Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako current events 4: Jan - Dec 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A widening gap between the Imperial Family and the public
On Jan. 24 in this column I wrote that "the failure of the Imperial Household Agency to comment on Crown Princess Masako makes it responsible" for the bashing by some media outlets of the Crown Princess, who is currently undergoing treatment for an adjustment disorder.
The Imperial Household Agency still has not held a press conference with the doctor in charge of the Crown Princess's treatment. Instead, at the end of July the Imperial Household Agency issued a statement by the medical team responsible for the Crown Prince and his family that asked for "consideration" regarding what was being asked. This request was prompted by questions asked by the press corps covering the Imperial Household during two separate press conferences held before the Crown Prince's solo overseas tours, questions on the process that led to the decision for Princess Masako not to accompany the Crown Prince.
The Imperial Household Agency's response to these questions could be seen as an overreaction. If nothing changes, I feel that the gap will widen between the public and the Crown Prince and Princess, and by extension the entire Imperial Family.........
A widening gap between the Imperial Family and the public - The Mainichi Daily News

Upon reading the article provided by mandyy, I have found nothing surprising about the situation related to Crown Princess Masako. First, the IHA whipped a negative opinion indirectly, of course ... Then it acted surprised and asked the Japanese not to judge Crown Princess harshly. It is the usual routine.

One thing that I found interesting about this article is that the word "encouragement" is used as though it refers to something inappropriate, as something implying pressure tactics. Could this be a mistranslation from the original Japanese?

Upon reading the article provided by mandyy, I have nothing surprising about the situation related to Crown Princess Masako. First, the IHA whipped a negative opinion indirectly, of course ... Then it acted surprised and asked the Japanese not to judge Crown Princess harshly. It is the usual routine.

Mermaid 1962,
I fully agree with your assumptions related to the word "encouragement".
... According to the Imperial Household Agency, reporters' questions, which were nothing more than "encouragement," could not only delay Princess Masako's recovery, but may make her condition worse. ...
The word "encouragement" in this sentence takes on a negative meaning. Paraphrasing the above sentence, the following can be said. " ... Reporters' questions can be viewed as a vehicle for aggravating Crown Princess Masako's illness and, thus, putting her full recovery off".
The article has made valid points about
the last minute canceletions of the official engagements alongside Crown Prince Naruhito. At this point, I am curious whether the conrtoversial sitaution that surrounds Crown Princess Masako is the direct result of her being ill or court games by the IHA.

'Time' stood still on day Crown Prince proposed

On the afternoon of Dec. 12, 1992, Masako Owada, then a 29-year-old diplomat, visited an exhibition by a famous calligrapher at a Tokyo department store and was gazing at the kanji "Toki" ("Time").
Hours earlier, she had accepted Crown Prince Naruhito's marriage proposal.........
'Time' stood still on day Crown Prince proposed | The Japan Times Online

That's a wonderful picture of Masako that accompanies the article. Her outfit is so bright and stylish, and she looks so happy.:flowers:

'Time' stood still on day Crown Prince proposed

On the afternoon of Dec. 12, 1992, Masako Owada, then a 29-year-old diplomat, visited an exhibition by a famous calligrapher at a Tokyo department store and was gazing at the kanji "Toki" ("Time").
Hours earlier, she had accepted Crown Prince Naruhito's marriage proposal.........
'Time' stood still on day Crown Prince proposed*| The Japan Times Online

You should being happy the day that "He" propouse you, if you weren't would be a little bit wear

Are you referring to the picture in the article? That was taken in Saudi Arabia on their first official tour together.:flowers:

You should being happy the day that "He" propouse you, if you weren't would be a little bit wear

yeah, thanks. i don't saw it, that was long time ago

http://sankei.jp.msn.com/photos/culture/imperial/081004/imp0810040808000-p1.jpg
10/1 The application of Okinawa songs and dances at national theater bY SANKEI NEWS
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/photos/culture/imperial/081025/imp0810250748000-p4.jpg
10/20 Celebrate Empress Michiko's birthday bY SANKEI NEWS

Japan's Royal Family - Yahoo! News Photos
Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito, left, Crown Princess Masako, right, and their daughter Princess Aiko, look at exhibits during a visit to the photo exhibition entitled: 'Empress and her children' at Takashimaya department store in Tokyo Saturday, Oct. 25, 2008.(AP Photo/Shuji Kajiyama, Pool)
http://ca.c.yimg.jp/news/20081025133426/img.news.yahoo.co.jp/images/20081025/maip/20081025-00000005-maip-soci-view-000.jpg
I’m very glad to be able to see crown prince familly!
But yahoo news is a bit strange
This photo exhibition exhibits NOT ONLY 'Empress and her children' but also 'Empress and children her met'

Crown Princess Masako so beutiful. I'm very pround of her, CP Naruhito and little princess Aiko
Thank you so much for this picture,namiey.I'm so happy

It's wonderful to see CP Masako looking so happy in public!:flowers:

Crown Princess Masako so beutiful. I'm very pround of her, CP Naruhito and little princess Aiko
Thank you so much for this picture,namiey.I'm so happy

Those are some very nice photos.

Although some of Princess Masako's smile seemed a little forced, but it also seems that she feels a little more comfortable with the media when compared with the pictures a few months ago. Perhaps a sign that she is improving?

Those are some very nice photos.

Although some of Princess Masako's smile seemed a little forced, but it also seems that she feels a little more comfortable with the media when compared with the pictures a few months ago. Perhaps a sign that she is improving?
She looks so pretty with her smile. I love her dress too. I hope this is really a good signs of her recovery.

I agree with you el-khanz:flowers:.
Yes, love her dress and her....husband too:lol:, hahaha
I think she comfortable and happy because she can speak English without an interpreter
Someone post new clip of them, please.I can't find it in youtube:bang:
Sorry for my English, i'm from Viet Nam

http://kirei.xsrv.jp/douga/masakoxmas.jpg

I've never seen it before.They seem so happy:wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Naruhito as well. He seems to be quite forward-looking.:flowers:

I agree with you el-khanz:flowers:.
Yes, love her dress and her....husband too:lol:, hahaha
I think she comfortable and happy because she can speak English without an interpreter
Someone post new clip of them, please.I can't find it in youtube:bang:
Sorry for my English, i'm from Viet Nam

http://kirei.xsrv.jp/douga/masakoxmas.jpg

I've never seen it before.They seem so happy:wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito (L) and Crown Princess Masako attend the welcome ceremony of King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia at the Imperial Palace on November 10, 2008 in Tokyo, Japan. The King and the Queen are on 6-day visit to Japan for the first time since 1998, when they attended Nagano Olympic opening ceremony
http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/King+Juan+Carlos+Queen+Sofia+Spain+Visit+Japan+0jSj442jhppl.jpg
CP Naruhito seem so happy and CP Masako is comfortable
OH, Happy Day

What´s the event emma93? Do you Know?.
Thanks in advance.

Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito (L) and Crown Princess Masako attend the welcome ceremony of King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia at the Imperial Palace on November 10, 2008 in Tokyo, Japan. The King and the Queen are on 6-day visit to Japan for the first time since 1998, when they attended Nagano Olympic opening ceremony
http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/King+Juan+Carlos+Queen+Sofia+Spain+Visit+Japan+0jSj442jhppl.jpg
CP Naruhito seem so happy and CP Masako is comfortable
OH, Happy Day

That's great that princess Masako attended a public event! It's a good sign IMO

I'm so happy to see that she was able to attend an event along with the Emperor and Empress. To go to such a high-profile event must mean that she's really "on the mend.":w00t2: I like the fact that she's wearing a bold colour as well.:flowers:

That's great that princess Masako attended a public event! It's a good sign IMO

I absolutely agree, Zarat and Mermaid:
Princess Masako must really feel better as she was able to attend the ceremony for the Spanish royal couple. :) The dinner with prince Charles and the Duchess was probably not that difficult: Charles is just the person to appreciate Masako´s qualities, and, moreover, he and the Duchess know well how it feels when the press is after you. I´d bet that before meeting Masako he had thought something like: "I will show you how your depressed princess can smile when she feels supported and appreciated." (And, indeed, he showed us.)

But now on this very formal occasion, nobody except her husband could help Masako. I am sure that motherly queen Sofia would gladly have done so, and Juan Carlos, too, whose gallantry towards young women never fails. But, standing there outside, smiling officially, they would not have had any chance to do so. But Masako looks very well on the pics. Hopefully, this time she will also get the credits for it in the Japanese public. On occasion of her dinner with prince Charles, I have read a rather ironical comment from a Japanese, saying that when she is to get the pleasure of dining with the English crown prince, then, of course, she forgets to be ill… I often seem to notice an underlying undertone of envy in this sort of comments. But, hopefully, this time nobody will envy her for standing in the fresh air and smiling politely and have the Spanish couple, as it seems, not so much as to look at her.

I agree. Masako looks great on her latest pics. Visiting exebition with her family, dinner with Charles and Camilla, and welcoming Spanish Royal, I hope she can keep her condition and get better day by day.

Let's hope that there'll be a tiara event in her not-too-distant future!:flowers:

I agree. Masako looks great on her latest pics. Visiting exebition with her family, dinner with Charles and Camilla, and welcoming Spanish Royal, I hope she can keep her condition and get better day by day.

My goodness, please pardon me, if I jump to conclusions, which is probably very improper; but my feelings are so strong, that I would like to share them with you all in this Forum. This means: when I saw on the latest photos of Prince and Princess Naruhito and Masako their so so sweet smiles, I could not stop thinking: Are they perhaps awaiting now a further child? If all this is too "impossible", then please cancel my post. :angel: Perhaps am I much too romantic. Take the post immediately away, if it is impossible. Thanks you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom