Descendants of Royals of the British Isles

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
me too

I can also trace my line back to King Henry III who was my 22nd grear grandfather as well. As some earlier mentioned lady baroness percy of lancaster had a son (same son for my family too) and that son had a daughter which is where our 2 lines differ. I am a descent of one of that sons own sons. We became the kynge/kinge line of nobility in england. Sir john kinge. Sir william kinge etc etc. All the way to canada heh. Cool to think im a direct descendant of william the conqueror

Im a descenant of every royal blood line of then and now..do to my cheever and powell blood line. You are welcome to my family tree on ancestry.com I'm cwalker8179 on there. . Any questions email me..enjoy!

mr

English throne is mine, mine, mine -hopefuls claim

LONDON (Reuters) - Hundreds of hopefuls have stepped forward to claim the throne of England after a worldwide quest by genealogists to find a rightful heir.

English throne is mine, mine, mine -hopefuls claim

Hundreds of hopefuls claim English throne Hundreds of hopefuls have stepped forward to claim the throne of England after a worldwide quest by genealogists to find a rightful heir.

Hundreds of hopefuls claim English throne - Sify.com

from mark
I have a family tree you can look at if you like and the DNA to prove it
would you like copy's

Last edited by a moderator:
mr

...my fathers line is a direct line from King William the second de peverell through de cardon/de heydon/hayden to this day, william 1 is my 34th gr grandfather :D I live in australia, so suppose id have some title if henry the 1st hadnt stole the throne!! :lol:
sorry you need to be born in England and live there for any claim if all can be proven and you may also have be excluded as may kings did remove succession rights but it is nice to know you are connected to royalty.
and give a person a happy feeling.

you may be able to go to the papers and would be good for a bit of fame.
you will need to supply details with your claim as well all the best

I might be wrong but I don't believe that William II was ever married and never had any legitimate issue,he died childless.

Mr

I'm a descendant of British royalty but don't have proof of it nor do I have any names. Does anyone know of a British royal who individuals from the American mid-west can trace their ancestry.

hi there I can give you an ancestor to test for DNA if this will help
his name is Niall of the nine hostages his DNA is on records he had a son
which wed into the royal family thousands of years ago his YDNA follow the royal line if you have 10 matching markers you can say you are related

Y DNA you will need a male to be tested for YDNA and mtDNA
you will have the mtDNA and the male both the YDNA and mtDNA
your connection will be the mtDNA to the Male and his to the Royal line

2% of Niall YDNA is in new Yorkers
its believed to be from immigration but my research suggests its from ship hopping from when the slave trade was running

all the best

sorry you need to be born in England and live there for any claim if all can be proven

Not true.

As recently as last August a baby was born in the USA who is in the line of succession - Miss Maude Windsor, daughter of Lord Frederick Windsor and granddaughter or Prince Michael of Kent. She is currently 43rd in the line of succession (having dropped from 42nd when she was born due to the birth of Zara Philip's daughter).

The next overseas born people in the line of succession are the Norwegian royal family. The Danish and Swedish royal family are also in the line as are many Germans such as Prince Ernst of Hanover's daughter (he will return to the line when the 2013 Succession to the Crown Act takes effect - which won't happen until the remaining 12 realms have past that act as he was removed due to marrying a Roman Catholic).

Prince Philip is in the line in his own right and he was born in Greece.

There's also the whole fact that you have to be descended from Sophia of Hanover (who herself wasn't born in England) in order to have any real claim.

Plus the whole "England no longer exists as an autonomous state" argument. It would be pretty ridiculous if you had to be born specifically in England when the throne covers Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland (not to mention the other Realms) as well.

mr

That's what I was thinking you meant. I just had a moment of "wait, are there a lot of modern monarchies descended from the Tudor-Stuarts but not the Hanovers?"

the hanovers are considered cousins because Elizabeth Stuart and Sophia Hanover two female none Queens . the trouble started at Mary Stuart having being queen in place of her older brother James Stewart the right full heir.

there is a missing king from the Campbell and Beaumont family tree
with more connection than Elizabeth the present monarch . with direct connections to James Stewart.

all the best on your research

I might be wrong but I don't believe that William II was ever married and never had any legitimate issue,he died childless.

You're completely right. William II had no known children and died unmarried. He's one of the English monarchs who is frequently thought to have been gay.

Mr

Not true.

As recently as last August a baby was born in the USA who is in the line of succession - Miss Maude Windsor, daughter of Lord Frederick Windsor and granddaughter or Prince Michael of Kent. She is currently 43rd in the line of succession (having dropped from 42nd when she was born due to the birth of Zara Philip's daughter).

The next overseas born people in the line of succession are the Norwegian royal family. The Danish and Swedish royal family are also in the line as are many Germans such as Prince Ernst of Hanover's daughter (he will return to the line when the 2013 Succession to the Crown Act takes effect - which won't happen until the remaining 12 realms have past that act as he was removed due to marrying a Roman Catholic).

Prince Philip is in the line in his own right and he was born in Greece.

ok how to tell a long story short right the Queen is a descendent from the Hanover family tree from two females Elizabeth Stuart and Sophia Hanover none of then were Queens so the connection to the royal line is weak. if another king is found any rules will be ruled out as he will have the rights of his grandfathers. which stated you need to be born in England to have a claim and yes there is Scottish king found with the Campbell connection there is another missing king which has the rightful claim than the Scottish king found and is English and Scottish.

prince Philip gave up his rights when he wed Elizabeth the present Queen .
she made him a prince he did not have the right other wise.

so the Hanover family are just cousins of the missing King.
and have no rights if he is found or the claim is made by the Scottish found king.

those from other country's become consorts and are wed into the royals they them self don't become Kings and queens with out war.

hope this is ok for you
a baby being born in todays time in another country may be over look .
with the Hanover now Windsor in power at the moment.

all the best

Im a descenant of every royal blood line of then and now..do to my cheever and powell blood line. You are welcome to my family tree on ancestry.com I'm cwalker8179 on there. . Any questions email me..enjoy!
Hi there could you send your family tree with all the connection so I can take a look I also have YDNA profiles of the main royal line not the hanovers as they are descendants via two females Elizabeth Stuart and Sophia Hanover.

I'm afraid not only most of the world would have to die first, but the law should be changed as well. ;)
As it is, only legitimate protestant descendants of Sophie, Electress of Hanover can ascend to the British Throne.
hi there would you shed some light on your tree as need the nearest king you are connected to please .also the hanover line now Windsor is not good to be connected to as the two female connection back in the time when they were not queens so if you have a Campbell connection I will be impressed as Archibald Campbell and there is lots of them have the royal connections.

hope to hear from you

:previous: Same here, leidi ;)
seams you like my cousin she was more royal than the royal family today as she had real connections and the queen is connected from a weak one the hanovers now Windsor through Elizabeth Stuart and Sophia hanover
she was the real princess

ok how to tell a long story short...
This is wrong.

There is a long standing tradition in the British monarchal system that the monarch reigns by the grace of parliament. This became especially clear with the results of the English Civil War, the execution of Charles I, and the eventual restoration of the monarchy under Charles II. Parliament gets a say in who the monarch is, and if the monarch isn't doing the job right they'll find a way to get rid of him or her.

That's what happened with James II. He wasn't doing the job right (in accordance to what was deemed "right" at the time) and parliament was certain that if and when his son ruled then that James wouldn't do it right either. So they got rid of the pair of them and instead put James' daughter and her husband on the throne. Later when both of James' daughters had ruled and neither had surviving children Parliament once again got to pick who the monarch was going to be.

They picked Sophia of Hanover because while she wasn't the closest relative she was a descendant of James I and she was deemed to be the first acceptable possible heir. Her claim to the throne was no more distant than James I, Henry VII, or Edward IV's claim to the English throne or John Balliol or Robert I's claim to the Scottish throne.

The Hanovers and Windsors descend from Sophie (as do many reigning monarchs today). During her son's reign (as Sophie died before she could become Queen) Parliament went ahead and passed legislature regarding the succession saying that you had to be descended from Sophie in order to be in the line of succession to the British throne. This means that according to the British government all those Stuart claimaints have no actual claim. They did not put any restriction on where a monarch had to be born, and why should they? A number of the Hanovers were not born in Britain, but then a number of their predecessors weren't either.

By the way, the current Jacobite Claimant is Franz of Bavaria who wasn't born in Britain, but is the senior most descendant of the Stuarts.

Mark, can you please explain how the female line through Sophia of Hanover is not good because they were not Queens?

mr

This is wrong...
ok as for parliament right first you will need to remember female found a round 12 years ago she was the sister of the missing king Beaumont and Campbell connection so he is real she was in the papers and there was a thing on tv about claimants to the thrown a cousin was found so he is still out there.

right parliament will not have a say as the connections go right back if the parliament where aware of the missing king they will have to have listened to him.

and he would be in power today his connection are with more than just one king before parliament took control of who is king and who is not.
so if you have the paper of when this came out which has been covered up you will remember the title the
( the Boss is back )

and today there seams to be a need for some one to fight for the people and stop the government doing some of the things they do

grand father rights if you like of a real King, weather parliament decided Hanover as rightful or not and he also had family members in parliament

Are you a Descendant of English/British Royals?

What missing king are you talking about here?

To the best of my knowledge, the English have never lost a king. Overthrown and usurped some, and executed one, but none have been lost.

Given as you're using Scottish surnames, I would guess that this missing king might be a Scottish one, but even then... The one period of time that I know of where there was some debate as to who was the king (owing to having to go back a fair bit in the genealogical records), the guy who ended up with the throne essentially did so by conquest, invalidating any other claims. If there was another claimant they might want to give up at this point as that was some 800 years ago. And they wouldn't be entitled to the English throne at all - both because Parliament has dictated that succession, and because the Stuart claim to the throne (and subsequently the Hanover and Windsor) comes from the marriage of the Scottish King to the English king's daughter.

So, once again, just who is this missing king that you think is entitled to the throne? Also, you still haven't explained why Sophie of Hanover's line was weak.

mr

ok as for parliament right first you will need to remember female found a round 12 years ago she was the sister of the missing king Beaumont and Campbell connection so he is real she was in the papers and there was a thing on tv about claimants to the thrown a cousin was found so he is still out there.

right parliament will not have a say as the connections go right back if the parliament where aware of the missing king they will have to have listened to him.

and he would be in power today his connection are with more than just one king before parliament took control of who is king and who is not.
so if you have the paper of when this came out which has been covered up you will remember the title the
( the Boss is back )

also the missing king will be a the best of the best
and a lot tougher than they think.

having skills which they will not realize.
already be heard of but not known by name.
his family would have protected him for generation at a time.
so sorry Hanover does not matter in this case.

you can also find that parliament was made to rule for the kings and took power from them so he will not be happy about that bit.

its a bit like the council a bit to much more than they should have
he is likely to govern them from doing silly things again and again
and is likely to bring back into power other than they are at the moment the house of lords

mr

What missing king are you talking about here?...
ok you need to do your own investigations hear Archibald campbells now there are more than one Archibald Campbell including Archibald Douglas how wed Margret Tudor daughter of king Henry VII this is just one small connection the family tree is vast with lots of kings including James I has three connections there including his son, king James II ,then also not in order Robert I , David I , to Alfred the Great and Niall of the Nine Hostages his son wed into the royals also King Robert II, king Robert III ,king James V, king James IV ,James Stuart I Earl of Moray , Malcom III canmore,and Malcom II

ok for the weak connection you need to go back in time and look at the connection Emma of Normandy and Matilda Norman Family tree
you will also need to look at Youtube AND PUT IN (the real royal family)
you will need to see Toni Robinson of time team
then there is another break of the male line at Mary Stuart her brother should have been King Mary Abdicated at Loch Leven Castle 1567 you can make your own mind up from there

I don't think he will come forward with out security first.??
He is English and Scottish
his earliest connection to royalty in England is before 1093 Malcom II and even before that with
Conall Gulban,king Naill of the Nine Hostages son

Mr

The only thing I know of my family is that we were in the court of Charlemagne, not sure anything besides that though. I have heard a bit that I might be related to Diana though who descends from Margaret Tudor and the Scottish Royal Family

would that be the Campbell if so we could be cousins

then there is another break of the male line at Mary Stuart her brother should have been King Mary Abdicated at Loch Leven Castle 1567 you can make your own mind up from there

A few points on this one:

Mary Queen of Scots inherited the throne from her father because she was his only legitimate child - legitimacy being essential to be recognised as a monarch at that time. Her father's illegitimate sons had no claim for the simple reason that there were illegitimate. Her other half-brothers had no claim because they weren't her father's sons but her mother's.

She was succeeded by her only son - James I and VI who joined the two thrones together when he succeeded his cousin Elizabeth in 1603.

The present BRF claims direct descent from James I and VI and thus from Mary, Queen of Scots.

James - Elizabeth - Sophie - George I - George II - George III - George IV - William IV - Victoria - Edward VII - George V - Edward VIII - George VI - Elizabeth II - Charles - William - George

The Tony Robinson story is a nice story but based on not much - the date of a birth and counting back nine months and the fact that the child was quickly baptised - which probably means the child was in fact premature and thus baptised quickly. However the child survived, became King and ... then had his brother defeated in battle. It totally ignores the fact that Henry VII won the throne through right of conquest and not right of blood in the first place.

I don't know who this 'lost king' is supposed to be as I have no knowledge of Scottish kings but there is no 'lost king' in England as all can clearly be identified to their predecessor back to around the 800s.

Another point you seem to be struggling with is the consequence of the English Civil War - parliament won and so parliament won the right to decide who would be the monarch and they decided in 1660 to restore Charles II, they decided in 1689 to remove James II and his son and replace James II with the elder of his two daughters, Mary and her husband, William with the younger of James II's daughters as their successor and so we get Queen Anne.

When it was clear that none of these three were going to provide a legitimate heir (William was third in line in his own right when he and Mary became the King and Queen) they introduced the Act of Settlement - to bar Roman Catholics from the throne (still stands today) and also to bar those married to Roman Catholics from the throne (again still stands but in the process of being removed). This is specified in the Act with the use of the words Popish and Rome. As a result Sophie was the first eligible person in the line of succession and so she became the heiress presumptive. When she died, shortly before Anne the claim passed to her son George who became George I and his line still sits on the throne today.

Elizabeth can count amongst her ancestors - Stuarts/Stewarts, Tudors, Plantagenets, Normans, and Anglo-Saxon monarchs.

Women have been able to claim the English throne since 1553 when Mary Tudor became Queen and descent through female lines has produced Kings as far back as Stephen (female line grandson of William the Conqueror) and Matilda - daughter of Henry I but whose son inherited as Henry II.

Mr

I am not in line fore the British Throne hahaha

Nova Scotia is connected to the Campbell's they are connected to the royals via the Scottish King that was found and more so by the missing king if he is found

mr

A few points on this one:...
the missing king you would not hear of until a latter date .
as for parliament as said before Grand father rights :flowers:
and these are not his only connects I did post most of them.
if you miss out sorry not doing all that again he also has family that
seat in Brussels . now the most kings and male lines wins . so Hanover will become cousins only . his claim beats James I and IV. easily
you will find all your answers from Archibald 9th Campbell and the rest of the Campbell family to and from Archibald which is vast near all wed into the royal family from times passed coming to the present family the Beaumont's

it is like it was constructed that way should the known kings at the time die
out from years of research done now its not going to be given out just like that.

you should hopefully hear from the papers when his claim is made

I suppose Queen Elizabeth and I are cousins--maybe 23rd cousins? We descend on the Scottish line from Echyna de Molle, who married Sir Robert Croce of Renfrewshire in the 12th century, and after his death Eschyna de Molle married Walter Fitzallen, and six generations later a descendant of Eschyna and Walter became King of Scotland. I am descended from Eschyna de Molle by her first husband Sir Robert Croce. Their daughter Isabel married Robert Pollock, my distant great grandfather. I just found this out this summer, through a hint from a book "Normans in Scotland".

Of course this happened before the Electress of Hanover lived, so has no weight in the line of succession. It's just fun to know about.

Eschyna de Molle often used her maiden name because she was a considerable heiress from Roxburgshire. Her daughter (my ancestor) sometimes is referred to as Isabel de Molle, probably for a similar reason, although her father was Sir Robert Croce. Eschyna is recorded as marrying a third husband, who may have taken her name, as she continued to be known as Eschyna de Molle. Her brother became known as the Durward, the hereditary "door keeper" to the King of Scotland.

I hope this isn't too far off the subject of the thread.

the missing king you would not hear of until a latter date .

Please provide links to this supposed 'missing king' - like a name?

as for parliament as said before Grand father rights :flowers:
Parliament makes the laws and their laws say 'descendants of Electress Sophia - grandfather rights don't replace the law of the land

Definition of 'grandfather rights'
Grandfather Rights
Grandfather rights is a popular term for any right, privilege or condition that was historically available to members or employees of an organisation, or to the public under law, but which is no longer extended to new members or employees or the public due to a change in the conditions of membership...

The parliamentary legislation of 1701 changed the conditions of membership to the line of succession to the British/English/Scottish thrones and so grandfather rights don't apply - if they ever did.

and these are not his only connects I did post most of them.
I haven't found any links - just a lot of hard to comprehend mumbo jumble about missing kings and that Sophia didn't have the primary rights given her by the parliament.

if you miss out sorry not doing all that again he also has family that
seat in Brussels . now the most kings and male lines wins . so Hanover will become cousins only . his claim beats James I and IV. easily
Doesn't matter - the law of the land trumps any supposed earlier claim as does right of conquest and Henry VII won the throne by right of conquest and then parliament legislated.

Now you are introducing Brussels but still no evidence - just a lot of garbled nonsense.

you will find all your answers from Archibald 9th Campbell and the rest of the Campbell family to and from Archibald which is vast near all wed into the royal family from times passed coming to the present family the Beaumont's
When were the Campbell's the royal house of Scotland let alone England? Dates and evidence please.

it is like it was constructed that way should the known kings at the time die
out from years of research done now its not going to be given out just like that.
Known kings die and they have known successors or civil war resulted with an acknowledge king by right of conquest - last happened in England in 1485 and since then the throne has passed from father to son/daughter/grandson/brother or cousin even when Parliament intervened to remove eligible people who were Roman Catholic and that is the only reason they were removed - either RC themselves or married to an RC.

you should hopefully hear from the papers when his claim is made
Can claim all he likes but unless he is a descendant of the Electress Sophia and more senior to Elizabeth (which he won't be) no claim of his will succeed to allow him to supersede her claim because hers is based on the law of the land - and later legislation replaces earlier legislation - makes Elizabeth the most senior descendant of Sophia and thus the rightful Queen.

Last edited:
What missing king are you talking about here?...
you would have to have been in England to be aware you should how ever be aware that Scotland is trying to separate this is partly due to a Scottish king being found He is form the Campbell line he was discovered by who do you think you are program some time back he is the cousin of the missing King and a branch that was believe extinct so the Scotish king found is only a cousin and not aware of the missing king

you will not find the missing king name address or what ever does not wish to advertise to people that would kill him thanks. terrorist and nut jobs
so please don ask.

now if who do you think they are would state that the missing kings cousin is a king then it is right to assume there experts looked into it .
so he has a claim but not as great as the missing kings.

as for hanover he has better connections than that is required for a claim.
will it be shown all of them are you kidding ?

does not wish the parliament changing the rules again to keep there figer head Elizabeth

does he own the treasury yes its his descendants that made it .
I sure parliament will except him.

he is doing this on only one side of the family the other is tested for DNA and is positive comparison with royal DNA

so is he got it umm yes you need 10 marker match with ancient DNA to prove you are related he has a lot more and yep you guest it only missing 4 and that due to hundreds of years so is that the DOGS nuts you bet.

all the best

And here we go again....

A cousin of mine has recently gone through our family tree and found all the paperwork as proof of marriages and births. The line goes back all the way to King Edward the 3rd, going through everything it shows through all the births im the 21st Generation and the 21st granddaughter to him. Following all the lines it makes me a cousin to Elizabeth the first.

I am queen Elizabeth 2nds 8th cousin and a direct descendant of King John who is my grandfather. Do I have anything to claim?

I am queen Elizabeth 2nds 8th cousin and a direct descendant of King John who is my grandfather. Do I have anything to claim?

In order to have a claim you have to be descended from Sophia of Hanover. Even then, the claim that you would have would be to a place in the line of succession, nothing more.

Also Eleanor if aquitane is my grandmother. L
Thank you so much! I appreciate it.
Also does anyone know any history of the Estepp family?

Back
Top Bottom