Royal Wedding Bouquets

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok. we know something about meaning of the wedding bouquets of few ladies I mean Letizia, Mary or Margriet but what about the other ladies? I mean does the flowers on their wed bouquets mean something f.ex. country?

Pss Marie and Dss Diana had small bouquets so does that mean the new fashion on royal wedding bouquest or are they only exceptions?

All theese bouquet are very elegant and beautifull but I absolutely prefer :

Crown Princess of Denmark

Clothilde

Claire

Anita

I prefer the next bouquet's:
-Lady Sarah Chatto, it really suited the dress and I do like romantic flowers (although i usually like colored bouquets more than all white ones. I also liked the bouquets of the bridemaids (has anyone got pictures of those).
-Marilene. I was a bigger bouquet and it suited her. She is tall and it has some colour in it.
-I also like Mette-Marits bouquet, I like the colours and it suited the dress.

I did not like Mary bouquet it looked like a colliflower (is that how you call a bloemkool in English?)
I like bigger bouquets but I thought that princess Annette made a mistake (or did her husband, as in Holland the groom decides on the bouquet) It was to big for her She was out of balance.

I myself had peonies in my bouquet I just love those flowers
Was there a royal person who had a bouquet of only peonies, I thought i had read that but I can't remember where.

:heartflower:I think flowers are one of the main items that make a wedding so special. Brides shouldn't always feel compelled to have white or cream roses/lilies they should choose their favourite flowers and and colours and try and have seasonal flowers. Abit of Irish shamrock or heather or even myrtle in a bouquet will give you luck! Or just go into the garden on your special day and pick a nice bunch of your own flowers and tie with a ribbon is a romantic and simple gesture. My favourite bouquets are (in no particular order): -

Princess Anne - second wedding - just a simple posy of heather was perfect for a Scottish wedding

Princess Clothilde - a really lovely simple bouquet which would have been perfect for a country wedding

CP Mette Marit - just such an unusual design - very innovative and Norwegian

CP Mary - although the middle did look rather like a colliflower (roses bunched up so tight are too designer and could bruise) the use of eucalyptus was a wonderful idea and the sent would have been amazing.

i love Princess Claire's bouquet. can anybody tell me what flowers are those? i like the cascading part, not modern but i think its very pretty and feminine.

I really like Clothilde's bouquet. Its a beautiful color.
I'm also a big big big fan of Lady Davina Windsor's bouquet. I don't know why I am but its so pretty & such a vibrant color.

I love when brides carry colorful flowers versus having an all white bouquet. All white seems to blend too much into the bridal dress & seems to get lost.

I agree- While I do not like dramatic colour (no red roses please!), I love these bouquets. The colours are fresh and romantic and these bouquets really suit the style of these brides. Davina Windsor's gown and wedding was quite informal and the flowers fit this really well. Likewise- Clothilde's wedding was more romantic and her flowers also fit really well.

I prefer the bouquets (Princess Anita, Princess Mette-Marit, Lady Sarah Chatto, Princess Alexandra of Denmark, Princess Laurentien) that have some colour and contrast and do not simply blend in with the wedding gown. I think the best bouquets are ones that are in scale with the height of the bride, do not compete with the detail on the gown and somehow, are personally meaningful for the bride (and contain her favourite flower or favourite colour).

Victoria's bouquet was gorgeous. It was the right size without being overpowering. The flowers in it were the perfect size and combination. Definately one of my favorites!

My favorite: Anne-Marie of Denmark, Queen of Greece. So simple and natural. Love all lily-of-the-valley and love single-flower bouquets.

I love Diana's bouquet. Sarah, Duchess of York's S-shaped bouquet was a lovely idea too.

Marie Chantal of Greece

(I thought this bouquet was a little small and un-interesting, compared to the rest of this splashy wedding)

Eliza

The reason for the small bouquet could be that Marie-Chantal is of small stature and if her bouquet was any bigger, she might have tipped over..just kidding!:ROFLMAO: Seriously, a larger bouquet would have been overpowering because she is so tiny. Maybe she should have had a cascade rather than a bouquet. :)

The reason for the small bouquet could be that Marie-Chantal is of small stature and if her bouquet was any bigger, she might have tipped over..just kidding!:ROFLMAO: Seriously, a larger bouquet would have been overpowering because she is so tiny. Maybe she should have had a cascade rather than a bouquet. :)
Very true, but she should have also thought of that when it came to the dress and veil :flowers:

I was surprised how small her bouquet was. It's very simple...almost too simple. I would've loved to see a little more effort put into it.

It looked like she found it at a grave site. Sorry. It wasn't a bouquet.

I liked Catherine's bouquet. But then I am not a fan of huge bouquets with all kinds of stuff trailing from it. Plus I loved all the meaning that went into the flower choice, clearly she put a lot of thought into her flower choicde. To me this bouquet looked Victorian (does this qualify as a tussy-mussy?) in it's compactness and no doubt it didn't weigh a ton like so many other wedding bouquets in this list must have. And for that reason at least I say good job to the newest Duchess.

I loved Victorias and Marys.I hated Mette Marit and Kates.I thought Kates was too small.

I loved Victoria's. Kate's was lovely but too small for me. I wish it was at least a third larger (twice as large would be even better!).

I love the symbolism most royal brides incorporate into their bouquets. From my experience not a lot of regular brides use that much symbolism in their flowers. It seems like royal brides use it to express themselves- for Mary, the eucalyptus for her Aussie roots; for Kate it was Sweet William to express her love for her groom, for Märtha Louise, it was the Martha lily.

Being sentimentally symbolic myself, I too love how many royal brides make an effort to incorporate this into their bouquets. Then again, I'm a flower-lover as well, so that probably adds to my interest.:flowers:

Meanwhile I absolutely loved the (IMO perfection) of CP Letizia & CP Mary's bouquets for the symbolism AND how well they went with the gowns.

I really like Mette-Marit's bouquet & dress as well. Not saying that it was for "me" per se, but it worked magically for her and again, loving flowers the way I do, I think I "understood" what she was trying to do.

I also agree that while exquisite & lovely, Kate's bouquet could have been bigger, it kind of made me think maybe she had "left" some back in the car or some pieces had fallen off, and that Marie-Chantal's bouquet, while lovely seemed out of place a bit with the heavy dress & veil.

I also though Martha Louise's bouquet was spot on with her wedding ensemble because the flowers were pretty & complimented the style, although I would have had it just a tad bit longer or bigger to emphasize the lovely heart-shape even more.

CP Mathilde had a nice full bouquet, but....idk
CP Maxima looked so regal, but to me the bouquet had a little too much green
Although I wouldn't carry it myself, Princess Marilene had a nice "country feel" bouquet

Mathilde's looked like she was carrying a mini christmas tree.

No order
Diana
Letizia
*Victoria*
Diana de Cadaval
Claire

Last edited:
I just saw a good pic of Zara's boquet and I have to say it looked very nice and beautiful while at the same time unique. Have to find out what kind of flowers she used.

Love Victoria's and Letzia's the most.The others look the same or are very boring.I also thought Diana's was too much like her dress!

I just saw a good pic of Zara's boquet and I have to say it looked very nice and beautiful while at the same time unique. Have to find out what kind of flowers she used.

The bouquet was white calla lilies, sea holly also known as alpine thistles and dusty millar foliage.

It was a very pretty bouquet but I found it to be too large, almost cumbersome. A smaller, "daintier" bouquet would have been much better.

Back
Top Bottom