The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Nobility

Princely House of Schaumburg-Lippe

Arms of the Princely Family of Schaumburg-Lippe

The Princely House of Schaumburg-Lippe
House of Lippe

This branch was founded by Philip (1601-1681). youngest son of Simon VI, Count and Noble Lord of Lippe.
Schaumburg-Lippe was formed in 1647 through the division by treaties of the County of Schaumburg between the Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg, the Landgrave of Hesse-Kassel and the Count of Lippe.
The territories of Philip's great-great grandson Count Georg achieved sovereign status in 1806.
Count Georg was recognised as Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe in 1807.

At 131 sq miles in area (340 sq km) Schaumburg-Lippe was the smallest German state after Reuss (Elder Line) and had the smallest population (43,000 in 1914).

The dynasty ceased to reign 15/16 November 1918 when Prince Adolf II became the last of the German monarchs to abdicate.

Members of the Princely Family bear the title of Prince or Princess zu Schaumburg-Lippe with the qualification of Serene Highness.
Admission as a family member is dependent on the consent of the Head of the Princely Family.

Head of the House
Alexander (b1958), Fürst zu Schaumburg-Lippe, Noble Lord of Lippe, Count of Schwalenberg and Sternberg
m (1) 1993 (div 2002) Princess Marie-Louise (Lilly) zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
issue:
Heinrich-Donatus (b1994), Erbprinz (Hereditary Prince) zu Schaumburg-Lippe

m (2) 2007 Dr Nadja Anna Zsöks
issue:
Felipa, Princess zu
Schaumburg-Lippe (b2008)

~ ¤ ~

Old 04-22-2004, 03:00 PM
Courtier

Princess Lily seems to be an interesting person and I like her for that :P

Old 12-09-2005, 03:53 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Sadly she looks very tacky in most of those images. I have seen her on german television sometimes and there she seemed to be a vibrant and sympathetic woman. What was the reason for her divorce from Alexander btw?
Old 06-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Courtier

Can anyone tell me which Princely Families closely intereact with each other? I saw the photos of the Schaumburg-Lippe wedding today, and I only saw a couple of members of other German Houses.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:58 PM
Administrator

I saw members of the Luxembourg, Hohenzollern, Wittelsbach, Württemberg, Hohenlohe-Oehringen, Bismarck, Faber-Castell, von Leyen and Bourbon-Two Sicilies families. Fürst Alexander's former wife, Princess Lilly, also attended with her 2nd husband and child, which is very civil. No doubt there were representatives from many other Princely and noble families; the PPE agency had lots of pictures, but none of them were captioned.

ETA.. more identifications from the gallery of pics posted by Elsa M. here in the Wedding thread:
Count Douglas
Löwenstein
Saxe-Meiningen
Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
Schönburg-Glauchau
von Hardenburg
Waldburg-Wolfegg
Ysenburg und Büdingen
Old 06-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
I saw members of the Luxembourg, Hohenzollern, Wittelsbach, Württemberg, Hohenlohe-Oehringen, Bismarck, Faber-Castell, von Leyen and Bourbon-Two Sicilies families. Fürst Alexander's former wife, Princess Lilly, also attended with her 2nd husband and child, which is very civil. No doubt there were representatives from many other Princely and noble families; the PPE agency had lots of pictures, but none of them were captioned.
Is there a guestlist??
Old 06-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is a link to the photos from the wedding. The captions tell you who attended and so forth.

The bride's dress is beautiful and the tiara... to die for!

Sternchen at Glittering Royal Events message board started a topicabout the wedding and various members added comments regarding the guestlist.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Thank you Warren; I don't know what I was looking at; I stand corrected.

You are wonderful as always!
Old 06-30-2007, 11:58 PM
Gentry

The bride is lovely -- so what happened to this guest?? Even the husband looks suprised!

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2007/07063056.jpg

Is she the after party DJ??

Also...who is his friend?? ANyone know??

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2007/07063060.jpg

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2007/07063069.jpg
Old 07-01-2007, 02:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulce Elena View Post
The bride is lovely -- so what happened to this guest?? Even the husband looks suprised!

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2007/07063056.jpg

Is she the after party DJ??
That's Prince Manuel of Bavaria, with his wife neé Princess Anna of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg. Cute handbag.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Courtier

Who is that woman next to Georg Friedrich? This Isenburg princess?
Old 07-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
This is what I'm curious about, too. It doesn't look like Sophie von Isenburg. She's a blonde and this one is not. They look related...like it's one of his cousins. I thought Beatrice or Florence?? Or I could be totally wrong!
Old 07-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Gentry

Funny picture!! This little guy is NEVER going to live this down:

http://bilder.nw-news.de/hochzeit_fu...9/178575S.jpeg
Old 07-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
OK...I found out who she is! According to a German monarchy group I am part of, she is Ursula v.d. Leyden. Her grandfather was the Niedersachsen Minister President, Ernst Albrecht. These photos causes a hubbub in that other forum. I'm a little curious as to why since GF was clearly photographed arriving ALONE to the church. He also appears to have arrived ALONE to the wedding soiree:

http://cf.geocities.com/cigarale44/M...rautsoiree.jpg

Oh, well people will speculate, especially for such a high profile person. If anyone knows more about her keep up informed for information's sake!!

ELENA
Old 07-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Serene Highness

Elena,
Is the young lady perhaps a daughter of Ursula von der Leyen (see here: Ursula von der Leyen - Wikipedia), who is the daughter of Mr. Albrecht?
Old 07-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Gentry

Possibly. I got this info from another group. I am trying to do my own research The v.d Leyden's have 6 kids!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 06:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulce Elena View Post
Possibly. I got this info from another group. I am trying to do my own research The v.d Leyden's have 6 kids!!!
I thought she has 7?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:08 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

You are right, she has seven children, 5 daughters and 2 sons.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
You are right, she has seven children, 5 daughters and 2 sons.
Talk about statistics: it's only because of her that the female ministers in our government have about 1 child each.....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Gentry

More photos of the Schaumburg-Lippe/Zoeks wedding can be found here: Localpic

Here's a nice highlight!

http://www.localpic.de/images/produc...ages/265_0.jpg - Fürst Alexander & his bride
http://www.localpic.de/images/produc...ges/2985_0.jpg - Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia
http://www.localpic.de/images/produc...ges/2947_0.jpg - Prince Georg friedrich of Prussia

Tags
schaumburg-lippe