State Visit from Germany to Luxembourg: November 3-5, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's great to see that both guillaume and stephanie will play a big role in the visit! i'm already looking forward to seeing which tiaras the ladies choose for the gala.

I agree with you, carlota. The Nassau tiara collection is magnificent, and thank goodness they don't believe in letting it go to waste!;)

I am looking forward to seeing gala ensembles.

It is nice to see that Grand Duchess Maria Teresa has recovered from her surgery.

What surgery did the GDss have?
Isn´t it normally the Crown Princess, in this case, hereditary Grand Duchess, to be female hostess if the monarch´s wife is unable to attend (and not the Crown Prince)?!

Will TRH Prince Félix & Princess Claire of Luxembourg be attending the gala tonight?

Last edited:
Oh, no! No white tie...! And no spectacular jewels, only very modest ones...

Last edited:
But there are tiaras, only just small ones! Stephanie wears the amethyst tiara and necklace and the tiara of MT is difficult to see. Let's wait for better pictures. The gentleman are in black tie, which is kind of disappointing.

But there are tiaras, only just small ones! Stephanie wears the amethyst tiara and necklace and the tiara of MT is difficult to see. Let's wait for better pictures. The gentleman are in black tie, which is kind of disappointing.

Are all State Visits in Luxembourg normally White tie affairs?

Yes, there are tiaras. But, as I said, very modest ones - rather like bandeaus.

Yes, there are tiaras. But, as I said, very modest ones - rather like bandeaus.
I didn't expect a really big tiara for Stephanie, but what is Maria Theresa wearing? When I enlarge the picture it reminds me of non of the tiaras I know.

I like the dresses of the ladies, all of them look great, imo.

Last edited:
Hurray...tiaras at last! Three cheers for the Grand Ducal Royal ladies!:p

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2577111.html

The above link contains photos of the State Visit from Germany (Day 1)

It seems to me that Grand Duchess Maria Teresa opted for the citrine tiara, and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie wore something with amethysts to match her dress.

Last edited:
Low hey tiaras but wonderful evening dress for the Grand Duchess

Yes, see: Beatrix of Orange-Nassau meets Henri of Nassau:

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c648253ef01676414313b970b-pi

They seem to make a difference of visits between royals and royals and royals and republican heads of state these days.
When you look at state visit photographs from the old days, the dress code was always the same: A state visit as a mark of diplomacy at its highest and grandest level required always white tie/ uniform, orders and jewelry.

And Mrs. Schadt seems to make a difference when it comes to hats: When she meets Kings and Queens, she always used to wear a hat. At the Grand Duchy however, she didn´t...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom