The King Rama X and Family General News

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Her family meddled with the palace when she was a consort and asserted influences in many ways. However, that doesn't justify her to be left in that kind of state to be honest.

Son of the King from second marriage?

6 August
Queen Sirikit, The Queen Mother has been discharged from Chulangkorn Hospital after being admitted on 21 July due to a respiratory infection.

Tomorrow 12 August is the Queen Mother's 87th birthday.

**https://prachatai.com/english/node/8169

This evening, @ThaiRoyalFamily on Twitter tweeted a photo of Princess Bajrakitiyabha and Colonel Parithat Bunnag having an audience with the King at Amphorn Sathan Residential Hall.

Interestingly, the tweet described the gentleman as the princess's 'fiancée' which sparked speculations online for the other 'big news' awaits to be announced as follows:
  1. Royal wedding between Princess Bajrakitiyabha and Colonel Parithat Bunnag
  2. Designation of Princess Bajrakitiyabha as heiress apparent with the title 'Crown Princess of Thailand' (first to hold such title in the history)

Last edited:
This evening, @ThaiRoyalFamily on Twitter tweeted a photo of Princess Bajrakitiyabha and Colonel Parithat Bunnag having an audience with the King at Amphorn Sathan Residential Hall.

Interestingly, the tweet described the gentleman as the princess's 'fiancée' which sparked speculations online for the other 'big news' awaits to be announced as follows:
  2. Designation of Princess Bajrakitiyabha as heiress apparent with the title 'Crown Princess of Thailand' (first to hold such title in the history)

Apparently, the tweet has been taking down. Is there any update to this? The Bunnag family is an illustrious family. This is a good match.:flowers:

But supposedly the princess has denied being engaged, so either it's not official yet or a marriage has been "suggested" and she's unhappy with that.

I suppose the speculation could all be correct, they want to announce an engagement to a man from a "good" family at the same time as making her Crown Princess because she would be the first.

Apparently, the tweet has been taking down. Is there any update to this? The Bunnag family is an illustrious family. This is a good match.:flowers:

Let's see how this develops. Maybe something big is being arranged for the right moment or maybe it's just a rumour after all.

But supposedly the princess has denied being engaged, so either it's not official yet or a marriage has been "suggested" and she's unhappy with that.

I suppose the speculation could all be correct, they want to announce an engagement to a man from a "good" family at the same time as making her Crown Princess because she would be the first.

I don't think it's an arranged relationship. Here in Thailand, we know the Princess has been dating this colonel for years but the royal household bureau always keeps this matter private. If you google his name (พลเอก ปริทัศน์ บุนนาค) and search for images, you'll find many pictures of him with the Princess that seems to be very close to each other. Maybe, she doesn't feel comfortable about making her relationship official just yet, shall see what happens next.

Let's see how this develops. Maybe something big is being arranged for the right moment or maybe it's just a rumour after all.

From the photos online, it seems to me that this is not a secret to their circle. He has a photo together with Princess Bajrakitiyabha and Princess Soamsawali.

How old is he anyway? Do you know more about him?:flowers:

Apart from the fact that he’s from one of Thailand’s oldest noble families, most of us knows nothing about him.

[*]Designation of Princess Bajrakitiyabha as heiress apparent with the title 'Crown Princess of Thailand' (first to hold such title in the history)
That's quite something. The king bypassing his only remaining son (who did not fall out of grace/leave) and instating his eldest daughter as his heir. So, should we conclude that he has decided that his youngest son is not capable/suitable of becoming king?

The King’s youngest son is technically of a lower rank than his older sister as her mother is royal by birth, whilst his mother was a commoner raised to royal status. Therefore, it could be said that she is more royal than the Prince and so more eligible to succeed if the King so decides.

Right, her mother, Princess Soamsawali was born royal (Kitiyakara Family, descendants of Prince of Chanthaburi) so that Princess Bajrakitiyabha's status is higher than that of Prince Dipangkorn Rasmijoti. This also confirmed soon after the coronation in May when the Princess received her 'Department' and styled as the Princess Rajasarinisiribajra, making her the highest-ranking heir among the King's children as of now.

But I believe the true reason might be the fact that the Prince is quite unwell (a mild level of autism as speculated), though this has never been officially confirmed by the press nor the palace. Let's wait and see if the rumour was true or not.

Last edited:
Right, her mother, Princess Soamsawali was born royal (Kitiyakara Family, descendants of Prince of Chanthaburi) so that Princess Bajrakitiyabha's status is higher than that of Prince Dipangkorn Rasmijoti. This also confirmed soon after the coronation in May when the Princess received her 'Department' and styled as the Princess Rajasarinisiribajra, making her the highest-ranking heir among the King's children.

But I believe the true reason might be the fact that the Prince is quite unwell (a mild level of autism as speculated) though this has never be officially confirmed by the press or the palace. Let's wait and see if the rumour was true or not.
I'd forgotten about Princess Patty being the highest ranked of the siblings because of her mother and how that might have implications for the succession. There have been whispers about the health of her brother for a long time and I've even read some that suggest that this was one of the main reasons for the downfall of his unfortunate mother. Going back to the Princess maybe her mother's position might prove to be what protects her in the long run in the same way that it has protected Princess Soamsawali herself. Even a man like King Rama needs an heir and given the stratified Thai social system his daughter is his only choice.

Last edited:
I've heard differently on Princess Srirasmi's fall from grace:
  1. When the back then Khun Surhida rose to the scene after she met and impressed the King on Thai Airways' chartity flight to Chiang Mai (she was the airline's hostess at the time being), Princess Srirasmi was very furious and hostile towards her since she couldn't accept her husband to have another consort other than her (which is against his nature considering the fact that she was also his mistress before hand). It got to the point that she took action on Khun Suthida (slapping) which brought an end to her royal court life.
  2. It is known to most palace officers that since Princess Srirasmi rose to the postion, her family gradually spreaded their wings inside the palace. Three of her brothers got positions and promoted the high ranks inside the military, her uncle also became a high-ranked police officer and her parents excercised their influence over the royal life. At the end, all was jailed due to numerous fraud, corruption and defamation allegations.
I agree that Princess Bha (Patty) is one of many reasons why Princess Soamsawali be able to secure her place in the royal family (other reasons are the facts that she is Queen Sirikit's niece and she never shows any resistences to the King when new consorts officially surface).

Last edited:
The King’s youngest son is technically of a lower rank than his older sister as her mother is royal by birth, whilst his mother was a commoner raised to royal status. Therefore, it could be said that she is more royal than the Prince and so more eligible to succeed if the King so decides.

Her mother Princess Soamsawali is a descendant of both the Prince of Chanthaburi from her father side and the Prince of Lopburi from her mother side, making her a descendant of Rama V. She also the niece of Queen Sirikit who is widely revered in Thailand.

Aside from the fact that Princess Bha is also a very hardworking royal amongst the King's children for years and shows passion in what she does.:flowers:

Last edited:
^^ Yep, absolutely. And also the fact that, by doing so, he is wasting billions of taxpayer's money instead of spending it on medical supplies or public health services.

Princess Maha Chackri should have inherited the throne.

King Rama X is not the right person for the role of king.

Apparently the hashtag "#whydoweneedaking?'was trending in Thailand on Sunday. People supposedly were upset that during the Corona pandemic the King is not in his country but in Germany.

https://www.nst.com.my/world/world/2020/03/577141/absent-king-riles-thais-covid-19-cases-surge

^^ Yep, absolutely. And also the fact that, by doing so, he is wasting billions of taxpayer's money instead of spending it on medical supplies or public health services.

I wonder how much of the growing criticism on social media, or the king's behavior itself, is visible to the average citizens of Thailand.

Isn't he in Germany most of the time? It's also where his son lives...

Which son? 15-year-old Prince Dipangkorn?

Is he attending boarding school in Germany?

Which son? 15-year-old Prince Dipangkorn?

Is he attending boarding school in Germany?

I don't think is a boarding school; I assume he lives at their German home. As crown prince the now king and his family lived in Munich and Dipangkorn attended school there.

I wonder how much of the growing criticism on social media, or the king's behavior itself, is visible to the average citizens of Thailand.

It has always been visible to average Thais since he was a crown prince from failed marriages to playboy lifestyle. That's why he has never been popular compared to his parents or younger sisters. But now he's king (an embodiment of the monarchy), dissatifactions and discontents are redirected from his personalities to the monarchy itself, especially among younger generations, something very unprecedented.

Criticisms of the monarchy on digital platform has been around for at least a decade but not as explicit, widespread or critical to this level under the current king. I documented most of the incidents during the past year in this thread if you interested:

Future and Popularity of the Thai Monarchy

Queen Suthida and Princess Bajrakitiyabha (appearently at the same age to one another) never hide their mutual love and companionship in public:

This is one of many factors contributed to Royal Noble Consort Sineenat's fall from grace.

Last edited:
"Photograph of King Vajiralongkorn disembarking from his special Thai Airways flight back to Zurich this morning. Once again he seems to be wearing quite unusual clothing."

"Webcam footage from Zurich Airport showing the arrival of King Vajiralongkorn and his entourage this morning. Queen Suthida and Prince Dipangkorn joined him in the same vehicle. Vajiralongkorn took off his jacket before getting into the vehicle, revealing a strange red crop top"

Last edited:
Its just been on BBC World News that students are protesting demanding change to the government and to the monarchy. Interesting given we never really hear about anti-monarchy protests given the strict laws against it.

Back
Top Bottom