Hairstyles of Royal Brides

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This would have been a nice clean look, but it might be too fierce for what she was wanting. There is a way to have loose strands in your hair without it looking like you just got done jogging. You need to have enough stands down that its obvious it was a choice. Her hair if the official picture was better

Easier to achieve in a studio without the wind blowing.

If Meghan had worn her hair down, would people have said that she copied Catherine because Catherine had worn her hair down on her wedding day?

I thought cp Mary hair wasn’t good, the severe center part wasn’t pretty and the tremendous amount of hair behind the tiara looked weird. The bodice of her dress was just like Megan’s, btw.
Madeleine of Sweden’s was perfect as well as the positioning of the tiara. The Swedes do great tiara hair as we know

I thought cp Mary hair wasn’t good, the severe center part wasn’t pretty and the tremendous amount of hair behind the tiara looked weird. The bodice of her dress was just like Megan’s, btw.
Madeleine of Sweden’s was perfect as well as the positioning of the tiara. The Swedes do great tiara hair as we know

The bodices are similar but Mary's was lower, more rounded--Mrghan's was more of a boatneck. The tops of Mary's sleeves were not as fitted to her shoulders as Meghan's.

https://www.vogue.com.au/fashion/ne...s/news-story/102bab6b0d24bc13a36744aee1662405

Eugenie's hairstyle:

royal sass

I absolutely love her hairstyle. It's very elegant and beautiful.

Oh look at the details of her chignon....absolute perfection!:flowers:

I disliked Lady Gabriella’s wedding hairstyle:

1 2

I wasnt very keen on Camille Current hair when she married Louis Ducuet the other day ....looked flat and lanky ......which is a shame because she is a lovely looking lady

I wasnt very keen on Camille Current hair when she married Louis Ducuet the other day ....looked flat and lanky ......which is a shame because she is a lovely looking lady

Camille is one of Louis’s sisters.
Marie is Louis’s wife:flowers:

Poor Marie's Church ceremony hair was the worst I've seen, an utter disaster.:sad:

Poor Marie's Church ceremony hair was the worst I've seen, an utter disaster.:sad:

Its a shame her hair did not turn out well. Such a pretty girl.

I totally agree with you both. In fact, her church ceremony hair was such a disastrous mess that I don't even want to place it under the "Bridal Hair" umbrella. I almost would like to say to her: "how dare you appear at your own wedding with your hair looking like you just woke up."
And that is what I would want to say to any girl/woman whose hair is questionable at the least.

Indeed a pretty girl, such a waste.

Yeah, they could do her a hairstyle much better than that.

Really with her very short hair style there was little else you could do. An updo with such a hair cut would require a great deal of pinning and hair spray.

And from what her hair stylist said, they couldn't put any hair product near the tiara in her hair because of the old stones.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...s-diana-hairdresser-richard-dalton-interview/

It's no more casual then Kate's. At least with long hair Kate had options, she simply didn't take any. Having short hair limits your choices.

Hair up is my preferred wedding 'do. But to each her own. So many brides employ hairstyles that are currently fashionable for the time.

Diana and Sarah for instance.

The former Mary Donaldson opted for a very traditional arrangement and looked so regal and spectacular. She used her entire wedding ensemble, head to toe, to signal that she was now regal. I think it eased her transition. It was a perfect visual signal that she mas moving on to another life.

Catherine had the worse wedding hair of all. It just flopped by the time she left the Abbey. I have a feeling that she now knows this as she always wears her hair "up and back" when wearing a tiara.

The second worse was Beatrice.

I know that I'm in the minority -- but, I actually liked Mary's wedding hairdo.

I was not a fan of Sarah Ferguson's hair on her wedding day ,I never minded Lady Diana's hairstyle.

IMO it isn't a wise decision to wear your hair down in your wedding if you have a long hair and are going to wear a veil. It looks messy.

My biggest problem about Mary's is that massive bun, and even worse, it's covered with veil, like she put a pillow at the back of her head.

Mary and kate have the two worst bridal hairstyles (from recent generation) IMO, one is overdone and one is underdone.

Sarah had one of the most beautiful and successful Royal bridal gowns of the 1980's but I didn't like her hair at all. She looked like a milkmaid imo.

I didn't like Kate or Meghan's hair either.

Mary of Denmark's bridal hair with the severe center part and oversized sci-fi hairpiece looked silly AND uncomfortable.

Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Charlene of Monaco had the most perfect Royal bridal hair in recent memory imo...simply gorgeous!

Last edited:
Do you believe that Catherine wore her hair down because that is how she usually wore it during the years she dated Prince William of Wales?

:previous: If that is true she should have worn it down the way it was styled the day their engagement was announced. Kate's hair has rarely looked more gloriously beautiful than that day.

I understand what she was going for on her wedding day with the half up/down style but it was a flop. Literally and figuratively.:sad:

Who styled Catherine's hair for the engagement photograph?

My Favs
Princess Madeleine of Sweden
Queen Maxima
Princess Charlene
CP Victoria of Sweden

Not my favs
Meghan Markle (all those loose strands flying everywhere)
CP Mary of Denmark (way to severe for my tastes)

Back
Top Bottom