The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I know what dress you're talking about. :flowers: Is it this one? I don't think it looks that plum; it's darker than plum to me. The Daily Mail commented on their articles and Twitter that it was indeed plum, but I don't really think so as it seems a little too dark and greyish for plum to me.

Yes - that's the dress! I think the material dulls the colour down too much, thus we are uncertain as to its true colour!!

I have a set of RHS Colour Charts. For what it's worth, based on the colour that dress appears on my monitor, it is in the Violet-Blue Group, not the Purple Group or Red-Purple group where "plum" colours reside.

Max Foster announced the arrival coat is Seraphine. Looks to be aubegine/burgundy boucle with metallic flecks. Dark (black, it seems) bands down across the front in a cross. Not in the current line. Duke in blue tie with THE blue suit.

Last edited:
I really like this look. The colour is great. Full marks

She looks terrific, especially after a transatlantic flight. It looks like she is able to sleep on planes, something I can never do. Both looks are flattering. The second baby bump grows faster. The abdominal muscles know what is coming and decide not to fight it.

Kate always looks nice, but to be honest, I am getting very tired of black lace!

The arrival outfit was lovely especially the coat, the dress was a bit too short for me.

The evening dress is nothing special, the lace used is not pretty and the overall style is boring. It's a pity that she wears lovely long earrings but hidden under her hair.

I am going to say something that is probably going to make people mad but I have to get this off my chest. For Catherine to go outside in NYC without a coat in 30+ degree weather while she is pregnant and in the middle of flu season just so she can show us yet another black lace dress seems to me to be insanity. Does it not occur to her that she could get sick and seriously affect the health of her baby or does she not care? Is showing off another boring black lace dress more important than the health of her baby? I do not understand her.

Mirabel, I am not just sick of black lace, I am sick of lace period!

Ok, I am sorry - my rant is now done.

:previous: It may be a rant and it may be done but, it was a point well worth making. More importantly, you have managed to make a fair and valid observation clearly and with no hidden agenda.

°30F = °-1.1C That is very cold. What on earth was she thinking?

:previous: I think that's a tad harsh considering she must have been outside for less than a couple of minutes.

I think she has chosen what she comfortable with. And she looked great.

I've seen some clear pix of the earrings and they a different from her usual style but added a touch of glamour.

Not bad but I much prefer the coat - that was special

I agree Dof M nothing to see here ... but I would have been surprised had she done anything else. And yes... the hair ...

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: It may be a rant and it may be done but, it was a point well worth making. More importantly, you have managed to make a fair and valid observation clearly and with no hidden agenda.

°30F = °-1.1C That is very cold. What on earth was she thinking?

A lot of pregnant women have raised body temps when pregnant. I was heavily pregnant in winter and it was the norm for me to go out in cold weather without a coat.

Also, she was going from a warm car to warm indoors. Hardly a walk around NYC.

I am going to say something that is probably going to make people mad but I have to get this off my chest. For Catherine to go outside in NYC without a coat in 30+ degree weather while she is pregnant and in the middle of flu season just so she can show us yet another black lace dress seems to me to be insanity. Does it not occur to her that she could get sick and seriously affect the health of her baby or does she not care? Is showing off another boring black lace dress more important than the health of her baby? I do not understand her.

Mirabel, I am not just sick of black lace, I am sick of lace period!

Ok, I am sorry - my rant is now done.

I think if Catherine was going to be outside for a lengthy period, she would be careful enough to wrap up warm. Flu/colds can be caught whether it is warm or cold - in fact the warmer the environment, the more likely germs and nasties can be caught as they multiply more quickly. Fresh cold air outside is probably safer! I shouldn't imagine a cold or the flu will be caught in the two minutes between a car and a building, more likely inside the building where many people have congregated and are all coughing with nerves!

I think Catherine looked very nice in both outfits, although black tights, black boots and black lace have saturated the fashion world everywhere and will no doubt be seen and worn for a very long tim to come!

Is that a new suit and tie William is wearing?! Oh....no it isn't ;-(

Is that a new suit and tie William is wearing?! Oh....no it isn't
Oh, how sad, never mind . . . at least his suit and tie will be back in fashion in 20 years or so . . .

Last edited:
She looks well wrapped up and very nice in the arrival outfit, but I tend to agree about the black lace number - an interesting/ contrasting stole would have solved the problem.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I expected a new dress and a recycled one to be honest... The aubiergine coat by Seraphine is really ugly IMO and I thought she would have repeated one of her many coats... The black one suited her very much and was very beautiful... Even if it is similar to other black lace dresses she has... I find her skin terrific and her hair was glowing too...

Just thinking we perhaps need a new thread devoted to black lace dresses worn by royals ?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

?..

Is that a new suit and tie William is wearing?! Oh....no it isn't ;-(

Here's a quote from the DM:

"Wills made quite the fashion statement among black suits in a deep blue number."

Were they being snarky?

Wills normally wears a blue suit. The darker one he wore going to hotel is more of a fashion shock than the evening one.

Regarding the lack of coats, they are outside for about 30 seconds as the walk from the car to the door.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I thought Kate's lace dress was quite pretty, As regards her getting a cold or flu from not having a coat on.....colds and flus are caused by viruses not by being in the cold or even feeling cold, those are just old wives tales.Now if she shakes hands with someone who has a cold once she enters the warmth of the building then she might indeed get one, just like we all would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom