in last dinner (after the River pageant). I would love to see her belt, bracelet and earrings.

So perhaps we can have a list oft he designers uses during the inauguration?
I´m starting….

Gala dinner on the eve
Maxima- Valentino
Victoria- Elie Saab
Stephanie- Elie Saab
Mette Marit – Giambattista Valli
Letizia- Varela
Mary- Birgit Hallstein

Inauguration
Maxima- Jan Taminiau
Mette Marit- Valentino
Camilla- Bruce Oldfield
Letizia- Varela
Mathilde- Natan
Caroline- Dolce Gabbana (is it the dress that Madeleine wore tha day after the Nobel Price?)

River Pageant
Maxima- Jan Taminiau
Mabel- Victor and Rolf
Margriet- Addy van den Krommenacker
Annette-Addy van den Krommenacker
Aimee-Addy van den Krommenacker
Irene-Addy van den Krommenacker
Margriet- Addy van den Krommenacker
Mary- Jesper Hovring

Does anyone know how the hermelin coat was fixed on the suit of Willem-Alexander?

It will stay there for 100 days, until August 18th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom