The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 13: November 2019 - May 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That suit is magnificently horrible. I humbly request that Camilla recycles it into cushion pads for the dog beds.

Camilla sure does like her polka dots! I'm on the fence about this dress from her.

I like the dress but not with that jewellery.

The dress is fine, the earrings are fine, the necklace is fine, but somehow I'm not loving the the total effect. I actually am preferring the photo when she still has the red wrap around her shoulders, there's something about all three of the other elements combined that doesn't seem quite right to me.

:previous:

ITA Itsa. All of the components are nice, and she looks lovely, but as a whole she doesn't look as put together & coordinated as we are used to seeing.

I like the dress and colour combination. I wonder if this might have looked better were it ankle length. I don’t think I can recall the Duchess wearing this length and think it might suit her with the appropriate heel. Incidentally the lady in the left is wearing a beautiful dress.

I like the length.
Camilla and Charles look very smart together.

Good on Katie Perry for her appointment.

The Duchess of Cornwall visiting Barnardo's Child and Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Services in London this morning, February 5:

** Full view ** Upper part ** February 2019 **

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cornwall at the Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre Stanford Hall, Stanford on Soar, Loughborough today, February 11:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cornwall at the Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre Stanford Hall, Stanford on Soar, Loughborough today, February 11:

I am not a fan of the top Camilla has worn under the coat. Perhaps a black roll neck jumper might have worked better.

I love this coat & hat on Camilla - I'm all in favour of hats for daytime events. Any excuse, put one on! I agree with Muriel about the blouse.

This coat looks a little tired...

Sleeves and upper part have perma-wrinkles. And the color of that blouse does Camilla no favors- very unbecoming.

But I covet that green handbag!

In the interest of fairness, I will make the same comment here that I made for Kate. If you are going to a rehabilitation hospital something bright and cheerful would seem to be more appropriate than something dark. As ladongas said above, the coat is rather tired looking. I think a lot of Camilla's coats are starting to look that way. I think she needs a wardrobe refresh.

One doesn’t have to be in bright circus tent colours to look cheerful. The green is a nice shade for late winter. I quite like the coat on her and love the hat.

I don’t like the blouse which looks wrinkly though.

the coat is rather tired looking. I think a lot of Camilla's coats are starting to look that way. I think she needs a wardrobe refresh.

Or a better dresser? I have winter coats that have had more wear than hers & still look good. Maybe take some tips from 'The Queen of Old Coats' Princess Anne on how to store & press them (or rather whoever does it for her). Yes, I'd love to cull a lot of Anne's wardrobe but that's more about the style than how tired they look.

This seems a poor fit to me and I dislike the shade of green. Altogether a poor day for these normally stylish royal ladies.

The Duchess of Cornwall hosted a reception at Clarence House for SafeLives today, February 12:

** Full view **

The Duchess of Cornwall hosted a reception at Clarence House for SafeLives today, February 12:

** Full view **

This dress reminds me of my cheerleading days. (Rah rah ree! Kick ‘em in the knee! Rah rah rass! Kick ‘em in the other knee!)
But she does look kinda cute.

A little over fussy for my taste but I like the colour with black accessories and trim. I wish she would embrace the trend for a slightly longer length, particularly with coats.

Camilla looks great in that coat but I'd remove the black pads if I were designing it myself.

The Duchess of Cornwall in red at a reception for the Versus Arthritis charity at Clarence House last night:

And in blue in London today:

** Full view **

Last edited:
The duchess looked lovely in her red dress last night at Clarence House.

The Duchess of Cornwall in red at a reception for the Versus Arthritis charity at Clarence House last night:

Great style of dress, and the colour works well for Camilla.

And in blue in London today:

** Full view **

I cannot claim to be a fan of this ensemble. To me, it does not appear that the coat fits well at all, and I really do not like that top she has on at all.

Vogue?

I may be misremembering what happened, but there was a story that Vogue assisted Diana in changing her wardrobe and grooming from shy teenaged governess to Princess of Wales stylish.

Camilla’s wardrobe never looks quite as polished and professional as it should. I understand that she’s semi-elderly, and doesn’t have a model-like figure, but she has a number of outfits that look more like the school dinner lady’s clothes than that of a future Queen Consort.

Vogue, where are you when you’re needed?

I may be misremembering what happened, but there was a story that Vogue assisted Diana in changing her wardrobe and grooming from shy teenaged governess to Princess of Wales stylish.

Camilla’s wardrobe never looks quite as polished and professional as it should. I understand that she’s semi-elderly, and doesn’t have a model-like figure, but she has a number of outfits that look more like the school dinner lady’s clothes than that of a future Queen Consort.

Vogue, where are you when you’re needed?

First maybe Camilla doesn't care that much about others' opinions and above all feels comfortable the way she dresses. Appropriate comes to mind.
Second Diana was like 20 something when she had this makeover. You just can't compare with a 70 years old woman.
I bet Camilla would be the first to laugh at the frivolous idea of a "Vogue" makeover. It's just not her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom