Princess Olga (1971-), dau of Prince Michael

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iseestudio

Commoner
Anyone has information about the young Princess Olga of Greece?
Update pictures and news?

I was looking at one of the Miller sister message boards the other day and saw this picture. As I remember there is a Greek Princess who studied in architecture field in London and New York, I thought it might be this one. I've also read one or two article from Vogue before about her.
Correct me if I was wrong. But I could not find any information about her in LTR under the Greece category. I'd like to know more if any one could provide the info. Thanks. :lol:

Attachments

• 000.jpg
    000.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,320
NewYorkSocialDiary.com Est. 2000 David Patrick Columbia/Jeffrey Hirsch, Proprietors.

Attachments

• PrincessOlga.jpg
    PrincessOlga.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 864
Olga de Grece

Just heard Princess Olga is engaged to Aimone di Savoia. Does anyone has any more news? I didn't even know they were an item...

princess Olga at the baptism of prince Odysseas, she's his godmother.

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,773
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 2,070
In point de vue there's a large photo of Aimone and Olga attending the wedding of Delphine Arnault and Alessandro Vallarino Gancia in Yquem (France), September 17.

They both look very happy. To the church wedding Aimone was wearing a deep bue suit on a white shirt with red and wite tie, and Olga a very pretty and elegant kneelength black Prada coat with blue flowers, over a white dress.

princess Olga at the Loewe défilé, at the Paris fashion week, 6 Oct. 2005(getty)

Attachments

• 55860993.jpg
    55860993.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 684
iseestudio said:
I was looking at one of the Miller sister message boards the other day and saw this picture. As I remember there is a Greek Princess who studied in architecture field in London and New York, I thought it might be this one. I've also read one or two article from Vogue before about her.
Correct me if I was wrong. But I could not find any information about her in LTR under the Greece category. I'd like to know more if any one could provide the info. Thanks. :lol:

I don't think Princess Olga is in architecture. She did something like insect or biological research in the jungles of Panama. She does have a sister though who lives in New York so it's probably that princess who does the architecture.

Before Olga started the butterfly studies and project, she studied interior design. One of her clients was famous shoe designer Christian Louboutin.

SpiffyBallerina said:
I don't think Princess Olga is in architecture. She did something like insect or biological research in the jungles of Panama. She does have a sister though who lives in New York so it's probably that princess who does the architecture.
I think that Princess Olga is in Architecture ,although insect biology sounds irrelevant to each other..They are both sciences that have immediate relation with enviroment,structure (society)and construction...

http://www.arch.columbia.edu/Students/Fall97/Of.Olga

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Does anyone know when her wedding has been re-scheduled for?

Lady Marmalade said:
Does anyone know when her wedding has been re-scheduled for?
"Early 2006". Apparently they (or the families!) decided that having a low-key Royal wedding on a Greek island was not the best idea, and arrangements are now being made to have something more suitably grand in a more accessable location.

The fact they were recently seen out and about together puts paid to those cynics who suggested the "postponement" was a polite way of saying it had been called off.

point de vue

Princess Olga and good friend Christian Louboutin at the opening of the new Louis Vuitton flagship store in Paris, Oct. 2005

point de vue

the same week her fiancé prince Aimone was at a private party at the Kremlin of the international antiques fair in Moscow. The party was given to raise money for the restauration of the Ostankino palace.

Does anybody have any idea of when their wedding is supposed to be now that it's already early 2006?

rchat said:
Does anybody have any idea of when their wedding is supposed to be now that it's already early 2006?

The only thing we know is that it'll be somewhere in spring,( maybe in Turin).

1.princess Olga, her father prince Michael of Greece and her sister princess Alexandra at a retrospective of their mother's art work in Athens. (point de vue)
2. In 1991 Olga & Alexandra in London
3. 1980, Olga with her sister and her mother
4. 2 years old in 1973 (Olga's on the right)
5. Olga and good friend Christian Louboutin in Paris when Diana Ross received an award

I think he would look better without the goat:rolleyes:

He is undoubtly very handsome and stylish! Princess Olga is devine!I can't wait to see their marriage!!

I realize this question may well be getting annoying, but what's up with Olga and Aimione's wedding plans? Any of you Point de Vue readers know more than I do?

"Princess"

laskaris said:
Princess Olga of Greece

This lady is certainly elegant but she is not a princess by any stretch of even Baron Munchausen's imagination and here follows why:
1) Her father, prince Michael is the son of prince Christopher of Greece who was the last child of King George I and Queen Olga. Based on the Hellenic Consitution in effect until the abolition of monarchy, there was provision for the the following titles: King, Queen, Diadoch (ΔιάδοχοΣ - Greek equivalent for Heir or Crown Prince) and Royal Children (ΒασιλόπαιδεΣ). Indeed, there was no provision of titles for the children of royal children, that is, the grand-children of monarchs. Thus, grand-children of monarchs were not princes or princesses.
2) There had been a long-standing tradition in Hellas (Greece) whereby Royal Children could not marry commoners to prevent non-royal social factions from abusing power etc. In result, even the marriage of King Alexander to Aspasia Manos was morganatic. Now, because Prince Christopher (Michael's father) married first a commoner (a 10 years older American millionairess, Ms Stewart), he had to resign his rights of succession to the throne [and it goes without saying that he ceased to be recognized as a Royal Child based on the (then) Hellenic Constitution]. So, even though Michael is the issue of Prince Christopher's second marriage to a Princess, namely Francoise de Guise, his father had already ceased to be a Prince of Greece.
3) When the serene and kind King Paul died, Constantine (still unmarried and without issue) ascended to the throne and, by some modification of precedent, a provision was made for women to ascend to the throne following which Constantine's younger sister, Princess Irene, became Diadoch (i.e. Heir to the throne) for about a year, until the birth of Alexia. At the same time, Peter, son of Prince George of Greece and grandson of King George I became illegitimately [since he was married to a Russian (?) commoner] the second in line of succession to the throne and, by some unclear manipulation, Michael was also illegitimately elevated to third in line of succession.
4) A year or so later, Michael married Marina Karella, the daughter of a peasant from Peloponnesus who had managed to dominate in the textile industry [their business became defunct in the late 80's]. This marriage was also morganatic and Michael resigned his rights to the throne, even though he had no rights to start with.

Now, if after all that, this elegant young lady is a princess, then, there are equal chances that I am L' Empereur de Toutes Russies.

Last edited:
At least she is as beautiful as a princess:p
I think it's kind of immature for us Hellenes to discharge one of the so few royals with Greek blood of their titles

She

is Princess and devine,Her Father is Prince,son of a Prince,Grandson of the first King of Greece!Her Mother is Princess by marriage and Famous artist!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom