The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Imperial Family of Japan > Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Mother-and-daughter outfits. Adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma93 View Post
New picture of Crown Prince's family to celebrated Princess Aiko's 7th birthday
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LITTLE PRINCESS AIKO
Japan's Royal Family - Yahoo! News Photos
http://www.hokkaido-np.co.jp/news/so...age/0380_1.jpg
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/photos/cult...0901002-p1.jpg
They seem so happy
Countdown to Princess Masako's birthday

Old 12-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree. Masako might still have a long way to go, but hopefully the fact that she's able to make some public appearances will quieten the critics a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiko View Post
I have heard of negative media coverage in Japan on CP Masako- what some people dont understand is, people who have mental disorder can come across "fine", around their friends and family..., but they find it difficult to cope when they are put under pressure or alot of stress. I had few patients who seemed absolutely, completely well when I saw them at hospital where I work (yeah I'm a nurse) when in fact they werent fine at all and they were on strong medication.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos from Aikos birthday
Daylife
Old 12-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the photos!
Crown Princely couple looks truly happy.It is a real pleasure to see an increase in Crown Princess Masako's public appearances as the latter might indicate a progress in treatment.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Photos from Aikos birthday
Daylife
Beautiful pics, LadyFinn!!
Thank you
Old 12-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pictures from Hello!
HELLO! Photo gallery Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!
Old 12-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma93 View Post
How very nice: in this film they show the reception for princess Elena (the horse show) at which Naruhito met Masako for the first time and fell in love with her. Of course, we do not get to see Masako, only Naruhito and Elena, but at the end we see pictures of the result of the meeting (years later): the marriage.

Maybe, mermaid, you are right by saying: "hopefully the fact that she's able to make some public appearances will quieten the critics a bit" and this is showing us that those criticizing Masako are losing power - you do not broadcast romantic pictures of a marriages origin if you are expecting a divorce to take place soon...
Old 12-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Commoner

I love her green suit she's wearing.....how elegant.

They do look so good together, dont they....I liked what Masako sama said once when asked by reporters if her and her husband ever argue. She said that their pet dogs "pick up the seed of our argument and eat it"= straight translation meaning they do argue sometimes but having dogs around them seem to help when they are feeling a bit tense!
Old 12-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
It remains to be seen whether the divorce rumours are true. It is quite possible that the IHA may surprise us.
What do you mean by that, Albina? Do you mean they could force them to divorce even if they do not want?

Well, maybe they could "technically" do so but if they did they could never be sure that the crown prince would not tell the whole world on his next press conference what they have done. And he is the future emperor, they could keep him from giving press conferences for a certain time but not for his whole life. Of course, it is something that you "dont do" in Japan to tell such a thing to the public as it would create a very big scandal indeed. But we all have seen already that fear of scandal does not necessarily silence the crown prince when driven to extremities. I think they could not risk that.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I am not saying that the IHA is sure to force the couple to divorce. However, the IHA is capable of ruining this marriage by asking Crown Princess Masako to step down for the sake of Crown Prince Naruhito and the Imperial family. On a brighter side... the heir crisis has been resolved ... Crown Princess Masako has been allowed to increase her public appearances. The overall sitaution seems to be improving. Additionally, Crown Prince Naruhito is a loyal husband, who deeply loves his wife and does not shy away from publicly defending his family.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

I see, thank you!
Seems to me a good sign, too, that his brother says they love to meet. I do not believe it but it is a good sign...
Old 12-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Serene Highness

This concludes Part 4. Part 5 can be found here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8-a-19305.html

Tags
crown prince naruhito, crown princess masako, masako, naruhito, prince naruhito, princess masako