Imperial Family of Japan Current Events 2: June 2008 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping that we'll see photos from the Imperial Family's balcony appearance.

Thanks for the photos!:flowers:
The Imperial family appear to be cheerful. I wish we are able to see closer shots of the Imperial family.

Bigger version of the new years' offical photos taken on Dec. 16, 2009.

Source: Reuters via Daylife

Thanks at last we can see better the children !

are there any pictures of the new years balcony appearance in the palace?

Thanks for the photos !
It is always a pleasure to see the Imperial family greeting well-wishers. It would have been great to see other members of the Imperial family as well.

how many balcony appearances are there with the ocassion of new years?

how many balcony appearances are there with the ocassion of new years?

I think there are 5 appearances in all.

Maybe I missed a post somewhere (sorry if I did), but why was Princess Aiko absent from the family outing to the zoo? Was she sick?

Laduchesse,
if you mean their trip to Yokohama's children playground - yes - the Pss Toshinomiya caught some cold.

Yes, any other photos? It would be great to see the extended imperial family in formal attire as it is rather rare.

Thanks for photos!
It is nice to see members of the extended Imperial family and is sad that Crown Princess Masako did not attend the event. Although Princess Kiko looked really nice, I am not keen on her dress.

Thanks so much for the pictures! I believe I spy Princess Hitachi in one of them wearing the Sunburst tiara...

Thanks for that picture of Masako! Those tiaras do look similar from a distance.

Thank you for sharing the photos of this gala. Too bad Masako couldn't be there.

That's a rather impressive group of tiara-wearing women bowing to the Emperor and Empress in the last Belga photo. I recognize Princess Kiko and Princess Hitachi, but not the others. Are they members of the extended royal family?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyodo News reported HIH Prince Tomohito of Mikasa, a cousin of Emperor Akihito, had entered Kyoundo Hospital in Tokyo on February 2nd for treatment for an irregular heartbeat.

Prince Mikasa, 94 years old, uncle of Emperor Akihito, was discharged on March 18th from St. Luke's International Hospital in Tokyo after undergoing cataract surgery for his left eye, the Imperial Household Agency said.
Kyodo

TIM the Emperor and the Empress hosted the annual spring garden party on in the Akasaka imperial garden in Tokyo's Motoakasaka district on April 15.
The Crown Prince, the prince and princess Akishino, the prince and princess Hitachi, the princess Takamado and the princess Mikasa Akiko were also present.
Some 2,500 people were invited to the garden party hosted by the emperor.

Emperor Akihito talks to Vancouver Olympic medalists during an annual spring garden party - Kyodo
*Pic 1* *Pic 2* *Pic 3* *Pic 4* *Pic 5* *Pic 6* - credits AP, Getty, Reuters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom