The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2581  
Old 11-25-2017, 04:16 PM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Why not? I don't see any reason she couldn't reuse maternity gowns from previous pregnancies. Is there a rule she can only reuse ones that are less then 2 years old????

As she gets further along, she will be third trimester in Scandinavia or close to, she will need more room. No need to spend money on a gown she can only wear during pregnancy, especially if this is her last. She has gorgeous gowns and evening looks.

either of these would look fantastic later on, have the flowing ability for evening look on tour.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/38/28...77485b60e2.jpg

https://www.google.ca/search?q=kate+...tZJFc4TcW89vM:

other looks she can wear during pregnancy

http://www.mylusciouslife.com/wp-con...ail%20gown.jpg

http://www.maternitysale.com.au/blog...-middleton.jpg

Kate also has a number of non maternity flowy dresses and evening looks which likely could be easily worn, maybe with alteration.
Of the 4 links you have provided, the first is the blue gown I referred to in my previous post. The third and fourth are not long gowns which only leaves the lilac gown, which I don't think is particularly suited to wearing in the second half of a pregnancy �� Let me know if you think of any other long gowns that you can think of from previous pregnancies that you think can be reused.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2582  
Old 11-25-2017, 04:26 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Third pregnancy, she certainly has other evening gowns she can recycle. I doubt we will see this one recycled so soon for the tour or other big events.
I don't think Kate attended but a few evening gown events when pregnant the last two times, so not too many maternity evening gowns in her wardrobe.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2583  
Old 11-25-2017, 04:49 PM
Anna Catherine's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: U.C., United States
Posts: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Why not? I don't see any reason she couldn't reuse maternity gowns from previous pregnancies. Is there a rule she can only reuse ones that are less then 2 years old????

As she gets further along, she will be third trimester in Scandinavia or close to, she will need more room. No need to spend money on a gown she can only wear during pregnancy, especially if this is her last. She has gorgeous gowns and evening looks.

either of these would look fantastic later on, have the flowing ability for evening look on tour.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/38/28...77485b60e2.jpg

https://www.google.ca/search?q=kate+...tZJFc4TcW89vM:

other looks she can wear during pregnancy

http://www.mylusciouslife.com/wp-con...ail%20gown.jpg

http://www.maternitysale.com.au/blog...-middleton.jpg

Kate also has a number of non maternity flowy dresses and evening looks which likely could be easily worn, maybe with alteration.
When you’re pregnant, your body changes particularly the busy area and waistline. Kat already has a baby bump. She couldn’t zip up the red jacket she wore to the previous Coach Core engagement. She has to be about 4-5 months pregnant so not much she could wear that she has. I don’t think it would be easy to get into most of the other gowns without the fit being off. The ink blue gown I could see but I don’t see anything wrong with the gown she wore. I think it’s very beautiful. Nothing wrong with a new evening gown. This one especially looks like it can be altered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
She could carry off an empire quite elegantly even when not pregnant.


LaRae
I think an empire waist gown could be very pretty while pregnant. Not sure about post-pregnancy. Has she worn empire waist gowns or outfits before when not pregnant?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2584  
Old 11-25-2017, 05:05 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,359
I don't even recall her ever wearing one really.


LaRae

Kate and William meet stars at Royal Variety Performance | Daily Mail Online

Lots of pics from last night.


LaRae
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2585  
Old 11-25-2017, 05:37 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
When you’re pregnant, your body changes particularly the busy area and waistline. Kat already has a baby bump. She couldn’t zip up the red jacket she wore to the previous Coach Core engagement. She has to be about 4-5 months pregnant so not much she could wear that she has. I don’t think it would be easy to get into most of the other gowns without the fit being off. The ink blue gown I could see but I don’t see anything wrong with the gown she wore. I think it’s very beautiful. Nothing wrong with a new evening gown. This one especially looks like it can be altered.
Did I say there was anything wrong with the gown she wore

I was responding to a poster who suggested that it was adjustable and could be worn later in her pregnancy. Even the suggestion she could wear it in Scandinavia. I found that highly unlikely, and suggested she had other gowns from previous pregnancies she could likely reuse.

She was in skinny jeans and a fitted coat less then a week ago. She certainly doesn't have a 'baby bump' just yet. And she attended a number of evening events in previous pregnancies.

Quote:
I don't think Kate attended but a few evening gown events when pregnant the last two times, so not too many maternity evening gowns in her wardrobe.
And she isn't likely to attend a long list of evening events before this baby is born either. So no issue.

Again simply addressing the poster who suggested that she chose this dress tonight as it would be adjustable for her to wear in Scandinavia. She does in fact have at least 2 other evening looks which would be suitable. I highly doubt on an official royal tour, she will reuse this blue dress so soon after.

To be honest I think she will likely have another new maternity gown for Scandinavia if there is an evening event she has to wear a gown for. She usually does buy gowns for tours, and like her India ones, not ones we see her wear again.


Quote:
Of the 4 links you have provided, the first is the blue gown I referred to in my previous post. The third and fourth are not long gowns which only leaves the lilac gown, which I don't think is particularly suited to wearing in the second half of a pregnancy �� Let me know if you think of any other long gowns that you can think of from previous pregnancies that you think can be reused.
Last I looked evening looks don't have to be floor length. Both of the short dresses were worn to evening engagements. They were not day looks. Which is why I included them.

The second one is an empire waste with a very flowy skirt. What about it doesn't work for a second trimester? Far more flattering then tonight's look would be if she had a six or seven month bump. The dress is busy enough without a large rounding belly.

How many evening looks, long gowns, do you think she is actually going to need before April????
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2586  
Old 11-25-2017, 05:45 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Did I say there was anything wrong with the gown she wore

I was responding to a poster who suggested that it was adjustable and could be worn later in her pregnancy. Even the suggestion she could wear it in Scandinavia. I found that highly unlikely, and suggested she had other gowns from previous pregnancies she could likely reuse.

She was in skinny jeans and a fitted coat less then a week ago. She certainly doesn't have a 'baby bump' just yet. And she attended a number of evening events in previous pregnancies.
She doesn't have other (full length) evening gowns from prior pregnacies though- the black gown and the teal one. That may be it. She was wearing skinny jeans but they may have been maternity ones and she couldn't zip her coat over her abdomen. Her figure has changed and she is obviously pregnant in profile photos.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2587  
Old 11-25-2017, 06:04 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,359
I was thinking she seems to be showing more sooner than her previous pregnancies ..but that is fairly common too.


LaRae
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2588  
Old 11-25-2017, 06:16 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,661
Yeps. The old "rubber band" principle at work. The more you stretch 'em out, the easier it is to stretch them out again.

With all the talk about the different gowns and such, its made me wonder if somewhere down the line, Kate may auction some of her gowns off for charity much like Diana did with a bunch of hers. If I remember right, that auction was William's idea in the first place.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #2589  
Old 11-25-2017, 06:22 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I was thinking she seems to be showing more sooner than her previous pregnancies ..but that is fairly common too.


LaRae
We don't know when in April she is due either. She may be closer to 5 months along.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2590  
Old 11-25-2017, 06:39 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,359
Right if it's early April that could be a factor.


LaRae
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2591  
Old 11-25-2017, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 3,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I was thinking she seems to be showing more sooner than her previous pregnancies ..but that is fairly common too.


LaRae
I agree and that is why I believe that some of her maternity evening gowns are not going to work for the remainder of her second trimester and her third. Those of us who have been in Kate's position, are likely to agree that she has discovered that her body will change with each pregnancy and all the wardrobe pre-planning in the world might not work. The pair of pants that fit yesterday might not fit the following morning.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2592  
Old 11-25-2017, 07:01 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
We don't know when in April she is due either. She may be closer to 5 months along.
I read it's April 8.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2593  
Old 11-25-2017, 08:30 PM
Anna Catherine's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: U.C., United States
Posts: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Did I say there was anything wrong with the gown she wore

I was responding to a poster who suggested that it was adjustable and could be worn later in her pregnancy. Even the suggestion she could wear it in Scandinavia. I found that highly unlikely, and suggested she had other gowns from previous pregnancies she could likely reuse.

She was in skinny jeans and a fitted coat less then a week ago. She certainly doesn't have a 'baby bump' just yet. And she attended a number of evening events in previous pregnancies.



And she isn't likely to attend a long list of evening events before this baby is born either. So no issue.

Again simply addressing the poster who suggested that she chose this dress tonight as it would be adjustable for her to wear in Scandinavia. She does in fact have at least 2 other evening looks which would be suitable. I highly doubt on an official royal tour, she will reuse this blue dress so soon after.

To be honest I think she will likely have another new maternity gown for Scandinavia if there is an evening event she has to wear a gown for. She usually does buy gowns for tours, and like her India ones, not ones we see her wear again.




Last I looked evening looks don't have to be floor length. Both of the short dresses were worn to evening engagements. They were not day looks. Which is why I included them.

The second one is an empire waste with a very flowy skirt. What about it doesn't work for a second trimester? Far more flattering then tonight's look would be if she had a six or seven month bump. The dress is busy enough without a large rounding belly.

How many evening looks, long gowns, do you think she is actually going to need before April????
Actually, you did state that your opinion on her dress which wasn’t positive which is fine. I was stating mine. Regardless, She has a small ‘baby bump’that is visible in pictures, and even without a bump, your body changes pretty quickly when your pregnant and at around 5 months she couldn’t fit the other dresses.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2594  
Old 11-25-2017, 08:47 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Great pictures, and every detailed picture of the dress convinces me more how outstanding this dress really is. In particular, the hem (which I know has some nay-sayers) is actually (to me) a highlight of the design. Her shoes (and I am not a shoe person) are shown off to good effect, like part of the design. Really a fabulous, glittery gown. Well done, Catherine! (But she does gowns well anyway).
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
Reply With Quote
  #2595  
Old 11-25-2017, 08:58 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,359
I quite like the dress. I don't care if others don't agree. It was blingy without having to wear the jewels (except those fab earrings) and suited her.

I still remember that gold overlay (I think cream dress under) she wore a couple years ago. I would love to see her wear that again!

(..)


LaRae
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2596  
Old 11-25-2017, 09:13 PM
MichelleQ2's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 1,120
As the Scandinavian tour was originally planned to be in November - I wonder if this dress had been made for that trip? Catherine really hasnt had any formal 3rd trimester maternity looks late in her pregnancies. Looking forward to what she wears coming up.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2597  
Old 11-26-2017, 08:32 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 37,728
.

Please stay on topic of this thread, the Duchess of Cambridge's fashion choices! Some off-topic posts have been removed.
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #2598  
Old 11-26-2017, 01:44 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,121
We have often seen how deliberate Kate can be in choice of a color, a cut, a style, button, jewelry, etc. when she is attending an event.

I was at the Fug Girls today, looking at photos from the Royal Variety Performance. It was 2 Fug Girls posts away from a piece about Phil and Liz' 70th anniversary, which had a photo of those two kids in full wedding kit.

And it struck me that those smaller flower shaped sequins on Kate's dress were also perfectly star shaped. Just like all the stars on The Queen's wedding dress. It could be coincidence or it could be Kate obsessing with the details in the same week as the anniversary. Just saying. If so, well played!
__________________
"And the tabloid press will be a pain in the ass, as usual." - Royal Norway
Reply With Quote
  #2599  
Old 11-26-2017, 01:52 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
Actually, you did state that your opinion on her dress which wasn’t positive which is fine. I was stating mine. Regardless, She has a small ‘baby bump’that is visible in pictures, and even without a bump, your body changes pretty quickly when your pregnant and at around 5 months she couldn’t fit the other dresses.
Quote:
Lovely color and beautiful beeding. So happy for no lace.

Only thing I don't like is sheer layer is longer then the under skirt, distracting.
I am sorry what is not positive about this

You're right, I made one comment about hem. That erases every other compliment. Bad on me. Nothing but pure adoration is positive. Oops


This dress won't fit with a bigger bump. Its not flowing at all so I really don't get your point. The gowns I mentioned were worn later in her pregnancy, and have much more room to accommodate a growing bump without alteration.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2600  
Old 11-26-2017, 05:47 PM
Anna Catherine's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: U.C., United States
Posts: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I am sorry what is not positive about this

You're right, I made one comment about hem. That erases every other compliment. Bad on me. Nothing but pure adoration is positive. Oops


This dress won't fit with a bigger bump. Its not flowing at all so I really don't get your point. The gowns I mentioned were worn later in her pregnancy, and have much more room to accommodate a growing bump without alteration.
You’re right I mixed up your comment with someone else. Regardless, I don’t adore all of her outfits so I don’t know where your second comment is coming from.

In my opinion, this dress seems relatively flowing so I think she could possibly use it next month for the diplomatic reception and maybe for the Scandinavia tour. It’ll just depend on her shape by then. As to the other dresses, there were two that she could wear for an evening like this and that have been worn during previous pregnancies. She may use them at a later date. The shorter, light blue one(I can’t remember the designer) is possible for a different kind of event. It’s more of a cocktail dress to me or rather less dressy.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
birthday british royal history carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria crown princess victoria hats current events denmark duchess of brabant duchess of cambridge earl of snowdon family general news grand duke henri hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín jewels king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein lord snowdon love monarchy monarchy versus republic news official visit paris prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince harry of wales prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen silvia question soderberg spanish royal family state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria zog



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:56 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises