The Children of Tsar Nicholas II ("OTMAA")

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a note: 1913 court dresses of Olga and Tatiana were made of satin, not silk. Silk was included on their kokoshniki however.
Thanks for pointing that out Ally. Some parts of the material on the dress was silk though.
It also says that here too:
Olga and Tatiana
Tatiana's costume comes from the Alexander Palace and has the mark "T.N:" embroidered on the waist in pink silk, indicating that this dress belonged to Grand Duchess Tatiana Nicholaevna.

They look so young and innocent. What a terrible tragedy for children to die so young and violently.

Makes you wonder what life would have been like for Russia if they had managed to escape. Thanks for the pictures.

Olga is a such wonderful and sincere girl, she is beautiful with the bunch of flowers in her hands.:flowers:

Thank you, everyone!
I have more extra photographs of the children in this thread:

I agree with Dierna23! The photos are adorable, because they are natural and beautiful.:previous:

Check this wonderful album for the pictures from newly digitized private labums of Nikolai II. and Olga Nikolaevna

These are amazing photos. I get very emotional when I see those girls and their brother and know what terrible deaths they had. I hope they are all in Heaven with their dearest Papa and Mama. No one in that family deserved to die that way!
Every time I read a book about them, I wish we could go back in time and change their fate!
Thank you ever so much, for those photos.
We had an Imperial family in Brasil, but fortunately, when the Republic was procclaimed, they let them go into exile.

Thanks! Here are more:

Anastasia, Tsar and officer.

Officer, Anya, another officer, Nicholas, Anastasia and a third officer.

Maria, officer and Anastasia

The family on the ship

Family in Finland

Tatiana, Olga and Anastasia

Anastasia in 1909

Anastasia

A officer, Maria, Anastasia and a friend.

Nicholas, Olga, Tatiana, Alexei and Anastasia.

Anastasia and Nicholas

Tatiana, Tsar and Anastasia

Tsar and Anastasia

To Olyashka I think it is taken on Olga's 16th birthday, but I am not quite sure, it looks like that! :)
To AnastasiaEvidence Again fantastic pictures. I really like photos of Tatiana with her hair down, that is so much prettier. She is also very pretty in sailor suits! :) So my favorite of your many Tatiana pictures must be the one of Tatiana and the officer on Standart (;

Ally and Val, Thanks for those pictures! There are some rare to me including this one...I wonder if this was taken on Olga's 16th birthday?

According to "ten years aboard the imperial yacht Standart" from where I scanned the picture, it"s "Grand Duchess Tatiana in 1913", which is obviously a mistake. I believe the picture was taken in 1914 before or right after the imperial visit to Rumania. I don´t think it´s her 16th birthday, because it was celebrated at Livadia, not aboard Standart. it could be an occassion of another birthday or a nameday though.

I thought it happened on or before her 16th birthday; her dress looks so identical to the one she wore on that special event. Besides that, she also looks more like a 16 year-old here than an 18 year-old. (but it's just my opinion);)

You can't help but wonder how much the past would have differed if the family was spared. In my opinion, I doubt we would remember them or be as interested in them as much as we are now since they would be the solely known as being the last imperial family, and not by their deaths. In that sense, Lenin was smart enough to realize it couldn't be a *good* thing to immortalize the family forever in death. Unfortunately, for the Czar and his family, they had to pay the price for the mistakes perpetuated for years and years by their family. :cry:

I have a different opinion to yours, they would not have been forgotten, there would have been far more royal-royal marriages than there are now. There were some very beautiful young princesses to marry. Poor Alexei probably wouldn´t have lived that long into adulthood but I believe that at least one or molre of the girls would have become a Queen.

I have a different opinion to yours, they would not have been forgotten, there would have been far more royal-royal marriages than there are now. There were some very beautiful young princesses to marry. Poor Alexei probably wouldn´t have lived that long into adulthood but I believe that at least one or molre of the girls would have become a Queen.

I believe so as well. I read something in the Duke of Windsor's memoirs. I think there would have been a chance that Olga maybe would have married David.

And thanks so much for all the pictures, AnastasiaEvidence! :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom