Prince Ernst August Jr, Prince Christian of Hannover and Families: March 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulations to the couple!

Fab news! It didn’t take long for them to start a family.

Lovely news for the couple and brother family!

What would you consider 'long'? As it took them about 4 times as long as Christian's older brother... (who was extremely quick) Given that by the time the baby will be born they will have been married for over 2 1/2 years (since November 2017).

Many first babies seem to be born before the 2 year mark, so with the 2 1/2 - 3 years they are slightly later than that but still 'normal' in my book but certainly not soon compared to others.

Some examples in the last 20 years:
Prior to marriage: Balthazar Rassam, Sasha Casiraghi, Gabriel of Nassau
First year: Elisabeth of Hannover, Leonore of Sweden, Alexander of Sweden, Louise of Belgium, Amalia of Nassau, Henrik of Denmark, Archie Mountbatten-Windsor
Second year: Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands, Christian of Denmark, Leonor of Spain, Stefano Casiraghi, Estelle of Sweden, Elisabeth of Belgium, Carl Friedrich of Prussia, Maria-Stella of Austria, Katharina of Austria, Anna Astrid of Austria-Este
Third year: Ingrid-Alexandra of Norway, George of Cambridge, Leopold de Limburg-Stirum
Fourth year: Gabriella of Monaco, Zsófia of Habsburg
Fifth year or later: 'baby Luxembourg', Aiko of Japan

(Sorry for hijacking the topic; got carried away)

:previous: Indeed, considering Christian got married only 4 months (civil at least) after his brother did. And his brother already has 2 children. Certainly Christian and his wife didn't rush to have kids. The couple celebrate their second anniversary (religiously) on Monday.

Congratulations to both sets of families and of course the couple on the news :flowers:

Third grandchild for Christian's grandparents. Not sure about Alessandra's. I know she has three brothers, not sure if any are married or have kids.

I had no idea that the princess was expecting. Very exciting news in a tense and scary time!:sad:

I hope the virus won't have an effect on her pregnancy.

Are her parents still with her or had time to return to Peru before closing the borders?

:previous: IIRC BUNTE is a tabloid media so I would take that report with a large grain of salt.

The news is indeed happy given whats going on all over the world.

What "visual confirmation"?
Shall we from the size of Alessandra's belly guess if she is expecting twins or a singleton?

She is such a teeny tiny young woman that to see her pregnant at all will take some getting used to!:ohmy:

What "visual confirmation"?
Shall we from the size of Alessandra's belly guess if she is expecting twins or a singleton?

Official pregnancy announcement or do we wait to see a belly.

Twins- would we have to wait and see them leave with one or two babies. Or see photos of one or two babies.

:previous: Such a beautiful little family! Love how the dog wanted to get in the shoot too. :D

Yes, she looks quite pregnant in those pictures. I'm rather impressed that they recognized her with her facemask and sunglasses (but probably they waited outside their apartment?).

According to Hola Christian and Sassa are moving from their apartment in Salamanca (close to the historic center and Retiro parque) to a two-story home of 600m2 in Puerta de Hierro (formally the district of Moncloa - the official residence of the prime minister is also in this area). So, it seems they intend to stay in Madrid but figured that a larger house would be preferable with two babies arriving soon.

So it's confirmed they are expecting twins?

So it's confirmed they are expecting twins?

So far only by Bunte and one blog. Not sure how reliable either are.

Even if only one baby, a two bedroom flat may seem small quickly. Moving to a larger home makes sense.

So far only by Bunte and one blog. Not sure how reliable either are.

Even if only one baby, a two bedroom flat may seem small quickly. Moving to a larger home makes sense.

Also by Hola and several spanish magazines it is confirmed that they are expecting twins.

According to several posts I've seen on Instagram Christian and Alessandra had a boy and a girl called Nicolas and Sofia earlier today. The source for these posts seems to be from Peruvian media outlets.

Back
Top Bottom