The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-26-2017, 01:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
The fur hats look like something you'd wear on a bad hair day.
I have one just like Kate’s. If you don’t have bad hair when you put it on, you will when you take it off!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-26-2017, 02:35 PM
Commoner

I loved the Duchess of Cambridge's look. Plaid/tartan is never out of style and the cut of the coat was not old fashioned.

Old 12-26-2017, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudete View Post
Did Kate find her Christmas Day outfit in Princess Margaret’s old closet at KP? Really dowdy and frumpy and not at all flattering. We’ve seen much better on Kate.
I often find her choices when pregnant to be unflattering.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 12-26-2017, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by caethi View Post
I loved the Duchess of Cambridge's look. Plaid/tartan is never out of style and the cut of the coat was not old fashioned.
I love plaids/tartans and they always remind me of two things-Winter holidays and my elementary/high school days.

The cut is flattering to her second trimester figure and IMO it is festive for Christmas.
Old 12-26-2017, 03:56 PM
Royal Highness

She certainly had the glow of pregnancy on her lovely face, and her dimples looked especially fetching.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-26-2017, 04:08 PM
Majesty

https://twitter.com/WhatKateWore/sta...80607996186624

You can see all of Kate's Christmas outfits at the link...2011 to present.

LaRae
Old 12-26-2017, 04:13 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

At first I thought Catherine's outfit was rather frumpy, but having looked at it again several times; I've decided that I like it. It's not my favourite of Catherine's Sandringham outfits but nevertheless, she still looks nice and the hat particularly looks very warm and snug.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-26-2017, 04:23 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks Pranter for the pictures of Catherine. I loved them all except 2012 and the 1st is a favorite of mine as I just adore that hat, I have saved a picture of that hat only for everything about it is gorgeous. I also love the brown tweed on her, the length is perfect and I love those type of tweeds anyhow, and the plaids.....she does not miss a beat for me. This year's coat is beyond gorgeous, so well made, custom made I think for I checked the plaids out in all the pictures and they match up and even the pockets match up, sign of a great custom fit as I learned many years ago.
Old 12-26-2017, 05:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

It was nice to see her dip her toe into Miu Miu though. It's such an amazing brand and not one instantly associated with royal circles.
Old 12-27-2017, 04:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I like the coat, very festive and nice to be worn on such occasions (or at scottish events). The hat is very bad though.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
Thanks Pranter for the pictures of Catherine. I loved them all except 2012 and the 1st is a favorite of mine as I just adore that hat, I have saved a picture of that hat only for everything about it is gorgeous. I also love the brown tweed on her, the length is perfect and I love those type of tweeds anyhow, and the plaids.....she does not miss a beat for me. This year's coat is beyond gorgeous, so well made, custom made I think for I checked the plaids out in all the pictures and they match up and even the pockets match up, sign of a great custom fit as I learned many years ago.
In 2012, I think Kate was doing good to just be presentable and go to church on Christmas. It was only a few weeks after they announced she was pregnant with George and she hadn't gotten over HG yet.
Old 12-27-2017, 10:31 AM
Nobility

I really liked the outfit, the whole thing. I think that shape of hat is really lovely on her. I don't usually like fur hats, but that one is a really nice balance of comfy and chic, to my eye. I adore the plaid of that coat and that cut is one that always looks good on her. Perhaps it could have looked a touch better with another inch of length...but I don't feel like it was too short, either. I think she really hit the nail on the head for a Christmas day. For once, I think she could have taught her majesty some lessons (that orange? never, ever, ever on anyone could that ever work, and certainly not for CHRISTMAS!)
Old 01-07-2018, 07:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Duchess of Cambridge today at a sunday church service

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/...5326502465.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/...5326527483.jpg
Old 01-07-2018, 07:54 AM
Majesty

I love her coat!

LaRae
Old 01-07-2018, 11:41 AM
Courtier

The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

I love this coat. I’ve never been crazy about the fur hat, but it really goes nicely with this coat and its fur cuffs.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
I love this coat. I’ve never been crazy about the fur hat, but it really goes nicely with this coat and its fur cuffs.
The fur cuffs are on the gloves, not the coat.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
The fur cuffs are on the gloves, not the coat.

Oh. Well it still goes nicely. Lol
Old 01-07-2018, 01:37 PM
Majesty

Beautiful coat Perfect for a winter walk to church

But I hate her fur hats. This is the worst of the bunch.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

The coat is cute but not the hat, and her hair looks awful. But from the neck down she looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Okay, looks like there are not many who don't like it and I am one. I don't like the sheer weight of sequins and crystals and the unfinished wrists and hemline just look tacky. Had the hem finished where the lining did it would have looked great but it as it is it is a bit too long and just plain distracting.

Catherine has pulled off some really lovely maternity looks but this wasn't one of them. From what I saw on the video the styling was reminiscent of a shapeless sack and did nothing to flatter her figure, quite the opposite in fact. It also looked like it would be some kind of medieval torture to sit in it all evening.

Catherine's hair, unfortunately, was a total fail as instead of having her hair styled she went for the usual tumbled curls which, for a daytime engagement would have been terrific but for a grand and sparkling occasion like this she needed a "hairstyle" or an updo that didn't leave her endlessly trying to tuck it behind her ears, on the other hand, her makeup looked really nice and her earrings are, without doubt, a knockout. Loved her Jenny Packham Casa clutch and her Oscar de la Renta Cabrina scalloped court shoes are to die for.
Gawd I'm tired of the overuse of thr word updo. Despite that I agree that the blue sequins dress looked tacky and made it look like she was wearing a sparkly sack; no shape at all.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duchess of Cambridge at the Robin Hood Primary School today, November 29, in connection with a gardening project, so the outfit was perfect for that:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Close up **
Ooo she looks hott, besides the hair that just seems to keep getting worse.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion