The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-25-2012, 07:14 AM
Heir Apparent

It appears rather interesting to me that Nikolaos is wearing such a bracelet, but not his wedding ring. IMHO, there must be something wrong with their marriage at the moment. If this is indeed the case, I hope they will sort it out soon!

Old 04-25-2012, 07:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
It appears rather interesting to me that Nikolaos is wearing such a bracelet, but not his wedding ring. IMHO, there must be something wrong with their marriage at the moment. If this is indeed the case, I hope they will sort it out soon!

About the braclet - To me as the Orthodox Christian it is nothing strange, because it is a habit most people are wearing
About the wedding ring , I don't see picture when can see if he is wearing or not , and as a reminder Orthodox wear the ring on the right hand

Old 04-25-2012, 07:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post

About the braclet - To me as the Orthodox Christian it is nothing strange, because it is a habit most people are wearing

Yes, I've seen such rosaries a million times before, I didn't imply that it's something extraordinary. People buy them from Athos and many other Greek monasteries offer them, too.
If I remember correctly, Prince Paul used to wear one as well.

MagMil, the thing is PN isn't wearing a ring on any hand.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
IMHO, there must be something wrong with their marriage at the moment. If this is indeed the case, I hope they will sort it out soon!
The couple were together during Easter visiting Crete and they looked happy and in love so its possible the Princess was invited but could not attend because of other obligations
Old 04-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Not sure how it works in Greece, but here in Armenia (a fellow Orthodox country) few people opt to wear wedding rings on daily basis.
I don't think there is anything wrong with the marriage; as Lia pointed out, they appeared to be quite happy during all of their recent joint outings, so I wouldn't worry.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Not sure how it works in Greece, but here in Armenia (a fellow Orthodox country) few people opt to wear wedding rings on daily basis.
I don't think there is anything wrong with the marriage; as Lia pointed out, they appeared to be quite happy during all of their recent joint outings, so I wouldn't worry.
Here in Greece they usually wear them but i noticed that the King doesn't wear his ring either. Also we put the ring on our right hand but i have noticed the the GRF male members have a family ring at their last finger so maybe its not comfortable to have a ring on the next one.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:23 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lia View Post
Here in Greece they usually wear them but i noticed that the King doesn't wear his ring either. Also we put the ring on our right hand but i have noticed the the GRF male members have a family ring at their last finger so maybe its not comfortable to have a ring on the next one.
Thanks for the information!
We put both the engagement and the wedding rings on the left ring finger, not right.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
People do love to jump to conclusions don't they.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I can see why people do that, I have also started to wonder what's up with them and especially with Tatiana. As far as I remember, apart from one or two photos of them at Tatoi we haven't seen them together since the alleged pregnancy announcement and that was last year. It's fairly untypical for Tatiana to stay out of the limelight for such a long time, I was surprised that she didn't accompany her husband to Romania. I hope everything is okay though.

Quote:
The couple were together during Easter visiting Crete and they looked happy and in love so its possible the Princess was invited but could not attend because of other obligations
Are there any pictures from the visit to Crete? Haven't seen anything like that.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

At this point we won't continue speculating about the state of the marriage of the couple,
let's please concentrate on the actual current events instead. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Are there any pictures from the visit to Crete? Haven't seen anything like that.
Yes here is a link of a greek on-line page with photos

http://blogs.gossip-tv.gr/tsimtsilic...s-stin-knwsso/

They visited Knossos ancient city and palace.

Also the tour was in greek so the princess must already be at a good comprehension level!!
Old 04-26-2012, 06:52 AM
Serene Highness

They have the alliances, but in the little finger, first the alliance and then a ring, to properly secure the alliance. it is because they are fatter .

In 2009 ,the Kings were in Crete and soon after, I saw pictures where the King wore a similar bracelet. This must be a tradition of Crete .
I have founf it, the King had bracelet...
http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/a...EPIDAURI12.jpg

and Bracelet of Nikolaos
http://www.princeradublog.ro/wp-cont...ter-2012-1.jpg
Old 04-26-2012, 07:49 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Yes here is a link of a greek on-line page with photos

http://blogs.gossip-tv.gr/tsimtsilic...s-stin-knwsso/

They visited Knossos ancient city and palace.

Also the tour was in greek so the princess must already be at a good comprehension level!!
Thanks a bunch, Lia! Good to see them together and it's only been a few days ago.

I heard they plan to buy a house in Crete? Has anyone heard similar things?
Old 04-26-2012, 07:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Thanks a bunch, Lia! Good to see them together and it's only been a few days ago.

I heard they plan to buy a house in Crete? Has anyone heard similar things?
You are welcome!!

No i have not heard rumors about a house, i think that they travel around Greece to meet their country and then decide where they would like to have a home.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Nobility

I have read many times that comment: "they could buy one home : In Mykonos, in Athens, Spetses....hahaha. I think they would build a house on the property that the kings bought near Porto Heli, this is very big . this is my thinking
Old 05-16-2012, 03:42 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Tatiana has attended the Missoni lunch at the Missoni store, Bond Street in London on May 15, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 05-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Nobility

(..) She is beautful!!!!
Old 05-19-2012, 03:17 AM
Heir Apparent

IMHO, this girl beside her is more beautiful. Who is she?
Old 05-19-2012, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator

Speculative posts have been removed. Please note that we won't start the pregnancy discussion again untill an official announcement was made! Thanks for your understanding!
Old 05-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
IMHO, this girl beside her is more beautiful. Who is she?
Which one do you mean? The lady pictured with Tatiana on pic 1 is Cavan Mahony who works for Missoni,
the lady on pic 2 is Amanda Ferry, wife of singer Bryan Ferry and on pic 5 you can see Sasha Volkova, a model

Tags
prince nikolaos, princess tatiana of greece, royal house of greece