The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-13-2009, 06:24 AM
Courtier

Oh, Susan Alicia, now I see: You know Pcss Marie Chantal personally! How could you otherwise know her "character"?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roimat View Post
wartenberg, as a Greek of 36 years old and royalist, but fair, i know that Pavlos is popular among younger ages, more than his father.
But i think he had mad several mistakes: his wife, 14 years after their marriage, still doesn't speak any Greek. Hell, Queen Anne Marie spent only 3 years in Greece ands speaks the language very nice, Marie Chandal doesn't have the time to learn Greek? She was supposed to be a Queen of Greece!!! And the same is going on with his children. They don't speak greek...and we cannot blaim the children for that. Even infanta Christine speaks a litle of Greek, she took greek courses!!!

All right. Might be true. But this doesn´t seem to be enough for me to reject the Princess in such a harsh way!
I think the language matter would only be a problem if they were living in Greece or there would be the slightest chance for the restoration of the monarchy, which is not the case as far as I am informed.
By the way, is there any proof that Pavlos really doesn´t speak greek with the kids? I´m not sure, but as far as I remember he once said so a couple ofyears ago...

Old 08-13-2009, 06:57 AM
Moderator Emeritus

That Princess Marie Chantal doesn't speak the Lenguage is one of the minor problems, but in my opinion this represent a lack of interest for Greece by who is supoused to be its Crown Princess.
Maybe the Princess dont see the utility of speack creeck

Old 08-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Oh, Susan Alicia, now I see: You know Pcss Marie Chantal personally! How could you otherwise know her "character"?!

All right. Might be true. But this doesn´t seem to be enough for me to reject the Princess in such a harsh way!
I think the language matter would only be a problem if they were living in Greece or there would be the slightest chance for the restoration of the monarchy, which is not the case as far as I am informed.
By the way, is there any proof that Pavlos really doesn´t speak greek with the kids? I´m not sure, but as far as I remember he once said so a couple ofyears ago...

Come one, do you realy believe what you are saying??? The language would be a problem only if they were in Greece? But the are in Greece 6 months per year! And, for God, she is a Grrek princess, not an american basketball player in a Greek team!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Serene Highness

A problem:

A Greek journalist want do a interview to Marie Chantal MIller , the Greek journalist does not know the languages that MC speak

Question: what language will the journalist use?
GREEK
Because the journalist knows that she is member of old royal family.

.... She should learn Greek because she attends celebrations of royal houses representing the Greek royal family, everything has a price ...The Greek is the minimum price to pay for it
Old 08-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Nobility

I have a feeling that she understands some greek but she either is not talking or is not feeling comfortable to talk.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lia View Post
I have a feeling that she understands some greek but she either is not talking or is not feeling comfortable to talk.

I think you are wrigth in what you say,bUT i also think that the Greek language is very hard to learn and then master as your 2.-3. language.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA View Post
A problem:

A Greek journalist want do a interview to Marie Chantal MIller , the Greek journalist does not know the languages that MC speak

Question: what language will the journalist use?
GREEK
Because the journalist knows that she is member of old royal family.

.... She should learn Greek because she attends celebrations of royal houses representing the Greek royal family, everything has a price ...The Greek is the minimum price to pay for it
Well, this problem is the least...The language problem is mostly a "conection-with -the-people" problem. Don't forget that crown Prince Alexander of Serbia, who has lived all his live in tha States and in Great Britain, is speaking Serbian, is verry often critisized because he is not speaking it very well!!!
Just imagine the scene: Pavlos and Marie Chandal are making a tour at Greek villages...old women and men arecoming out of their houses to say hello to them...and they are trying to talk to their " Quenn ment to be".....
Old 08-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Serene Highness

There are two solutions to learn Greek or run of the people of the village ....
another problem almost, you imagine this, the kings have been waiting 40 years to return to Greece and talk with the people in greek... and now that they can , they have been forced to speak in English because your grandchildren do not speak Greek.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Aristocracy

That's exactly the "conection with the people" i'm refering to....People here love to greet Constantine, Anna Maria, Pavlos, Nikolaos and Alexia. The other two younger princess, Philippos and Theodora, also don't speak good Greek. And when they visit Greece, almost none pays atention to them.:-(
Old 08-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Serene Highness

I think that the member of the Greek royal house that has connected with people is Nikolaos (and Tatiana).It is true Teodora y Filipos do not show great interestthe people by them but NIko.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Aristocracy

the eldests show interest mostly an the King and Queen and prinscess Irene, and of course at Queen Sofia, but they also have good connection with the 3 eldest children.
Younger greeks realy like Nikolaos and Alexia, and i think they are "just ok" with Pavlos...and most of younger greeks don't even know about Philippos an Theodora...
Old 08-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Serene Highness

I agree with you..
Why do you think that with Pavlo "just ok"?
Old 08-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Nobility

I think that the younger generation will come to the surface when Nikolaos marries. Then the press will look for "gossip" to those two. For example who they date, what they do etc.

ps: Do we know what language the GRF uses when they are together? I am talking about the King, the Queen and their children only. Do they speak Danish as well?I know that most know spanish.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:34 AM
Aristocracy

No,no danish at all. King himself doesn't even know danish!I think they speak Greek and english. Nikolaos' and Alexia's accent is very good, like they were living all their life in Greece. Pavlos seam to be a litle nervous when he is speaking on TV, but in private he also speaks greek fluently
Old 08-14-2009, 07:36 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA View Post
I agree with you..
Why do you think that with Pavlo "just ok"?
Maybe he got married too early and they have no ineterest to him :-)...No, i just said that his live is a normal life of a father, Nikolaos is a litle more popular,close to the people...

by the way....8 days after the christening of Aristidis Stavros, and still the official website of the Greek Royal Family has no news about it......
Old 08-14-2009, 08:29 AM
Nobility

Quote:
by the way....8 days after the christening of Aristidis Stavros, and still the official website of the Greek Royal Family has no news about it......
About that, when i try to get to the site i get a warning of malicious context that could affect my pc. So could there be a hacker problem on their site?
Old 08-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Serene Highness

Ok. I agree with you Roimat, but I think this:
I think that NIko and Alexia have more interest to people because their lifestyle is identified with the Greeks.
Alexia abandoned her work to care of their children, has four children, her husband is an architect....
She is reflected in the Greek magazine as a spontaneous person...
I remember when she spoke in a magazine about when she travelled to palace of Tatoi by the funeral of Queen FEderika, she said that .
her first memories were in Tatoi with her cousins Elena and Cristina ... She was nervous, she thought, "Here are my sources" I'm from here "
She spoke with great sincerity. The people appreciated this.
Niko appears in the magazines of Greece,celebrating the victory of the selection of Greek football, dancing at a party , in Crete with his girlfriend ...
People identified him with Greece.They are spontaneous.

Paul speaks Greek, is Greek, but when he appears in magazines of Greece, this is an exclusive, it is planned,They are made up, well dressed... they are glamorous,it is planned. The interviews are focused on Marie Chantal, her family, her work, but no reference to Greece. when Paul speaks in the interview,he talkes about his work, which is involved in the fight the ozone layer ... and there is only minimal reference to Greece.

The lack of spontaneity in the interview, lack references to Greece ..for people they are "just ok"
Old 08-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lia View Post
About that, when i try to get to the site i get a warning of malicious context that could affect my pc. So could there be a hacker problem on their site?
No,this warning is made,when some people refair the site as of a bad content.Probably anti-royalists did that. Tha lack of news is a common think in the royal webpage...
Old 08-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you !!!

I would like to see a interview in a magazine of Pavlo and Marie Chantal visiting a Greek village,talking with the people of the village.. That this will be spontaneous, not glamorous ...
Old 08-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Come one, do you realy believe what you are saying??? The language would be a problem only if they were in Greece? But the are in Greece 6 months per year! And, for God, she is a Grrek princess, not an american basketball player in a Greek team!!!

Six months a year? Are you sure about it?
I do believe they have school children who attend classes and they are
not in Greece.
Besides MC is NOT a Greek princess. She married a Greek prince there
is a difference. She only comes to Greece in July or August for a couple
of weeks. Queen Anne Marie came to Greece to become a reigning Queen and among her other duties learning the Greek language was paramount.
MC realises that the chances of her becoming a Queen in Greece are slim to none. I doubt any Greek would hold against her the fact that she did not learn the language.