Prince Alexander and the Princely House of Schaumburg-Lippe 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karolinabraganza

Nobility
Schaumburg-LippePrincelyArms.png

Arms of the Princely Family of Schaumburg-Lippe

The Princely House of Schaumburg-Lippe
House of Lippe

This branch was founded by Philip (1601-1681). youngest son of Simon VI, Count and Noble Lord of Lippe.
Schaumburg-Lippe was formed in 1647 through the division by treaties of the County of Schaumburg between the Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg, the Landgrave of Hesse-Kassel and the Count of Lippe.
The territories of Philip's great-great grandson Count Georg achieved sovereign status in 1806.
Count Georg was recognised as Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe in 1807.

At 131 sq miles in area (340 sq km) Schaumburg-Lippe was the smallest German state after Reuss (Elder Line) and had the smallest population (43,000 in 1914).

The dynasty ceased to reign 15/16 November 1918 when Prince Adolf II became the last of the German monarchs to abdicate.

Members of the Princely Family bear the title of Prince or Princess zu Schaumburg-Lippe with the qualification of Serene Highness.
Admission as a family member is dependent on the consent of the Head of the Princely Family.

Head of the House
Alexander (b1958), Fürst zu Schaumburg-Lippe, Noble Lord of Lippe, Count of Schwalenberg and Sternberg
m (1) 1993 (div 2002) Princess Marie-Louise (Lilly) zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
issue:
Heinrich-Donatus (b1994), Erbprinz (Hereditary Prince) zu Schaumburg-Lippe

m (2) 2007 Dr Nadja Anna Zsöks
issue:
Felipa, Princess zu
Schaumburg-Lippe (b2008)

~ ¤ ~

Last edited by a moderator:
Princely House of Schaumburg-Lippe

Princess Lily seems to be an interesting person and I like her for that :p

Sadly she looks very tacky in most of those images. I have seen her on german television sometimes and there she seemed to be a vibrant and sympathetic woman. What was the reason for her divorce from Alexander btw?

Can anyone tell me which Princely Families closely intereact with each other? I saw the photos of the Schaumburg-Lippe wedding today, and I only saw a couple of members of other German Houses.

I saw members of the Luxembourg, Hohenzollern, Wittelsbach, Württemberg, Hohenlohe-Oehringen, Bismarck, Faber-Castell, von Leyen and Bourbon-Two Sicilies families. Fürst Alexander's former wife, Princess Lilly, also attended with her 2nd husband and child, which is very civil. No doubt there were representatives from many other Princely and noble families; the PPE agency had lots of pictures, but none of them were captioned.

ETA.. more identifications from the gallery of pics posted by Elsa M. here in the Wedding thread:
Count Douglas
Löwenstein
Saxe-Meiningen
Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
Schönburg-Glauchau
von Hardenburg
Waldburg-Wolfegg
Ysenburg und Büdingen

Last edited:
I saw members of the Luxembourg, Hohenzollern, Wittelsbach, Württemberg, Hohenlohe-Oehringen, Bismarck, Faber-Castell, von Leyen and Bourbon-Two Sicilies families. Fürst Alexander's former wife, Princess Lilly, also attended with her 2nd husband and child, which is very civil. No doubt there were representatives from many other Princely and noble families; the PPE agency had lots of pictures, but none of them were captioned.

Is there a guestlist??

Here is a link to the photos from the wedding. The captions tell you who attended and so forth.

The bride's dress is beautiful and the tiara... to die for!:flowers:

Sternchen at Glittering Royal Events message board started a topicabout the wedding and various members added comments regarding the guestlist.

Thank you Warren; I don't know what I was looking at; I stand corrected.

You are wonderful as always!

Who is that woman next to Georg Friedrich? This Isenburg princess?

This is what I'm curious about, too. It doesn't look like Sophie von Isenburg. She's a blonde and this one is not. They look related...like it's one of his cousins. I thought Beatrice or Florence?? Or I could be totally wrong!

OK...I found out who she is! According to a German monarchy group I am part of, she is Ursula v.d. Leyden. Her grandfather was the Niedersachsen Minister President, Ernst Albrecht. These photos causes a hubbub in that other forum. I'm a little curious as to why since GF was clearly photographed arriving ALONE to the church. He also appears to have arrived ALONE to the wedding soiree:

http://cf.geocities.com/cigarale44/MARIAGEALEXANDER/brautsoiree.jpg

Oh, well people will speculate, especially for such a high profile person. :D If anyone knows more about her keep up informed for information's sake!!

ELENA

Last edited:
Possibly. I got this info from another group. I am trying to do my own research ;) The v.d Leyden's have 6 kids!!!

Last edited:
You are right, she has seven children, 5 daughters and 2 sons.

You are right, she has seven children, 5 daughters and 2 sons.

Talk about statistics: it's only because of her that the female ministers in our government have about 1 child each.....

Georg has become more handsome as time goes by.

I also like the fact that he seems very humble and intelligent. His relaxed demeanor and ease with the people makes him so likeable.
Same here! :D
He has always looked like a "Prince Charming", but he's getting more and more handsome...:wub:
I wonder if that Ursula Leyden is getting the golden prize!;)

Since viewing the thread pertaining to Prince Alexander's recent wedding, I am interested in any information on this family.

Alexander is addressed as Furst; is he head of the family? I thought that he wasn't. He seems to be rather prosperous and Buckeburg Castle is beautiful.

Who are his relations and how many branches are there of Schaumburg or Lippe.

Thanks in advance.

Here you can see the genealogy of the Princely Family of Schaumburg-Lippe.

Schaumburg-Lippe

Alexander was born in 1958 as second son of the future Fürst Philipp-Ernst and his wife Benita, née Freiin von Tiele-Winckler. His older brother, Hereditary Prince Georg-Wilhelm died in 1983 after an accident. In 1993 Alexander married Princess Marie-Louise (Lily) zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berlebrug who later left him for another men. They where divorced in 2002 and have a son Hereditary Prince Heinrich Donatus, born in 1994, but are still on friendly terms (so Lily, her second husband Lambros Milona where also present at the wedding-Events). In 2003 Alexander succeeded his father as Fürst.

There are only 2 other dynasts, Prince Wilhelm and his son Prince Christian from the Nachod-line. Both are descendants of King Frederik VIII of Denmark as the mother of Wilhelm was Princess Feodora (daughter of Prince Harald) and his grandmother Princess Louise (daughter of King Frederik VIII) and also live in Denmark. The other Family-members all have not married according to the House-Laws.

I understand the family is one of the wealthiest in Germany and Fürst Alexander is recognized for his business acomplishments.

Here is his profile in Myspace:
www.myspace.com/aschaumburg

GLORIA and LILLY's Fashion and Style

Hello,

On

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...s-marie-louise-lilly-fashion-style-14474.html ,

I have started a thread about fashion and style of the two German ex-punk-princesses, GLORIA von THURN und TAXIS und LILLY zu SCHAUMBURG-LIPPE.

There you will find many links to pictures that show GLORIA and LILLY and some of their female family members in "royal" and "crazy" outfits. Enjoy.

Many greetings, :)

A Friend

Sadly she looks very tacky in most of those images. I have seen her on german television sometimes and there she seemed to be a vibrant and sympathetic woman. What was the reason for her divorce from Alexander btw?

My opinion is that it was an arranged marriage organised by them so that Alexander could have an heir by a princess. They divorced not long after the lad was born. The pair seem to remain on good terms as Lily attended Alexanders second wedding.

Why would they need an arranged marriage? I think the Schaumburg-Lippe´s are rather relaxed about marriages to commoners, and Alexanders own mother is just a baroness too of course. Still I have to confess the thought crossed my mind too, though I can certainly see what got them interested in each other, they both seem to be very vivacious characters who enjoy the good side of life.

Last edited:
My opinion is that it was an arranged marriage organised by them so that Alexander could have an heir by a princess. They divorced not long after the lad was born. The pair seem to remain on good terms as Lily attended Alexanders second wedding.

It was certainkly not an arragned marriage. The reason for the divorce what that Lily left him for her now second husband. Alexander has said that if she would had not left him they would probably still be married.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom