The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps Kate wants to show off her legs because she's losing her waistline and is capitalizing on showcasing a great feature of hers. The color is beautiful and her hat is adorably perky. And I must say that the Queen rocked her own outfit today; she looked marvelous!

Old 03-20-2013, 05:32 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

She's losing her waistline? 5 months pregnant and she can fit into (guessing) size 10 topshop? Lucky.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, I did say losing - it's not completely lost yet! And she's quite thin that she's still wearing items that are regular wear but of a looser fit. Lucky indeed.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think both coats are to die for. Yesterday she looked lovely but I'm one of those that thinks it's way TOO short. Today it was better. In any case, she looked great in both ocasions.

Lumutqueen, about the dress being too short because it wasn't meant to fit a pregnancy bump, that's no excuse. When it starts to happen to clothes, it's time to start to look for maternity clothes, I suppose.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe she could call Victoria of Sweden up and borrow some of the sacks she wore when she was pregnant.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Majesty

I think both looks are quite lovely on Catherine. The coats are elegant, and look great on her. She certainly has a figure for them.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I have trying to work out how come Catherine is wearing in 2013 a coat from a 2006 collection. easy. Mary gave it too her when Catherine and William went to Denmark. dress agency for royals!
I think The Duchess' fashion sourcing (however and whomever from wherever) is spectacular. I doubt Mary handed it down - but it would be no surprise if someone had noticed Mary's coat and how the cut and the vertical trim really made a great maternity look.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Maybe she could call Victoria of Sweden up and borrow some of the sacks she wore when she was pregnant.
Aah, but as I recall they were above the knee.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I liked the last two coats Catherine has worn however, I was faintly appalled at the fact that the collar on the white coat belonged to the dress worn beneath. Worse, it looked like a school uniform and, not being maternity wear, hitched up in the front.

Todays offering was a brilliant colour and her overall style seems to be greatly improving. The cut of the coat was flattering and her accessories very chic.

However, I am going to go out on a limb here and join the "but they were both too short" brigade. I know that Catherine is long in the leg, a fact emphasised by the showing of the photo of CP Mary wearing the very same coat, but on her it seemed at least two inches or more longer. And, strangely enough, she was not considered dowdy, Victorian nor wearing anything close to a burqa!

Catherine is in a position to wear clothing that both flatters and suits her. Her height nor her length of leg should not be an issue as she has even high street designers that would be more than willing to make "one off" variations to accommodate her height. That she does not is her choice and it is a choice that is not one a lot of people feel altogether comfortable with.

I guess we will see how things go when she moves into actual "maternity" wear.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:01 PM
Courtier

I don't see a problem with coat lengths it's not like she's naked underneath.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Catherine is in a position to wear clothing that both flatters and suits her. Her height nor her length of leg should not be an issue as she has even high street designers that would be more than willing to make "one off" variations to accommodate her height. That she does not is her choice and it is a choice that is not one a lot of people feel altogether comfortable with.
I suppose the question is whether Kate is comfortable with her choices. If so, then that's the most important thing.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Aah, but as I recall they were above the knee.
Indeed. I think the best solution at this point is perhaps for her to just begin her confinement in the palace. Best for a pregnant woman not to be seen in public!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Those were also above the knee http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Z53VFZObGR...-Expressen.jpg

I say Kate keep wearing what you are wearing, don't buy those mumus that Victoria wore.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:24 PM
Courtier

When Mary wore that coat, it was also above the knee
Old 03-20-2013, 07:28 PM
Royal Highness

Her bump is not huge, she can fit well in most (if not all) of her coats, if I was in her shoes I'd do the same thing, why buy when you have plenty of them to use? However, I'm getting very excited because I want to see her in actual maternity clothes, but for now she doesn't need to but eventually she will. (And probably sooner than we might think)

As for the scouts this Friday, I'm sure she will wear casual and comfortable clothes as she did previously in the same event.
And lately we've had a lot of Catherine, didn't we? I'm loving the last couple of weeks, I hope she continues this active in the following month.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Royal Highness

Tomorrow I hope she turns up in one of Kim Kardashian's maternity wear.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:09 PM
Serene Highness

Actually Kate is now HUGE. She is so long waisted that her pregnancy expansion looks less like a "bump" than a general all-over expansion. She will probably have a large baby. Very large. It will indeed be fascinating to see what clothes she wears when she cannot wear the older coats at all without letting them hang open in front. I expect some nice shorter jackets paired with maternity skirts. Something like Diana wore, but less frou-frou. Diana's maternity clothes had too many ruffles and bows, things she would not have worn when she became more aware of her own style. But the jackets and maternity skirt idea has worked well for women for a long time and will be fine now. The real bump is just around the corner!
Old 03-20-2013, 11:28 PM
Majesty

I think she look even more beautiful while pregnant.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:17 AM
Nobility

"Huge" is a bit of an overstatement, IMO. Kate has definitely gained a bit of weight all over - to be expected with any pregnancy, but especially as she was quite thin to begin with, and also because of the illness she dealt with at the start of her pregnancy. I think she looks better than ever.

As she gets further into pregnancy, I too am curious to see what she will wear, but I don't think it'll be anything like what Diana wore. Maternity styles have changed tremendously in the past 30 years; there are so many more options now.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Tomorrow I hope she turns up in one of Kim Kardashian's maternity wear.
Oh yah!!!!

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion