Crown Princess Mary's Skin Care and Beauty Regime

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a reminder that your opinions must be based on facts which include reliable published reports. These do not include old posts which are after all other members' opinions or photos which are subjectively interpreted and are too often photo-shopped.

We at TRF value all our members from newbies to oldies and we believe everyone has something to contribute. :flowers:

Mandy
House of Fashion Moderator

Thanks marmi, for the link. And auntie for your attempts at posting the pictures...:flowers:

Generally speaking, tell me what close up picture doesn't show the makeup a woman wears? You look at the other photographs in the above link and she looks really quite understated..even in the somewhat 'distanced' hosptial photo's her makeup looks rather delicate and pretty. Not what I would at all consider to be too over the top.

As for the Parliament photos, Marie seems to be wearing as much makeup as Mary...just different shading and colours.

If anyone wishes to view a lot of makeup, take a look a Gloria Von Thurn und Taxis in the 80's/early 90's.

And I do think Mary is looking older, but so she should. She has since lost the 'younger woman look' that was 2004/2006 and now seems more mature and elegant in her physcial appearance. Certainly I don't consider her to be aging quickly...not at all...but her facial structure has since started to fill out ever so slightly and her laugh lines seem more apparent when she smiles. Also, lines under her eyes, but above her cheeks have since formed but I don't know anyone in their mid 30's who doesn't have them.

For goodness sake! she is only 35 year old. Still young and pretty. If someone think 35 is an old woman, then they should think twice.

Mary is 36 year old and not 35. She will turn 37 on February.
By the way, Let's be honest, each rich woman uses vitamin and botox injections, plastic surgeries in order to look younger.

By the way, Let's be honest, each rich woman uses vitamin and botox injections, plastic surgeries in order to look younger.

Do you think Mary has had botox?
I don't think so, and as far as 37 goes she is still young and very beautiful and quite able to carry off a dress such as the one in question. I can't wait to see what Mary wears to the next event:flowers:

Will you please provide reliable sources for that claim?
Especially in connection to CP Mary.

Will you please provide reliable sources for that claim?
Especially in connection to CP Mary.

We have no proof that Mary uses botox, vitamin injections, or plastic surgeries to maintain her looks. She may, but we don't know that for certain.

Not all wealthy women use those things. There are many women who have substantial financial resources who do choose to age naturally. That is really an unfair generalization, Guido.

I am 53 years old and I do not have a wrinkled forehead at all. That is
a very unfair statement. I think she takes such wonderful care of complexion she is not in need of anything yet. She is a very young woman by todays standards.

Just because they don't have wrinkles on their forehead doesn’t mean they have had Botox. You can tell they have, they look like the skin is stiff and hardly moves. Mary clearly has not had Botox!

I used to work in a Plastic Surgeon’s office.

She looks so natural.I'm sure that's because she has the ability to use advanced products with high quality.I don't think that this result has to do with botox or plastic surgeries,not at all.

I agree with Iakynthi. It is obvious that Mary takes very good care of her skin. She doesn't smoke, she doesn't appear to use tanning beds and when she is in the sun, she usually has a hat and (I'm willing to bet) sunscreen.

By simply doing these things, one will not age as quickly. Contrary to what an earlier poster stated, 35 is hardly elderly. She is still young. If she continues to do what she has been doing, she will not need Botox or a face-lift for many years.

Unless you can provide a link to reliable published reports to prove that Mary had Botox injections or plastic surgeries, this discussion is now closed. Let's move on.

Thanks for your cooperation.:flowers:

Mandy
HofF Moderator

I think Mary's skin is perfect. Its obvious she cares for her look and skin. Her look together with her natural elegant, kindness and inteligence makes her my favorite princess. I think we, women, should mind to look well, not to look young but as a sign of respect for others. I had a teacher who used to say a woman who dosn't take care of herself is always an useless woman who doesnt know how to take care of her home, her husband and her children :D

Mary is older than I am by 8 months. Genetics play a part, health does, and so does lifestyle. Other than normal wrinkles around her eyes, and they are not that bad. She looks fine. I don't have any wrinkles yet. But I am a natural redhead and stay out of the sun. I always wear a hat and sunblock not matter what. I can also vouch for getting a good facial. It can take years off. It's all about learning what works for your skin.

A little self tanner helps Mary as well I think, I am a redhead, so I know all about that! Makes a person look more healthy. (No sun baking or tanning beds allowed!)

A little self tanner helps Mary as well I think, I am a redhead, so I know all about that! Makes a person look more healthy. (No sun baking or tanning beds allowed!)

I think I'm one of only a few, but I believe Mary looks better with a fairer complexion. A temporary summer glow is all well and good, but I for one am glade it subsides with the 'tides' of seasonal change.

Her tan though is the result of no self tanner. HRH has just spent weeks off the coast of Italy and in the south of France with plenty of outdoors time. More than enough sun exposure I'm sure...:)

I think I'm one of only a few, but I believe Mary looks better with a fairer complexion. A temporary summer glow is all well and good, but I for one am glade it subsides with the 'tides' of seasonal change.

Her tan though is the result of no self tanner. HRH has just spent weeks off the coast of Italy and in the south of France with plenty of outdoors time. More than enough sun exposure I'm sure...:)

I do too like her with a fairer complexion, it looks more regal somehow. I'm no good with the history of Royal Houses, but I remember reading somewhere that in the old days royals were encouraged to stay out of the sun, so that they keep the fair skin which was considered to show your 'higher class'....suntanned faces were showing the labour in the outdoors..:rolleyes:

Like you, I think that a fairer, shall we say, untouched by sun complexion looks much better on Crown Princess Mary, who has got an amazing natural complexion. Although sun tan does not look bad on her, I am not keen on it.

I also think Mary looks beautiful with her fair skin. It looks so healthy and natural. I have always admired the way that she hasn't gone that celebrity route and used the spray tans that look so fake. Her tan looks nice because it appears to be naturally-acquired rather than sprayed on, but I prefer her without the tan.

Her complexion is like fine china, or that of buttermilk. It looks as soft as a winter snowflake.

There's a 'purity' with such a complexion. It's strikingly beautiful, imo!

^ Funny, it was far from it when she was living in Oz ... so I doubt there is anything pure about it. Her skin was tanned, blotchy etc - all the hallmarks of sun damage, typical with Australian women who love the sun. Mary was a typical Aussie "sheila" as we are affectionately known. This new pallor she attained is exactly that: new.

Take a look at Mary's photos before she moved to Denmark, or even soon before, and you'll understand what I'm saying.

Btw, recent photos of Mary show her very tanned and more healthy looking ... so she might disappoint some of her fans who like her with the "Snow White" pallor.

I don't think she uses botox, or any other cosmetic procedure - yet - her untouched photos show quite pronounced wrinkles. Sun damage cannot be reversed with a few cosmetic creams.

I think you are way off the mark Mary never had blotchy skin, even when living in Australia, she was sun tanned, yes but you can see she also looked after her skin as most Australian women do. She also has no wrinkles than anyone else at 38, as a matter of fact she looks a darn side better than most.

Lets forget about "sheilas" its makes me cringe.

^ Funny, it was far from it when she was living in Oz ... so I doubt there is anything pure about it. Her skin was tanned, blotchy etc - all the hallmarks of sun damage, typical with Australian women who love the sun. Mary was a typical Aussie "sheila" as we are affectionately known. This new pallor she attained is exactly that: new.

Take a look at Mary's photos before she moved to Denmark, or even soon before, and you'll understand what I'm saying.

Btw, recent photos of Mary show her very tanned and more healthy looking ... so she might disappoint some of her fans who like her with the "Snow White" pallor.

I don't think she uses botox, or any other cosmetic procedure - yet - her untouched photos show quite pronounced wrinkles. Sun damage cannot be reversed with a few cosmetic creams.

Well, I do believe there is a purity about it. Pure in that it is of an unadulterated appearance. I don't care how she acquires it per say; I care only that she has it.

I wasn't interested in Mary before she was engaged to Frederik because I had no idea the lady existed. I care not for how she looked then, but for how she looks now, hence my post in a thread regarding the Crown Princess and not Australian commoner Mary Donaldson.

The Summer holidays which saw the Crown Princely family travel to the coast of Italy and southern France are of course the reason for her tanned appearance. Thankfully, that shall again grow dull and her porcleain tone return (or so I'd assume).

Lets forget about "sheilas" its makes me cringe.

I'll confess the term impresses me little, also.

That's nice, but her appearance is very much adulterated with a lot of makeup, and whatever else. But, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

My definition of 'pure' would be if that pallor were natural. Nicole Kidman's is and so is Cate Blanchett - both have always been "China Doll" pale. Mary's is not, because she was once very tanned. Her colouring is otherwise dark and she isn't bi-racial.

Re the word "sheilas": it is part of our vernacular, a colloqualism, if you like, hence my use of it. I did not indicate my preference or not for it.

marfre: no, I'm not 'way off the mark' - in fact I'm right on the money - evidenced by early photos of Mary and even some latter ones. Mary had/has blotchy skin, presumably from sun damage from the harsh Australian sun. Who knows how her skin now looks much better?

I'm a fair bit older than Mary and I can tell you that I look 10 years younger - so, no, I don't think she looks great age-wise (even with her limitless money and wherewithal). To me, she looks very old in her untouched photos. From a distance, like anyone, she looks quite good.

And, since I don't think using the word "sheilas" violates forum rules, would you mind not telling me whether or not I can use it? Or was that just a case of loose language by you?

That's nice, but I don't need to be informed that I'm entitled to an opinion. That goes without saying.

Being that Mary is no longer exposed to a harsh Australian environment; her fair complexion would be considered the natural colouration encouraged by her ecological and geographical milieu. So that its anything other than natural could be considered an ineffectual argument and as there is no evidence to support the proposition of any real cosmetic treatment having taken place, then it's little more than personal inference.

To use products that balance and promote ones' skin tone. Something Mary herself does with the use of equalising cosmetics.

Most people can attain a tan if they so wish. That then doesn't mean it's their innate colouring. Mary herself has indicated, if not stated, that she spent alot of time outdoors for leisure and sport, so it's little wonder that she maintained a tan for extended periods of time.

:previous:
I think Mary looks incredible for her age. She didn't look that bad before she met the Crown Prince, but she looks changed now, for obvious reasons.
I love her porcelain white skin, but she does look wonderful tanned. :)

Hmmm, it will add my two cents about this topic. I think we don't need pages and pages arguing about Mary's skin, and that what she is now is not natural, and that her natural complexion is darker, and her skin is not healthy.
The evidence is there, and it says everything without words, her skin is/was healthy and her actual complexion is the natural one when she's not exposed to the sun, since she tans everytime when she wished to do.
Mary has much healthier skin and looks much younger than other royal women who have the same age (+-2years), like Letizia, Rania or Maxima. They have the same access to better skin cares, but you can't change things when they are in your genes.
I do find lot of contradiction when it is said that her porcelaine skin is seen in photographs beacause they are photopshoped and bacause she wears heavy makeup, and in the same time, it's said that she looks old with winkles. The presence of winkles says everything about that the pictures are not photoshoped, and there is nothing scary about them, she has winkles of her age, and she still have healthy and wonderful complexion.
I think I said that in many occasions, Mary has the most wonderful skin around, and I do understund it can make some people jalous, but there's no need to invent things and trying to proove that Mary is completly not natural. We had the same arguments about her figure, since she lost few weight, but still she has the most healthy and slim figure around.
Finally I do agree completly with Madame Royale, I don't care about how Mary improoves and keeps her healthy and stunning appearence, what it's important for me is that she has it, and she looks completly natural! ;)

:previous:
I think Mary looks incredible for her age. She didn't look that bad before she met the Crown Prince, but she looks changed now, for obvious reasons.
I love her porcelain white skin, but she does look wonderful tanned. :)

Absolutely agree. She is a natural beauty. Not saying she isn't helped by the use of makeup, but she looked fine to me in the pictures posted while on vacation. Her skin is pale. Look at her arms, neck, legs. I don't think she is using make up on her entire body to give her that color.

That's nice, but her appearance is very much adulterated with a lot of makeup, and whatever else. But, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

My definition of 'pure' would be if that pallor were natural. Nicole Kidman's is and so is Cate Blanchett - both have always been "China Doll" pale. Mary's is not, because she was once very tanned. Her colouring is otherwise dark and she isn't bi-racial.

Re the word "sheilas": it is part of our vernacular, a colloqualism, if you like, hence my use of it. I did not indicate my preference or not for it.

marfre: no, I'm not 'way off the mark' - in fact I'm right on the money - evidenced by early photos of Mary and even some latter ones. Mary had/has blotchy skin, presumably from sun damage from the harsh Australian sun. Who knows how her skin now looks much better?

I'm a fair bit older than Mary and I can tell you that I look 10 years younger - so, no, I don't think she looks great age-wise (even with her limitless money and wherewithal). To me, she looks very old in her untouched photos. From a distance, like anyone, she looks quite good.

And, since I don't think using the word "sheilas" violates forum rules, would you mind not telling me whether or not I can use it? Or was that just a case of loose language by you?

Mary is very natural looking with her makeup. There is one CP that still does not have a clue how to apply blush. Mary never looks overly made up. She is very understated. I am wondering if she does not use the new lines of mineral cosmetics that are out now. They are so light, so little is needed to enhance someone as beautiful as Mary is naturally. Her eye makeup is so light and natural looking as well as her blush. I wish I knew what she used for her lips they always look so beautiful. I think she looks wonderful for her age. I think she will be even more beautiful than she is now as she grows older.

Back
Top Bottom