The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not my favorite but it makes sense to recycle third trimester pieces IMO.

I just dislike animal prints...any animal prints.
They just don't appeal to me.

I was undecided about the pink hat but am leaning towards the negative. For some reason Kate seems to love hats by Jane Taylor, but I think almost every other milliner produces a more flattering look.

I hope not beacuse I really dislike that coat. I think she will stick with the one that she wore in 2012 and 2013.

Not sure if that coat will fit by St. Patrick's day as she wore that earlier in her pregnancy with George.

I think it will be a new maternity dark green coat dress on St. Patrick's day.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I certainly hope she will wear something new in the coat department! At the very least, I hope that it will be longer...

The mint green Boy Scout one was a little earlier in the George pregnancy. She just recycled 2 of the 3 outfits from June 2013 which is 8 month period. The only outfit left is the coronation annv. McQueen? which was a light peachy color IIRC so not really St Paddy's day color.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I hope not beacuse I really dislike that coat. I think she will stick with the one that she wore in 2012 and 2013.

Not her best coat.

Why not wear the white one, and accessorize with green?

The green suits duchess perfectly, even despite different fashion details.

I would love if she wore the white coat with green accessories, but I'm not counting on it. She's worn green the last 3 years, so my bet is on that. But she could surprise us.

Not sure if that coat will fit by St. Patrick's day as she wore that earlier in her pregnancy with George.

That's true, but she might be able to let it out a little.

Not her best coat.

Why not wear the white one, and accessorize with green?

Along with the shamrock broach and I think it would be an appropriate outfit for this expectant mother.

I was thinking she will re-wear the white coat for at Patricks day. 3rd trimester buys are hard for anyone to rationalize. I expect her in the peachy jenny packham for Friday's service. Perhaps the the hot pink coat from Ny tomorrow at downton Abby set. She might be able to still wear the bright yellow Emilia Wickstead she wore to the BP garden party with George. If anything new, I expect moderate priced brand (I.e seraphine) and not bespoke couture.

Nice to see her out so much this late
this time. I think she may have been a little stir crazy last time not knowing what to expect and she became the proverbial pot waiting to boil.... Better to keep busy.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Coat doesn't do a thing for me; I like to see that at least pulled her hair back. :ermm:
I like the coat and I think she looks much better today pairing it with a more modern and youthful ponytail than with the formal hat with loose hair.
Not too sure about the animal print but the clean lines look pared down and elegant and the change in hair to a high ponytail really pulls the eye to her neckline.

That ponytail didn't just suit the style of the coat, it made Catherine look a lot finer in the face and a lot happier. Of course, it may just be that we can see her face a lot better and she seems to be holding her head up a lot higher.

The coat is so beautiful. Elegant, timeless, and a lovely style. One of my favorite maternity looks from her.

Last edited by a moderator:
The coat is so beautiful. Elegant, timeless, and a lovely style. One of my favorite maternity looks from her.

She does look great. I especially like the fact that she actually looks 8 months pregnant in the profile photo. I hope that coat is easy to clean. I never wore white when my kids were toddlers.

I like the cream coat very much - definitely an outfit worthy of a diamond brooch!

For a moment I thought she had recycled her cream coat she wore in february (the one identical to eugenie's coat) but I have to say this one suited her much better...

Catherine looks lovely and elegant in the cream coat.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Now This is the style of coat she should wear more often! It fits to perfection and it is smart and chic. The color is lovely, as well.

Perhaps this one could make a St. Patrick's Day appearance with green accessories and a shamrock spray.:)

Perhaps this one could make a St. Patrick's Day appearance with green accessories and a shamrock spray.:)

Party City has plenty of green accessories on sale for both Kate and William though I have a feeling they'll stick with the tried and true.;)

I love this coat on her. I thought she looked really elegant today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom