The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Between the hat and her hair, there seems to be a war going on! If her hair gets any longer I can't imagine what she's going to do with it...

I liked the hat, best part of the outfit. I also like the pale pink.

American news is already suggesting that by wearing pink she is sending a signal as to the baby's gender. Facepalm!
And considering that she wore the coat with the last pregnancy we can tell that this will be a ?????:lol:

AAAHHH anything for the morning shows to fill their segments.

The coat is lovely and it's nice that she recycled it. It's also a very nice color. Im not fond of the headpiece, it's not pretty at all and it doesn't sit well. Her hairstyle pulled half back looked great but there seems to be a puff and it looked off with the headpiece.

I love it when Catherine attends these more formal events, because I like it when she dresses up to the nines with full coat, hat and accessories!
I like the colour, nice and bright for Spring!
The large collar, hair down and delicate hat do not balance well for me.
I would love to see the hat again, worn with a cream coat/dress and matching pink accessories.

I almost expected a nuance of pink yesterday, as she usually wore it at functions at church during the first pregnancy. I loved her hair, hat and shoes. The coat is not bad but collars are not my cup of tea. She looked lovely and I am glad she recycled a piece of her 2013 pregnancy for once:flowers:

The color of the coat is nice, but the hat, shoes and buttons on the coat make it matronly. A little bit more quircky wouldn't hurt.

Her hair looks really lush in these shots but I think a shorter 'do would look wonderful.

That's just what I was about to say, though I think it's mostly the hat that makes the outfit have a matronly feel. The coat reminds me of something Camilla might wear.

Catherine does look wonderful in that shade of pink though, and I do agree that her hair looks great.

American news is already suggesting that by wearing pink she is sending a signal as to the baby's gender. Facepalm!

I remember when the press was all over the color of some item Catherine bought while pregnant with George. Made me wonder what would happen if she were to purchase something in green for the baby; would the press start speculating that she drank some green elixir while having an affair with some traveling salesman during some time she was apart from Will, hence providing a possibility for a green-colored infant? Yes, I made a reference to 'Wicked', because all these speculations based on color are just a little annoying, and amusing.

Anyway, end of thread-nap. Back to topic...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Isn't today's black and white dress the one she wore at the ship launch when she was in the last few weeks of her pregnancy with George? I do like it a lot without too many accessories.....although a large tan coloured hat, gloves and cape would go well :whistling:

Isn't today's black and white dress the one she wore at the ship launch when she was in the last few weeks of her pregnancy with George? I do like it a lot without too many accessories.....although a large tan coloured hat, gloves and cape would go well :whistling:
It's a coat :) And yes, she wore it when pregnant with George, christening a ship :)

Great repeat of her Alexander McQueen pink coat the Commonwealth day service - it is a nice piece and definitely deserved repeated outings. You can tell it was specifically made for her late pregnancy and was the perfect choice for the service. Loved the hat and accessories.

Wasnt a huge fan of the Hobbs coat from george's pregnancy but she is at the same stage now with this pregnancy and it was an obvious choice of repeat.

Im sorry if im one of those posters you hark on about Kate repeating her clothes but i like to see her doing it and am all for getting good value out of her pieces especially her expensive bespoke pieces.

I liked Duchess's fashion choice from last two engagements.

Not original and trendy, but appropriate, especially for this last stage of pregnancy.

I don't remember being too keen on this coat the first time around, but I love it today. It might be due to the fact that she's not wearing a hat.

I love her hair too. The ponytail looks nice and chic.

I like the ponytail and I agree it makes the dress better... but I still dislike animal prints

It looks certainly better this time without the hat but nevertheless I dislike this coat. My least favourite of Kate's coats.

Coat doesn't do a thing for me; I like to see that at least pulled her hair back.
:ermm:

I disliked the coat the first time she wore it, somehow it didn't look nice with the hat. This time round it looks better but the print isn't pretty.

First- Who was the hat designer?
Second- Disliked the first time. Liked today. The repeat crowd will be happy. Wonder what she will wear tomorrow?

The coat is specific but fits well pregnant women, at least Kate.

I like the coat and I think she looks much better today pairing it with a more modern and youthful ponytail than with the formal hat with loose hair.

I so agree with you, Annie_S!! It's fun piece to break the monotony of pregnancy and to liven things up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom