The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see her wear something very soft and romantic sometime, empire waist. Perfect to wear while pregnant and she has the stature and shape to really pull it off.

LaRae

This dress is a work of art. Stunning !

Wow........marvelous how well Catherine wears this gown, she looks stunning and this was made just for her. Love the color, beautiful and so soft looking. Ah the shoes, perfect on her. Love her hair this length also........a perfect 10 tonight!

This probably by far one of my favourite dresses from Catherine this year, it's absolutely breathtaking. It just glitters and shines wherever she goes - I would have loved to have seen it in person.

The duchess looks gorgeous and the gown really is marvellous.

Absolutely breathtaking! Love the the way it fits and shimmers. Beautiful color on her.

Outstanding! :flowers: Exquisite dress, will make the list of one of my favorite. Beautiful color on her. As someone mentioned, would love to see this in person. Second best is video. Maybe someone will post a video. :cool:

The blue gown is one of the most stunning gowns she has worn. A beautiful color and great details. It's an incredible gown.

OOOOOH that back! Lovely choice for the performance. The hem is a bit faddy, but it's great for someone who needs not trip. Earrings are perfection with the dress. Nice shoes.

And I love the shorter hair. She looks much more balanced with it this length and in a gown.

Can I also compliment those gorgeous dusty pink roses in the bouquet? They were spectacular.

It doesn't get much better for her. This is a gown to remember.

LaRae

Lovely color and beautiful beeding. :flowers: So happy for no lace.

Only thing I don't like is sheer layer is longer then the under skirt, distracting.

No need for empire waste flowing style yet. Considering her fitted jacket and skinny jeans the other day, nothing to hide just yet.

Thank you, Pranter. :flowers: Must be great in low lighting/candles. Must shimmer and sparkle. I wonder if it's uncomfortable to sit on, though. That occurs to me. Also lovely seeing how William and Catherine work as a team. He is always conscious of her placement around him. Good to see. I give her props for venturing out pregnant like that under the camera's glare.

It doesn't get much better for her. This is a gown to remember. LaRae

Agree 100%. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good question about sitting...my guess (or what'd I do) is pull some of that outer layer up as a sat ...probably not super comfortable but the price of being a princess I guess!

(..)

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, looks like there are not many who don't like it and I am one. I don't like the sheer weight of sequins and crystals and the unfinished wrists and hemline just look tacky. Had the hem finished where the lining did it would have looked great but it as it is it is a bit too long and just plain distracting.

Catherine has pulled off some really lovely maternity looks but this wasn't one of them. From what I saw on the video the styling was reminiscent of a shapeless sack and did nothing to flatter her figure, quite the opposite in fact. It also looked like it would be some kind of medieval torture to sit in it all evening.

Catherine's hair, unfortunately, was a total fail as instead of having her hair styled she went for the usual tumbled curls which, for a daytime engagement would have been terrific but for a grand and sparkling occasion like this she needed a "hairstyle" or an updo that didn't leave her endlessly trying to tuck it behind her ears, on the other hand, her makeup looked really nice and her earrings are, without doubt, a knockout. Loved her Jenny Packham Casa clutch and her Oscar de la Renta Cabrina scalloped court shoes are to die for.

I'm also loving this new icy blue gown. It must look incredible under the lights with all those sparkling details. It would have been better if the hem finished where the lining did but at least it ended at her ankles and not higher, e.g at her knees. And come to think of it, then the sheer beauty of the outer fabric was more visible without the lining, so it was good that we got to see glimpse of it without the distracting lining.
Her hair look good at this shorter length and they were beautifully styled. Those shoes were absolutely perfect with this dress.

Last edited:
Okay, looks like there are not many who don't like it and I am one. I don't like the sheer weight of sequins and crystals and the unfinished wrists and hemline just look tacky. Had the hem finished where the lining did it would have looked great but it as it is it is a bit too long and just plain distracting.

No, you are not alone, while I like the colour I don't like the style at all, it's such a sequine overkill, as if Jenny P. had put everything on the dress that was around, far too busy to look delicate. I prefer by far the similar Alexander McQueen dress she owns. https://pmcfootwearnews.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/kate-middleton-prince-william-2.jpg?w=1170

The color was great but the sequins was way too much. The lining was too short compared to the dress which was weird and very distracting on an evening dress. I personally think that this dress did not flatter Catherine in anyway.

No, you are not alone, while I like the colour I don't like the style at all, it's such a sequine overkill, as if Jenny P. had put everything on the dress that was around, far too busy to look delicate. I prefer by far the similar Alexander McQueen dress she owns. https://pmcfootwearnews.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/kate-middleton-prince-william-2.jpg?w=1170

I have to agree with you. The first thing I noticed about the recent Packham dress is that it would have looked much nicer had the hems of the liner and the overlay were the same length. It screams "this is a sparkly film over a lining" rather than present the dress as a whole. Like a Christmas tree with too much tinsel, you don't actually see the tree.

With the McQueen dress, its blatantly obvious that less is more.

Not a fan either...kept thinking an updo would maybe be better but looked unfinished and too busy imo.

I liked it, especially the colour and the paillettes, my one quibbilino being the transparent section at the bottom.. no idea what 'that was about', or the reason for it !

I'm also loving this new icy blue gown. It must look incredible under the lights with all those sparkling details. It would have been better if the hem finished where the lining did but at least it ended at her ankles and not higher, e.g at her knees. And come to think of it, then the sheer beauty of the outer fabric was more visible without the lining, so it was good that we got to see glimpse of it without the distracting lining.
Her hair look good at this shorter length and they were beautifully styled. Those shoes were absolutely perfect with this dress.

I wholeheartedly agree Mari-Anne. The hem was my only quibble about this new gown. It's rare that Kate opts for highly embellished evening wear when she's not pregnant, so it was a treat to see her moving outside of her safer choices IMO.

She has important "dressy events coming up - Scandinavian Tour and possibly the Diplomatic Reception.

I think that the looseness of the overlay allows for changes as her pregnancy progresses and that the "lining" has stretch - so its a dress that could be worn for the next few months.

It also looks as if it could be altered post pregnancy.

I thought she looked very good

:previous: Third pregnancy, she certainly has other evening gowns she can recycle. I doubt we will see this one recycled so soon for the tour or other big events.

She has important "dressy events coming up - Scandinavian Tour and possibly the Diplomatic Reception.

I think that the looseness of the overlay allows for changes as her pregnancy progresses and that the "lining" has stretch - so its a dress that could be worn for the next few months.

It also looks as if it could be altered post pregnancy.

I thought she looked very good

Good points cepe because the dress can be worn for private as well as public events that will be on her calendar throughout this trimester and for post pregnancy use.

:previous: Third pregnancy, she certainly has other evening gowns she can recycle. I doubt we will see this one recycled so soon for the tour or other big events.

Not sure there are many gowns from previous pregnancies that can be used. The only one I can think of is the navy Packham one she wore at theNPG when she wore the Nizam necklace and then again in NYC when she wore the emerald chandelier's.

Not sure there are many gowns from previous pregnancies that can be used. The only one I can think of is the navy Packham one she wore at theNPG when she wore the Nizam necklace and then again in NYC when she wore the emerald chandelier's.

Why not? I don't see any reason she couldn't reuse maternity gowns from previous pregnancies. Is there a rule she can only reuse ones that are less then 2 years old????

As she gets further along, she will be third trimester in Scandinavia or close to, she will need more room. No need to spend money on a gown she can only wear during pregnancy, especially if this is her last. She has gorgeous gowns and evening looks.

either of these would look fantastic later on, have the flowing ability for evening look on tour.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/38/28/72/382872945dd7278c9041f677485b60e2.jpg

https://www.google.ca/search?q=kate...AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=618#imgrc=ytZJFc4TcW89vM:

other looks she can wear during pregnancy

http://www.mylusciouslife.com/wp-co...d full skirted summer dress cocktail gown.jpg

http://www.maternitysale.com.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/kate-middleton.jpg

Kate also has a number of non maternity flowy dresses and evening looks which likely could be easily worn, maybe with alteration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom