Royal Wedding Cakes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favorites are Norwegian Princess Martha Louise's and Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor's. Elegant but not over done! For my own wedding cake I originally wanted a design like Princess Martha's with the individual cakes. It ended up with four individual ones with real flowers on top, but not in the same arrangement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my god, this thread is making me hungry. I would like to try a piece of cake of each wedding cake.

McVities have made a "wedding cake" for HM's diamond wedding anniversary and it was eated yesterday after the service when a private Luncehon was held.

I noticed many of the cakes have bride and groom toppers, and some are really well done. The dancing couple and the couple sitting on the side of the cake were unique. Not so many couples choose to put the couples on top of their cakes any more.

Thank you very much for the beautiful pic, cute_girl.

Martha Louise and Ari Behn's cake was indeed very beautiful. I especially like the bows on the cake. I see that the cake was four-tiered but not attached...
IMO, their cake is the best looking that I've seen.

Here is a better picture of Crown Prince Haakon and Mette-Marits Wedding cake
The dragons on the side was made of white chocolate were inspired by one of the Viking ships that is in a museum in Oslo. The cake was a gift from Norwegian cake makers (konditorier) Its a traditional english wedding cacke with spiced bottom filled with rasins, fruits and berries

It was a beautiful cake. And it also made me think of the ornamentation on some of the old stave churches.

http://www.noorsonline.nl/Fantoft stavkirke.jpg

You're right about the stave churches, Valhalla.

I wonder if I EVER get married, if I could find a cake maker to make me a similar (but smaller cake) with dragons. (I'd have to work a Norwegian theme in somehow!)

I've never really seen a close up shot of Charles and Diana's cake but I was wondering is this description of the cake accurate? I found it online. The ornamental "c" and "d" is what I can't see in the pictures but I'm thinking it's cause all the pics of the cake I've seen aren't close up shots.

five-tiered wedding cake adorned with emblems from his Naval days, sugar doves, and topped with a garden of confectionary roses, lilies of the valley, fuchsias and orchids accenting an ornamental "C" and "D."

i read somewhere that a rather funny thing happened to them while cutting the cake. They had trouble cutting through it because as it turns out, the bottom layer was just cardboard and nobody had told them. :D :flowers:

I always liked her. I have read her autobiography, which was very interesting! She wrote in the book, regarding her wedding, that King Hussein actually wanted a much fancier wedding, whereas she wanted a much more simplistic day. Thanks for the photo of the wedding cake!:flowers:

There are a few Royal wedding cakes in the thread that no longer work. Can someone post replacement photos? In particular for Princess Martha Louise?

Also, The "cake" scandal :lol: from Jordan is mentioned in Queen Noor's book. She said that she and the King were astonished to discover that the whole cake wasn't real when they cut into it!

Last edited by a moderator:
very hungry

looking at all the pictures, i really felt hungry. anywayz, i like the wedding cake of martha louise and ari behn...so elegant and nice. I saw in an episode of Oprah that CP Pavlos and Marie Chantal's cake is adorned with real gold! Imagine for a wedding cake.

Martha Louise's cake was gorgeous. I love the color of the bows on the side. Very pretty.

Haha! What's W-A doing? Murdering the cake?
And Máxima? Trying to stop him? :p
Great picture!
i love the picture, i see their initials on the cake, the ribbons, argentinean tradtion but what was on top of the cake?

i love the picture, i see their initials on the cake, the ribbons, argentinean tradtion but what was on top of the cake?

It looks to me like a hat or simply a base for the ribbons. What is the Argentinean tradition with the ribbons? This is the first time that I have seen this. It looks really pretty, but does it symbolize something?

Gorgeous cakes and now I am truly hungry. Didn´t like the one of Felipe and Leticia, though.

The wedding cake of the Duke of Anjou and the Duchess of Cadaval:

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/5126/scan0007uk8us8.jpg
http://www.ducdanjou.com/CC_scripts...mages/watermark.png&gauche=milieu&haut=milieu

It was made by the chef of the Hotel Palácio Estoril and its marsipan glace reproduced the coat of arms of both families: Orléans and Cadaval.

I wish that there had been some color - flowers or something - incorporated into the decoration of this cake -
It seems too stark and too white to me -

I think Martha Louise's is my absolute favourite

It looks to me like a hat or simply a base for the ribbons. What is the Argentinean tradition with the ribbons? This is the first time that I have seen this. It looks really pretty, but does it symbolize something?
normally the weddings cakes have ribbons and at the end of each ribbon is souvenirs, little ones, actually made in plastic but one has a wedding ring, made in plastic too , except you have too much money like maradona did and put a diamond ring! and all the girls in the wedding that are not married pull from the ring and the one who gets the rings it suppose to be the next one to married! just a nice tradition!!!! i got the ring many time but it took me time to get married!

normally the weddings cakes have ribbons and at the end of each ribbon is souvenirs, little ones, actually made in plastic but one has a wedding ring, made in plastic too , except you have too much money like maradona did and put a diamond ring! and all the girls in the wedding that are not married pull from the ring and the one who gets the rings it suppose to be the next one to married! just a nice tradition!!!! i got the ring many time but it took me time to get married!

Thank you, Ashelen! I like the sound of this tradition. It sounds very nice to me. It is similar to the bouquet tradition that we have in the US. The bride throws her bouquet to a crowd of unmarried women. Whomever catches the bouquet is supposed to be the next one to get married. I wonder if any royal brides have done this? Somehow, I doubt it. I really like the fact that Maxima incorporated the ribbon tradition into her cake. I wonder if the unmarried women attending her wedding pulled the ribbons?

Thank you, Ashelen! I like the sound of this tradition. It sounds very nice to me. It is similar to the bouquet tradition that we have in the US. The bride throws her bouquet to a crowd of unmarried women. Whomever catches the bouquet is supposed to be the next one to get married. I wonder if any royal brides have done this? Somehow, I doubt it. I really like the fact that Maxima incorporated the ribbon tradition into her cake. I wonder if the unmarried women attending her wedding pulled the ribbons?
I wonder the same, and i am not sure they did becasue she is cutting the cake and normaly you pull the ribbons before to cut the cake, still it does not make sense to me the flat top of the cake, i wonder if it was something there and tooke it out!? the tradtion with the bouquet is the sme in argentina too but now you normally have another bouquet for that, it normally gets a little bit destrys all the single girls trying to get it! it is nother tradition too , "the garter" and i wonder if she did it too! it is very funny! i wonder what tradition are in holland for weddings?

Ashelen, your point about the flat top of the cake makes sense. I wonder if there was a cake topper that was removed. It does look like a pedestal. Perhaps someone has another photo of the cake when it was first displayed?

Ashelen, your point about the flat top of the cake makes sense. I wonder if there was a cake topper that was removed. It does look like a pedestal. Perhaps someone has another photo of the cake when it was first displayed?
yes, i would like to see more photos of the cake, before the cutting of the cake in argentina and before to pull the ribbons normalyy the the groom parents and the brides parents have a photo together, so sad really her parens whee not at the wedding she does not have any photo with them!

Back
Top Bottom