Are the Orleans-Braganza in the line of succession to the French throne?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lecen

Commoner
City
Denver
Country
United States
Read a text abou the Pacte du Famille from 1909 when supposedly the Orleans-Braganza were accepted in the line of succession tot he french throne.

Link: The 1909 "Pacte de Famille" of the House of Orléans

So, I have three questions:

1) Did the Head of the Royal House give the title "Prince of Orleans-Braganza" to every single male-born child of this branch, no more it´s nationality, type of marraige, etc...?

2) Are the Orleans-Braganza accepted by french to be in the line of succession?

3) What are your thoughts on the subject?

This pact of family is made only in the topic of the orleanist point of view. To them, the Orléans-Braganza are not successible as gone to a foreign country.

As I am a legitimist, I consider them successible to the French throne, after all the descendance of Louis XIV (about 70 princes), after the elder line of Orléans, and before the line of the Orléans-Galliera.

The former duke of Anjou and Cádiz, considered that all members of the House of Bourbons (Orléans included) who lacked another title, could be called "princes of Bourbon", or "princes of Orléans", etc. I don't think this is official.

This pact of family is made only in the topic of the orleanist point of view. To them, the Orléans-Braganza are not successible as gone to a foreign country.

As I am a legitimist, I consider them successible to the French throne, after all the descendance of Louis XIV (about 70 princes), after the elder line of Orléans, and before the line of the Orléans-Galliera.

The former duke of Anjou and Cádiz, considered that all members of the House of Bourbons (Orléans included) who lacked another title, could be called "princes of Bourbon", or "princes of Orléans", etc. I don't think this is official.

Oh no, my question is not about legitimist vs. orleanist.

I just want to know if the Orleans-Braganza are or not in the line of succession.

And more: was it or not created the title "Prince of Orleans-Braganza" created for them?

Please, excuse me for not having been clear enough, an for my bad English.
The Orléans Braganza are in the line of succession for the legitimists, and not for the orleanists. This is why I was forced to use these words to answer you...
I don't think any title have been created officially, but these titles are used by both branches.

Please, excuse me for not having been clear enough, an for my bad English.
The Orléans Braganza are in the line of succession for the legitimists, and not for the orleanists. This is why I was forced to use these words to answer you...
I don't think any title have been created officially, but these titles are used by both branches.

Do you have something to prove what you said about the orleanist not accepting the orleans-braganza as being in the line of succession?

I´d like to know more about that.

Welle, it is in the text of the "Pacte de Famille", that François Velde translated, s you see on the link you sent...
This text proves that in 1909, the Orléans head of house did not consider the Orléans Braganza as dynasts for France, clearly.
I have never been aware of any change in their position, as such change would be contrary to the only argument against the elder ones : the fact that they pretend that leaving France, for a prince, excludes him definitely from the succession. If they admit the Orléans Braganza, they should admit the elder Bourbons so the legitimist point of view.

Before he married Dona Isabel, Princess Imperial of Brazil, did Gaston d'Orleans have to sign any paperwork in which he renounced his rights to the French throne?

Before he married Dona Isabel, Princess Imperial of Brazil, did Gaston d'Orleans have to sign any paperwork in which he renounced his rights to the French throne?

Yes, the Count of Eu formally renounced his rights to the French Throne. That's why none of his children were Royal Highnesses until the signature of Pact of Brussels, in 1909, which created the title Prince/Princess of Orleans-Braganza, with the style of Royal Highness.

Until then, Princes and Princesses of Brazil were "only" Highnesses, with the exception of the Prince Imperial, the Prince of Grão-Pará and their wives, who were Imperial Highnesses.

The descendants of the Count of Eu and Princess Isabel can only claim the French Throne after the extinction of the other branches of the House of Orleans.

Back
Top Bottom