Prince Nikolaos & Princess Tatiana current events 2: February 2016 - December 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other news about Princess tatiana: Princess Tatiana has been hired by the La Mer cosmetics brand.La Mer collaborates with a Foundation that protects the oceans (many of its cosmetics are made with seaweed), Tatiana will work on this project to raise awareness about the importance of conserving the marine ecosystem around the world.
And it is in Greece

Excellent analysis, I agree to all you said. I am Greek, I'm not a royalist but I feel ashamed and revolted for the behavior of the Greek government towards King Constantine. They treated him like a common criminal, even worst.
Deprive of a Greek nationality is not prevailed by the Constitution, and it happened only when the dictaturship of colonels did to Melina Mercouri...
King Costantine did if course mistakes but, even deposited, his presence could be only an asset for us, he deeply loves his country.
Queen Anne-Marie is a jewel for the country, classy, gentle and of a very high level of behavior and a ctions.
The GRF could have any right to hate Greece, but no, they love it.
Now for the 2 young princesses, Marie-Chantal and Tatiana.
I deeply respect Tatiana, for her integration, her efforts to promote Greece anywhere. She is a citizen of the world, and could live anywhere but she and Nikolaos choose Greece.
As for the language I'm persuaded, that she has already a good level.
Now for Marie-Chantal. I don't expect her to feel Greek or live in Greece. But I don't appreciate her using her fame as CP of Greece, and not doing any effort to be a little involved and to understand the country who gave her this title. It is nice to wear historical jewels, go to royal gatherings and doing business, but there his a slight effort to be done for this.
One point is sure for me. Imagine one day, Greek people calls back royal system, I'm persuaded they would choose Nikolaos and Tatiana as King and Queen.
I agree with Marengo
For me a Princess of Greece, has the right not to know Greek, or history, or live in Greece ... no one can demand otherwise, it is due to the behavior that the Greeks have had towards royal family. They took away their nationality , although the Greek Constitution says that it cannot be withdrawn, today, the government of Greece gives passports to Hollywood actors, athletes but the King Constantine was born in Greece and has not passport. They took away their properties ,and private belongings, even underwear of the family (nor with a ruling from an international court, which obliged the Greek state to return his properties to King Constantine) , they did campaign against them in international medios..... I remember that when the Prince Pavlos and the Princess Alexia weddings was celebrated in London, the Greek government threatened shipowners, athletes ... with retaliation if they went to that wedding.
I understand the position of Marie Chantal and her family, I would do the same as her.
I do not criticize this in Marie Chantal. I do not like the rich lifestyle of the Princess Marie chantal, with a lot of free time, and a constant display of luxury. I do not like that Marie Chantal treats her title of princess with contempt when in the interviews the headline is, "The Crown Princess of Greece". I would like to see her closer to the Greek royal family. But I understand that the princess does not know Greek, does not live in Greece, does not feel Greek, I would like her to know Greek, and feel Greek, but I understand her position.

I admire Princess Tatiana, for her lifestyle, she is always in solidarity projects, when she grants interviews she feels very proud of the title of princess, she does not see it as a burden, she has details with her father-in-law, such as congratulating him. his 80th birthday ... I see in Tatiana a more "royals "behavior, and in Marie Chantal I see a behavior more typical of the jet-set, of the rich, where the title of princess is a card that allows you to be in the magazines that talk about the royals, go to royal parties, this is what I don't like about her way of thinking.

Of the women of the Greek royal family, Queen Anna Maria is the best, and for me I admire her, she was born in Denmark, she was Queen of Greece, she lived in Greece for 3 years, and she, despite all that treatment that Greeks gave her, she loves Greece, speaks perfectly Greek, she educated her children in Greek, in culture. I admire her.
If I were her, I would not return to Greece in my life hahahaha, But she is a wonderful woman, she is a good woman, who does not know rancor, hatred ...

I want to ask forgive to the Greeks who are followers of the Greek royal family, my intention has not been to include them in this commentary, they are aware of the treatment that newspapers and politicians have given to their royal family. I appreciate them very much, to me is wonderful to open certain facebook groups about greek royal family and see the wonderful photos they have kept of King Constantine and Queen Anne Maria, and to all the family members their beautiful comments, and all the historical knowledge they keep, is fantastic, impressive.

Excellent analysis, I agree to all you said. I am Greek, I'm not a royalist but I feel ashamed and revolted for the behavior of the Greek government towards King Constantine. They treated him like a common criminal, even worst.
Deprive of a Greek nationality is not prevailed by the Constitution, and it happened only when the dictaturship of colonels did to Melina Mercouri...
King Costantine did if course mistakes but, even deposited, his presence could be only an asset for us, he deeply loves his country.
Queen Anne-Marie is a jewel for the country, classy, gentle and of a very high level of behavior and a ctions.
The GRF could have any right to hate Greece, but no, they love it.
Now for the 2 young princesses, Marie-Chantal and Tatiana.
I deeply respect Tatiana, for her integration, her efforts to promote Greece anywhere. She is a citizen of the world, and could live anywhere but she and Nikolaos choose Greece.
As for the language I'm persuaded, that she has already a good level.
Now for Marie-Chantal. I don't expect her to feel Greek or live in Greece. But I don't appreciate her using her fame as CP of Greece, and not doing any effort to be a little involved and to understand the country who gave her this title. It is nice to wear historical jewels, go to royal gatherings and doing business, but there his a slight effort to be done for this.
One point is sure for me. Imagine one day, Greek people calls back royal system, I'm persuaded they would choose Nikolaos and Tatiana as King and Queen.
Agree that Nikolaos and Taitiana should be King and Quen but they will not have hairs , so that is a problem

Agree that Nikolaos and Taitiana should be King and Quen but they will not have hairs , so that is a problem
It happened in the past, King Alexander was succeeded by his brother King George 1st, and then by King Pavlos the first.
And in more recent occidental royalty, King Albert succeeded his brother King Beaudoin, who was childless.

It happened in the past, King Alexander was succeeded by his brother King George 1st, and then by King Pavlos the first.
And in more recent occidental royalty, King Albert succeeded his brother King Beaudoin, who was childless.

And what about Philippos and Nina? If they will have children there will also be heirs. Or is this couple also not based in Greece like Pavlos and Marie-Chantal?

Philippos and Theodora, are 'less' Greece oriented, even their Greek language is less perfect that of the 3 first siblings.

From Pcs Tatiana Instagram, a message of Pcs Nikolaos about his action.
The funny think is that despite his English is perfect.. He has a slight Greek accent

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHnnBB6g_fP/?igshid=1uq7skk0xjnwy
And what about Philippos and Nina? If they will have children there will also be heirs. Or is this couple also not based in Greece like Pavlos and Marie-Chantal?

Today I have been consulting the instagram of Princess Tatiana, I have found this post, from a week ago, she traveled to Kythira. In the post she says "Feeling truly blessed to call Greece home..."I admire Tatiana how she has integrated into Greece her home.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHEAj4blhZE/
Isn't Princess Tatiana the only Greek Princess who actually resides in Greece?

Isn't Princess Tatiana the only Greek Princess who actually resides in Greece?
Princess Irini also spends last periods in Greece, unless the last years.
But from the young Generation yes only Princess Tatiana

That Nikolaos and Tatiana live and work in Greece and call it their home is great and they seem dedicated but I can't fault Pavlos and MC for not also moving their family and lives to Greece in the last few years.

If they were actually a reigning dynasty they would be a pretty terrible CP couple if they were still living their lives in the US and UK as they are now but they aren't and never will be for much bigger reasons than not living in Greece or their shallow, wealthy lifestyle, so it's a moot point. And whether they live in Greece or not their titles now longer hold any legal power.

Last edited:
Princess Irini also spends last periods in Greece, unless the last years.
But from the young Generation yes only Princess Tatiana

Princess Irene is a Spanish citizen now and her principal residence is Zarzuela now.

I think she will remain in Spain so long as older sister is still there.

:previous:I love these photos, I would like all the members of the royal family who have an Instagram account, they share more photos with King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie.??:pQueen Anne-Marie is wonderful ?

Princess Tatiana spotted in the streets of Athens

https://www.yupiii.gr/Content/Image...jpg?width=1000&quality=81&watermark=exclusive
https://www.yupiii.gr/Content/Image...jpg?width=1000&quality=81&watermark=exclusive

These photos were taken before the mandatory use of the mask.

Princess Tatiana:

"Lighting the first candle of advent:

The candles on the Advent wreath symbolize hope, love, joy and peace. ...

With love from our home to yours : wishing you all the above and - of course, health as we head into December."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIL9DO3FIp_/

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Tatiana:

"Lighting the first candle of advent:

The candles on the Advent wreath symbolize hope, love, joy and peace. ...

With love from our home to yours : wishing you all the above and - of course, health as we head into December."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIL9DO3FIp_/

She is ignorant in that we don't do Xmas Advent in Greece.
What a poor excuse for a 'Greek' princess, to refer to 'tradition' and be ignorant of what the traditions of the country she claims to be hers are...

What a poor excuse for a 'Greek' princess, to refer to 'tradition' and be ignorant of what the traditions of the country she claims to be hers are...
It's apparently a tradition that Tatiana herself, like many other Europeans, grew up with. Nowhere did she state that it was a Greek tradition,but I guess it's always possible to find faults in others if you really want too.

Does she have to abandon her own tradition because she is married into GRF? Does that means after a woman gets married, her family tradition should not be considered as her tradition anymore? That sounds pretty ignorant to me. :ermm:

Does she have to abandon her own tradition because she is married into GRF? Does that means after a woman gets married, her family tradition should not be considered as her tradition anymore? That sounds pretty ignorant to me. :ermm:

Her formal title is "Princess Nikolaou of Greece". Which means that it's not any random family that she got into, but a royal house -and one which, for that matter, has a very contested relationship with its country, which they must continue to do their best to solidify. In this case, yes, the 'tradition' they evoke publicly, should be that of the royal house and the country they live in.
Jmho.

She is using the hashtags #tradition and #family on an Instragram page called 'Tatiana Blatnik' (not 'princess Nikolaos of Greece' although she is often seen highlighting Greek-related content). So, indeed, she is sharing their personal family tradition and is not pretending to be celebrating a Greek tradition. So, I truly don't see the problem.

Other royal families also have foreign brides and while in the 'larger picture' they are indeed expected to adhere to the family they married into, everyone knows that in some ways they of course will keep some of their own traditions alive. This seems a small tradition that is apparently meaningful to Tatiana, so imho there is nothing wrong with sharing that with the world.

It's her own tradition and clearly meaningful to her. Looking back at her Instagram last year she didn't post anything for Advent or Christmas (or other festivals) but maybe like many of us she felt inspired to share a little peace and hope as a few more royals and famous people have explicitly talked about advent this year I've seen.

Nikolaos wasn't shown with her and it wasn't shown to be a part of her support of Greece or the GRF. Perhaps they will also show their Greek celebrations as it gets closer to the important days and traditions for Greece.

If they want to carve out any meaningful role in Greek society as a non reigning house, then yes it's important to be known as Greek but I don't think most people will begrudge her or any other "married in" this and it's not going to be the thing that sways anyone's mind.

So many of Britain's most beloved Christmas traditions both religious and more secular came from Prince Albert, despite him being a somewhat controversial figure at the time.

Her formal title is "Princess Nikolaou of Greece". Which means that it's not any random family that she got into, but a royal house -and one which, for that matter, has a very contested relationship with its country, which they must continue to do their best to solidify. In this case, yes, the 'tradition' they evoke publicly, should be that of the royal house and the country they live in.
Jmho.
I guessed you missed her Instagram story where she showed the advent wreath with four candles that Queen Anne Marie has in her house.

It is true that it is not a Greek tradition, but I would like you to see the instagram and facebook accounts of many Greeks, BORN in Greece, they have also decorated their houses and the lighting of the candles, and all this they have made photos that they have shared in their accounts. i have friend in facebook,and they have published photos of it, following their own ritual, but same tradition.
You don't have to be born in another country to take on a beautiful tradition.
Santa Claus isn't Greek either, but he arrived to Greece 60s.

https://www.unblock.gr/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/442.jpg

In Glyfada, in the south of Athens they have placed a 10 meter Santa Claus.

"the advent wreath with four candles that Princess tatiana published in her account of instagram,in stories section was in her house.

Last edited:
I agree with you, the Greeks have assumed many traditions from other countries, and I think there are many of us who decorate our houses with trees, ribbons, Christmas balls ... but we keep our traditions, which I think is the relevant, we accept other traditions, but we do not allow our traditions to disappear.

I don’t think it’s nice to call Tatiana ignorant just because she posted something remotely Greek in tradition.

In fact, Tatiana has consistently promoted Greece in social media, her writing and her initiatives to support, preserve and promote Greek artisanship and specifically crafts via TRIA ETC.

Happy Name Day today to Prince Nikolaos!!

Wishes by Princess Tatiana:

"Xronia Polla Nikolaos :)
"Χρόνια πολλά!!!" Happy Name Day.

Happy we are here, in Greece, to watch the sunset and the sunrise every day"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIdnHIAslyv/

And a family dinner with a Royal touch!

https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn....=a99976e7aa6eecbf0813a7bc0b31b0ef&oe=5FF41CF1

A beautiful Princess Tatiana for the Harper's Bazaar Greece!

https://www.harpersbazaar.gr/moda/n...ozarei-sto-exofullo-tou-harpers-bazaar-greece

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:Princess Tatiana is my favorite princess, but I admit that following her on instagram is very boring,:ermm: the subject of health, food ... are very repetitives. I think that Tatiana has to go thinking about motherhood. A baby would change her life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom