A boy for Prince Aimone and Princess Olga of Savoy: Umberto - March 7, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are at least 4rd degree cousins, the same as for Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip

Last edited by a moderator:
Olga of Greece and Amedeo di Savoia-Aosta (Aimone's father) are 2nd cousins.

Ok, 2nd once removed

I am sorry, what do you mean?

Here are two common Lines of Descent:

King George I of Greece > Constantine > Irene > Amedeo Aosta > Aimone
King George I of Greece > Christopher > Michael of Greece > Olga

Jean (III) of France > Henri, comte de Paris > Claude > Aimone
Jean (III) of France > Francoise > Michael of Greece > Olga

They are second cousins (Jean III d'Orleans), Second once removed, third and fourth cousins at the same time, and a lot of theyr Orleans ancestors were cousins

Olga was pregnant, because of the marriage. It´s logic. Olga and Aimone had a long time engagment.

They are at least 4rd degree cousins, the same as for Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip

Well Elizabeth and Philip are doubly related as well. 3rd cousins through Queen Victoria and 2nd cousins once removed (or something to that effect) through Christian IX of Denmark.

I just received a phone call informing me that in April a new Prince will born in the House of Savoy, the son of Aimone & Olga. They will have a male heir.

That is a fantastic news!!! My congratulations to the couple

Wow!That's great!I guess this means that their position will be more secure regarding the headship of the Italian Monarchy,right?

If Emanuele Filiberto won't have sons, this Baby will be the only male Heir to the Italian Throne...

Thanks for the explanation,Mafan!Could I ask you something else?Do you know the title the baby is going to have?

Being Amedeo Duke of Savoy and Aimone Duke of Aosta, the Baby will be Duke of Apulia; obviously for Vittorio Emanuele, Emanuele Filiberto and theyr supporters Amedeo is Duke of Aosta and Aimone of Apulia, and in this way a new title will have to be created for the Baby, because none of the late Dukes of Aosta had Grandsons during theyr life...But the right chance is the first, according to Savoy House Laws.

What about Duke of Spoleto? Or is that title too connected to a second son to be used by a grandson?
Aimone's grandfather was Duke of Spoleto as his older brother was the Duke of Apulia.

The title of Duke of Spoleto was given to the second-born of Duke Emanuele Filiberto of Aosta, Prince Aimone; after him it was never used. If Amedeo is Duke of Aosta and Aimone Duke of Apulia (but it isn't so), maybe the Baby will have the title of Duke of Spoleto; but, according to Savoy House Laws, Amedeo is the Head of the Family, Aimone Duke of Aosta, so the Baby will be Duke of Apulia.

If Emanuele Filiberto won't have sons, this Baby will be the only male Heir to the Italian Throne...

So, apparently, Padre Pio's prophecy is coming true...

According to Amedeo's supporters' interpretation, the prophecy is yet came true...In 1971...

Well,that's a little bit complicated for me.I guess we have to wait and see what will happen with the baby's title.If the "other side" won't accept this title,what will happen?Could there be a type of "veto" or both sides will continue to believe what they like to believe?

I fear that the "other side" (VE & EF) will continue to proclaim themselves Princes of Savoy and Heads of the House, "supported" by italian medias: in Italy the "disinformation" about Royal themes has reached dreadful levels; it's easier to believe that the firstborn of a King must become King after his Father then that definite rules exist to regulate the succession rights.
However, we only have to wait: Amedeo will give the Baby the title of Duke of Apulia, while VE will give him another title...

I forgot to ask before, but how reliable is this source?
It would be just awful if all Royal watchers around the world get all worked up about a little Prince and heir if the baby turns out to be a girl. Then people would be disappointed with the beautiful and innocent child, who should be considered good news, regardless of gender.

The source is 100% sure, as the information arrives directly from the family...

Of course we all know that doctors can make mistakes in examinations even if after 4 months the result should be quite precise...
In April we will see if the doctor was right!

It is good news that Princess Olga is expecting her first child.

I fear that the "other side" (VE & EF) will continue to proclaim themselves Princes of Savoy and Heads of the House, "supported" by italian medias: in Italy the "disinformation" about Royal themes has reached dreadful levels; it's easier to believe that the firstborn of a King must become King after his Father then that definite rules exist to regulate the succession rights.
However, we only have to wait: Amedeo will give the Baby the title of Duke of Apulia, while VE will give him another title...

Why not Prince of Piedmont or Prince of Naples?

Why not Prince of Piedmont or Prince of Naples?
Yes, it may be; why not? He ever will be the Heir to the Italian Throne, and the Heirs to the Italian Throne had ever borne one of these two titles...

How did I miss and it is three pages long!?!? Congrats to the couple on the announcment of their first child....

This is wonderful news! Congratulations to them.

What do our Italian friends think they will name their baby son?
Also now that it leaked that the baby is a boy, will the parents get married in the Catholic Church as well? To better his chances for becoming officially the heir to the Crown?

I don't think that needs to be done as the Catholic Church acknowledges this marriage.

Josette

Back
Top Bottom