The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Imperial Family of Japan > Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 02:33 PM
Serene Highness

Doctors have warned that intense media scrutiny of Japanese Crown Princess Masako could worsen her stress-induced ailment, local reports said Saturday.

Reports: Doctors say media scrutiny could worsen health of Japan's crown princess - International Herald Tribune

Old 07-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Although this news looks like a preemptive move by the IHA, I do hope that Crown Princess Masako will go to Tonga.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Excuse me for a second but let me ask. She looks well when she accompanies her daughter to school , the zoo etc. Why are they afraid she will not be able to handle life outside that gilded cage she has been living in? Are they concerned she may not return home after a trip abroad or are they punishing her?
With regard to the Emperor and his powers........if he just sits back and watches this drama unfold and does nothing for his own son's happiness how are the Monarchists believe he will do anything for them if a catastrophe happens?
Old 07-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

No, yes, yes and I certainly wouldn't.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am afraid for her as if she is a sister or something. This lady would have been a great asset to a European Royal Court and she is being treated like dirt in Japan.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

But don't forget that medias could made the strongest of the persons to became sick. I hope that Princess Masako could really recover...and that medias will let her alone for a while.

Vanesa.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 30.7.2008

Japanese Princess Aiko and Crown Princess Masako see off Crown Prince
Naruhito at the entrance of the Togu Palace in Tokyo on July 30, 2008.
Naruhito left for Tonga to attend the coronation of King George Tupou V.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 07-30-2008, 09:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Aiko keeps mum Masako company as Naruhito jets to Tonga
http://www.hellomagazine.ca/royalty/...-masako-tonga/
Old 07-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Well ... our joy of seeing Crown Princess Masako alongside her husband in Toga was short-lived. She has not been recommended to go after all.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I had hoped that she'd be able to follow through on the Tonga trip, and so I'm saddened that she's not able to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Well ... our joy of seeing Crown Princess Masako alongside her husband in Toga was short-lived. She has not been recommended to go after all.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Commoner

i hope she happy in one days ......she is nice
Old 08-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I think that all of us should be happy is Princess Masako reachs her healthy and happyness...along with her people. A happy Princess will make her people happy too.

Vanesa.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako, and Princess Aiko wave to well-wishers upon their arrival at Nasushiobara station, Nasushiobara, north of Tokyo, Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2008. The royal family will have summer holidays at an imperial villa in the highland retreat.

Photos from AP via Yahoo
Old 08-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Heir Apparent

It is really great to see the Crown Princely family together. Crown Princess Masako seems happy and relaxed.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Aristocracy

Indeed it is great !!! I believe they are one of the most united and tenderful Royals in Japan.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sometimes I wonder how happy they would have been if they did not belong to the Imperial family. Just the three of them as a family of independent means, free to live their life as they choose.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Aristocracy

I agree with you Odette. This is one of the many ocasions in which not belonging to a place would have been indeed better for the members of this family: they would have been able to set their paths, without everyone giving an unwanted opinion.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Sometimes I wonder how happy they would have been if they did not belong to the Imperial family. Just the three of them as a family of independent means, free to live their life as they choose.

I wonder if anything is going to change once the CP inherits the throne?
Old 08-25-2008, 12:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I wonder if anything is going to change once the CP inherits the throne?
Hopefully he will have the backbone to stand up to the courtiers and change a few things, to allow his wife and daughter to live a happy life.
So far he has been very strong and supportive. I wish he continues to put Masako's and his happiness as well as Aiko's above all else. Only time will tell.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I always think of the Japanese Imperial Court as a system at once delicate and durable. One might expect that Crown Prince Naruhito would start an upheaval and modernization of the old system. Japanese courtiers might encounter big challenges by striving to harmonize tradition, politics, and their own code of behavior with the spirit of times, thereby re-crafting a role for the Imperial family. I believe that Crown Prince Naruhito will attempt to introduce certain much needed changes, but he will still attenuate sharp angles and build harmonious relationships. The latter is a must in the Japanese society.

Tags
crown prince naruhito, crown princess masako, masako, naruhito, prince naruhito, princess masako