A potential bride for The Grand Duke Georgi

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Notwithstanding Benjamin's pertinent question immediately above, a reminder that this thread is not about the dynastic rights of the Grand Duchess Maria nor is it an opportunity to indulge in obvious and unsubtle polemic.

thanks,
Warren
TRF Admin

Given the state of the Georgian -Russian relationships, it could be either beneficial or damaging. It would be impossible to say whether or not Grand Duke Georgi could be persuaded to enter a marriage of convenience.

Last edited:
Lady Gabriella Windsor is a ravishingly beautiful woman, who could have anyone she desired, so i doubt she'd be interested in the [how can i put this] rather tubby 'Grand Duke'..
Also why would she want 'the mother-in-law from Hell ?
He could marry a unicorn, but he is dating a lovely Italian Lady and I hope he is happy. There is no throne in either Georgia or Russia and will never be in his lifetime or ever. And, you are right, Gabriella is a stunning young women who can have her pick. He is never going to be her pick. I think her mother would throw up. He is not a front place runner in any place. He is just a sweet man, driven by a nutsy, power hungry mother.

He is just a sweet man, driven by a nutsy, power hungry mother.

I would like to see you giving us evidence to support your ridiculous offences towards Grand Duchess Maria, but I doubt you have any.

You should try to be more polite.

Actually, there is much written by those who see her as nothing more than a usurper, as her Grandfather, they feel was a traitor to the Tsar. But that aside, many of her cousins have very few nice things to say. But that aside too, blind ambition drives this woman. She has pushed her son, who seems like the sweetest of young men, toward a non-existent throne. Now, if he is able to marry this lovely young, Italian lady and have a good life, without worry about nonsense. then she is a good mother. But if she prevents this, because she is not "equal" To what I don't know, then she is ruining her child's chance at happiness. To fill his head with thoughts of a Russian Throne, long departed....but he seems more sensible. As for being polite, I live in a place where having an opinion is your right.

So, you are basing your opinion on Grand Duchess Maria on the statements of her cousins who are driven by ambition to reign in Russia, and will say everything they can in order to detract their cousin, who is the rightful pretender to the Throne. Your double standards are very interesting.

The fact that the Throne is unocupied for almost a hundred of years is, in purely dynastical point of view, irrelevant.

I also live in a place where having a opinion is a right, but the difference is we are taught how to express our opinions without call people names and being offensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
He could marry a unicorn, but he is dating a lovely Italian Lady and I hope he is happy. There is no throne in either Georgia or Russia and will never be in his lifetime or ever. And, you are right, Gabriella is a stunning young women who can have her pick. He is never going to be her pick. I think her mother would throw up. He is not a front place runner in any place. He is just a sweet man, driven by a nutsy, power hungry mother.

I wonder how sweet he is when he is actively marketing himself as Grand Duke and official Heir. He's hinted in the past about preferring a highborn bride (I'll have to look to find it) and I believe that he's eager as anything to continue his family's challenge to Headship of the House of Romanov.

I wonder how sweet he is when he is actively marketing himself as Grand Duke and official Heir. He's hinted in the past about preferring a highborn bride (I'll have to look to find it) and I believe that he's eager as anything to continue his family's challenge to Headship of the House of Romanov.

Look he is not a man of great physical appeal. But he seems to have a sweet nature. He loves his mother and is very kind to her. And he was raised with this thought. I think as he ages and sees his prospects, how blinded he is by the brainwashing, I cannot tell. But, up until now he hasn't been seen with anyone and this Italian lady looks lovely. What their real relationship is, I don't know. Will he waste his life waiting for a "highborn bride". ( And in todays concept, that is a joke). I don't know. Would he not have disclaimed his interest in her, as she doesn't fit their bill. I do not know their monetary status, but other than titles to non-existent thrones, they still need the price of a ticket to get into a movie.

Is there anything new fir the Grand Duke? We have only seen those few photos of him and his Italian love. I hope that his mother can see and understand that he has found someone (if she is the one), and that she will allow him to be happy! He looks rather happy in the photos.

:previous:
Countess believes that people who make any claim to a non-ruling throne is stuck in the past and needs to move on. This type of statement is made from her rather regularly, ignoring the fact that to many people within at least some of the states/regions in question, a restoration is a desirable, albeit unlikely, event. They are all "fossils" because they haven't evolve with the times and embraced democracy, even though some of the most democratic countries in the world continue to have monarchies, and many of the places with continued monarchist movements are ones that have serious problems within their current form of government.

You are right. Your second sentence is quite on the mark, in that "albeit an unlikely event". That is where I have the problem. This young man, I view him as sweet, others don't, has the right to a good and happy life within the parameters of what is. He is an heir to an unlikely occurrence and since this is a discussion about him, I have declared that his mother is more focused on this unlikely event than his happiness in the reality of what is. And, yes, some wonderful nations are constitutional monarchies and have been without interruption or revolution , as those from oppressive and self-serving dynasties. By the way, I am a fossil, as at my age I view many things young people do quite repugnant. It is now becoming their world, so that is what I am. Georgi has a right to a life of his own, because in essence that is all their is.

Let us not forget that some of these most democratic countries in the world still or until recently still had a royal couple with "oldfashioned" partners (Elizabeth of the United Kingdom x Philip of Greece and Denmark, Juan Carlos de Borbón y Borbón x Sophia of Greece and Denmark, Aloïs von and zu Liechtenstein x Sophie von Bayern, Albert II de Belgique x Paola dei principi Ruffo di Calabria, etc.) an none of these States are "fossils", on the contrary: they belong to the most developed, most modern, most democratic and most tolerant states in the world. Is there anyone who believes that the Netherlands would become less modern, less democratic, less tolerant when the King would not have married an Argentine commoner but an European Princess?

From this same standpoint no one can claim that Grand Duke George Michailovich marrying according the expectations would lead to a backward Russia or to a fossilized royal family. Look Grand Duke George's Hohenzollern relative, Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia. He married according his rank with Princess Sophie von Isenburg. They form a fresh and modern couple. The same can be said about Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg who married a Countess de Lannoy. A very old and prestigious family which is illustrated by the fact that Françoise de Lannoy (1513-1562) was a mother-in-law to Willem I of Nassau, Prince of Orange. The very blueblooded marriage of Guillaume and Stéphanie will not bring the Grand Duchy back to mediaeval times. They are modern people. So the conclusion: when Grand Duke George Michailovich marries with a partner according the expectations of his House and dynasty, it is his choice. Such a marriage will of course help his standing in the dynasty, that may be clear. The marriage of Prince Aimone di Savoia-Aosta with Princess Olga of Greece did more to his prestige and standing amongst monarchists than the marriages of Prince Vittorio-Emmanuele with Marina Doria Ricolfi and of Prince Emmanele Filiberto with Clotilde Courau. I wish Grand Duke George Michailovi all happiness.

Let us not forget that some of these most democratic countries in the world still or until recently still had a royal couple with "oldfashioned" partners...
And what changed when Sophie and Georg married? Nothing!! And, perhaps, Georg and Sophie love each other, as nothing else is important, as nothing will change. I do hope they do. And Guillaume and Stephanie love each other, you can see that and she is not his "equal" by Russian standards. She is bright, educated and a delight. If all the rules applied she would be out. And Prince Aimone marriage did what? Did he get a throne and, too perhaps he loves this woman, which is great. And among Monarchists, who cares.. They have to live their lives, not hope for some bright tomorrow, that, most probably, doesn't exist.

And yes, you point out the great marriage between Juan Carlos and Sophia, a real model. Poor Sophia. Or Albert and Paola, another virtuous example. They, to their credit after years of travail, put things together. And Elizabeth and Philip, hidden stories from those who know how to conceal their peccadillos, before the rabid press started their invasion. So,look at all the very nice Constitutional Monarchies, all have what you would call "commoner" spouses and they do very nicely. Maxima, Matlilde, Mary, Mette-Marit, Leteiza, Daniel, Kate and of course, the mistress, Camilla. And by the way Henri of Luxembourg married a Cuban of hardly distinguished parentage, by your standards or his mother's. But Maria Theresa is great. I never called these Constitutional Monarchies fossils. They are4 smart and have kept in step with the times and they have "real thrones". But the Russian pretenders are fossills. They want what has long passed by. 100 years ago, soon. Georgi is young, now. He deserves the best he can find and have happiness for himself. Not for outdated Monarchists standards, by a regime that was removed almost 100 years ago.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:George_romanow_V.jpg?uselang=ru

Claim of the photographer Armenchik: "Georgi Mikhailovich Romanov with Victoria Alexandrovna Kainazarova, his spouse". The photo is dated 1st of November, 2012.

Additional information
https://vk.com/wall56879399_975
http://diary.ru/~topbot/p181731753.htm?oam

Mr. Sharaev in his Vkontakte (Russian Facebook) entry states that Ms Kainazarova is Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna's goddaughter and appeared alongside Grand Duke Georgi several times. She is Kyrgyz. She is rumoured to be Grand Duke Georgi's girlfriend and future wife.

Last edited:
Is she blue blood? The grand duchess seems to favor that.

She is homely, not like that lovely Italian Lady. Sorry. He is not handsome. But he seems really sweet. There is no throne, nor will there be.

Is she blue blood? The grand duchess seems to favor that.
It is rather unclear who Ms Kainazarova really is. She is said to be converted to Orthodoxy. That is all.
I personally doubt she comes from an aristocratic family that provided the sultans and khans who ruled the nomads of the steppe.

Last edited:
According to Romanov family traditions/law, doesn't Georgi have to marry someone with a title?

According to Romanov family traditions/law, doesn't Georgi have to marry someone with a title?

According to Russian Imperial Family law, its members have to make equal marriages with other individuals from reigning (as of the 19th century) or mediatised families in order for their children to be in the line of succession.

This is a very common rule in non-reigning houses, but isn't really seen in reigning European houses, and a big part of that reasoning is that the reigning houses were able to make and enforce their changes in a way that is recognized by the governing bodies of their respective realms. This doesn't work with non-reigning houses as they're not supported by law and there is often, especially at this point in time, many other people behind them in the line of succession who could pop up and try to put their claim first.

In Russia, this is even more complicated by the fact that Russia operates/operated under a form of Salic law; the only way a woman could inherit the title was if every single male line descendant was either dead or descended from an unequal marriage. Therefore, Maria's (and by extension Georgi's) entire claim to the throne of Russia is based on the argument that EVERY living Romanov other than herself is descended from an unequal marriage that occurred after the fall of the Romanovs. The other Romanovs claim that it's not that simple, that Maria herself may have been the result of one (or even two) unequal marriage and therefore she has no better right to inherit the they, and in fact she actually has less of a right.

For Georgi, things will become even more complicated if he marries unequally. As it stands now, there are two claimants to the throne - Maria and Nicholas. If Georgi marries unequally and Maria continues to recognize him, and his children, as being in the succession, then when Georgi passes there could end up being three claims to the throne; Georgi's child, Nicholas' heir, and whoever is currently after Georgi in Maria's succession now (or their heirs).

If November 2012 is correct then he was dating two women at the same time. However her mom's Facebook backs up that date. I think he has not been seen with Rebecca since last summer, but he was also taking her to royal events such as the below link. Both Victoria and her mom Sharipa have a Facebook pages which shows pictures of them Georgi and Victoria back to 2011. It feels arranged. Kainazarov brings up nothing even noble and Kyrgyzstan royals should have the last name Khan/Khanum.

Both Victoria and her mom have her grandfather prominently on their Facebook pages and he has the last name Khanum/Khan so I think that is the royal link. But I do not think the Khans are not a family who pass along in the female line.

«Â*Bal des PrincesÂ*» de l’association de l’Unité capétienne

Its better when he marries a russian woman, rich woman

... [snipped]Both Victoria and her mom have her grandfather prominently on their Facebook pages and he has the last name Khanum/Khan so I think that is the royal link. But I do not think the Khans are not a family who pass along in the female line. ... [snipped]
It would be impossible to clearly establish the bloodline. There is no Kyrgyz Almanach de Gotha. Mrs Kainazarova does not provide the name of the clan she descended from or mention her spouse's clan. People often claim to have descended from a higher branch of their clan than is actually the case.

You were right noting that the Khan title did not pass along in the female line. This was and is fairly typical of Asian culture. In order to claim an aristocratic or noble status, Ms Victoria Kainazarova's father must be from an Ak Suek/white bone/ (or a Kyrgyz version of Ak Suek)family. No matter how aristocratic or noble it is, a maternal side of a family is of secondary importance and just emphasises the fact that a lady's union is equal.

Last edited:
Its better when he marries a russian woman, rich woman

I wonder if he will attract wealth; any wealthy woman might end up with his mother's regal expectations on her hands and that is expensive enough.

It is rather unclear who Ms Kainazarova really is. She is said to be converted to Orthodoxy. That is all.
I personally doubt she comes from an aristocratic family that provided the sultans and khans who ruled the nomads of the steppe.

Is there anything other than her mothers Facebook to confirm the marriage? If they are in fact married, I would assume that everyone would have known by now, or there would have been an official announcement. It's a big step if she has indeed converted to orthodoxy!

My understanding is that the Kainazarovas are not in-laws of the Romanovs, but merely close family friends.

Is there anything other than her mothers Facebook to confirm the marriage? If they are in fact married, I would assume that everyone would have known by now, or there would have been an official announcement. It's a big step if she has indeed converted to orthodoxy!
Mrs Kainazarova's mother never said that her daughter married Grand Duke Georgi. The photographer named Armenchik did (see post #674 in this thread). Based on tidbits of information and photos, it seems to me that Mrs Kainazaorva only tries to validate her own noble status by hobnobbing with Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna and her son. It is still unclear what prompted Ms Kainazarova to convert to the Orthodoxy.

Last edited:
The Facebook pages just back up the dates of the pictures of Armenchik showing Georgi and Victoria together, but not his claim they are engaged or even a couple. The pictures show the families to be friends. Al_bina may be right that the Kainazarovas or someone else mights just be trying to imply something that is not true or overstating things. Somebody wants this match and has started a rumour but it may not be Grand Duchess Maria.

Love the color of her dress. They are cute together. He looks happy!

They spoke so much about equal marriages...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom