The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the dress is dull, dull, dull I think she has nice legs and the opaques are a good choice for a dress that short but really ?? that is the very best she can muster ... IMO only naturally

I found the outfit a bit too short but the colored embroidery thread work against the navy was lovely and the I actually liked the 4 pocket idea.

I love the dress and the style. She's gorgeous, as always :flowers:

Yesterday look was a disaster... That shape and color do nothing for her... she should have worn something birghter with kids... I can't believe that dress costed so much! Money wasted! Frankly, I'm quite relieved she decided to "recycle" today... "thrifty" is not the right word though... That brown dress is very bland but I guess more approriate with the fostering visit...

Last edited:
The brown dress isn't horrible, just rather dull. It needs a bright scarf or something.

I liked neither dresses. Both dresses are too short. I guess that Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge, is free advertisement for labels she wears.

The brown dress is uggly, graceless and sad. The blue/black with the embroidery is very nice.

Oh I think it's cute. Love the dark blue with a splash of color. Also happy that she is going to drag people into the 21st century where a respectable woman doesnt have to wear a skirt to her knees.

She has the power to drag people to styles who are easily influenced, but not a woman of her own mind.

That brown dress should go up in flames. It is so poorly made it is sad.

Seeing her look today, I would like to add she looked boxy yesterday, because she seems a bit boxier with this pregnancy. In great shape (who looks that good when they squat down and speak to a child) but it is a boxier shape this time.

As to that brown dress, I'm sure there is a lot of loathing. In fact, I think a lot of my mid 30s manager friends would snap this dress up. It's appropriate, has some softness but is not girly-girly, photographed well, is modest (except for those of us who think legs should be heard but never seen). It would not overwhelm children or parents at the event - in fact - it would share the spotlight. She seems to like to do that.

We wait and wait and wait to see her out and about and when we do, we seem to enjoy seeing the cup half empty. I'm just seeing the cup half full.

Last edited:
I am a little disappointed and frustrated by this brown dress. On the Hobbs website, the dress looks quite nice a chic and I can see why Catherine bought it. But in the flesh, the dress seems rather dour and is made of a very flimsy-looking material that ought not be used for making dresses. A heavier material with a slightly more constructed design in the same colour and pattern would be great.

I wonder whether there is a pink version that might look nicer in the summer?

Finally, I have decided that I do not want member of the royal family to buy high-street fashions anymore. Call me old fashioned if you will, but couture designs are the way forward!

What is with these drab colors?? The brown dress is ugly, ugly!!! :ermm:

I'm shocked! Who would buy that brown one? Seriously!

I actually like the brown dress. I think the length and style look good on her. I think if she were wearing lighter tights and shoes, the overall look would have been a bit brighter.

The dress she wore yesterday was okay. I liked the 60's feel of it, but felt it was a tad too boxy. I think she looks best in fitted dresses.

I'm shocked! Who would buy that brown one? Seriously!
Not me personally, but if I could hazard a guess: a huge amount of white collar working women (Lawyer, businesses, reception) that want simple, easy, chic, comfortable clothing that look comfortable and proper at work without being a white shirt and pant-suit.

I think some of these shops will have to start upgrading their website servers to prevent them from crashing!
This always makes me smile a little.

"Oh, wow. Kate is wearing our clothes" *Happy dance*
*--beep--*
"Ah, the computer broke, everyone is calling, the dress is sold out, what just happened?!" *Panicky whirlwind*

Last edited by a moderator:
Not me personally, but if I could hazard a guess: a huge amount of white collar working women (Lawyer, businesses, reception) that want simple, easy, chic, comfortable clothing that look comfortable and proper at work without being a white shirt and pant-suit.

I agree with you! But that outfit is ghastly, IMO! Better options out there.
What horror will we see Monday? Think positive Rose. This is only the 3rd outfit Kate's worn you couldn't stand.

Last edited:
Really another ill fitting dress too tight especially across the bust.
I like the colour though .. but just when you thought it could not get worse .. and then the hair... all over the show IMO

It does look like a brown washcloth or towel! And color please! No more brown towels!

Clearly she doesn't dress to please you [NUMEROUS CRITICS], but to please herself !

That alone endears her to me...

I don't think expressing my opinion about an outfit I don't care for makes me a Kate critic...

Really.. roseroyal..

A critic is someone who finds fault with something and expresses an unfavorable opinion.

The word critic came into English by way of Latin, tracing back to the Greek word krinein, meaning “judge, decide.” If you’re a critic, you’re essentially judging something — and finding it lacking.

Critic can be used broadly to describe any person expressing an unfavorable view, but there are professional critics as well, such as people who review movies or music. In that sense, the word describes someone who thoughtfully assesses something, either favorably or negatively.

I sometimes critique her- often in fact , but not always do I criticize her as you suggested. There is a difference.

Last edited:
Clearly she doesn't dress to please you [NUMEROUS CRITICS], but to please herself !

That alone endears her to me...

Catherine does have many endearing qualities and I know what you mean.

I think she dresses as she sees appropriate for a particular occasion and for other reasons including for herself, to please her husband perhaps, and certainly to please those she meets. She has her own look, which is quite distinctive rather than "classic conservatively dressed royal", and it should be no other way.
Because there is quite an "edge" to some of Catherine's style choices (like Maxima does!) I think does attracts more comment - both good and bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom