The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-04-2015, 12:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Think she looks really awful here and that hair heaven help me .. the dress is I agree ill fitting and as far as looking strained I think photos can be see to be or not to be who can say !!!

Old 03-04-2015, 12:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think Catherine's hair is great, but at some point she'll end up changing it.
I hope so. A short perky cut (a la Charlene) would make a world of difference imo.

Old 03-04-2015, 03:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
The dress itself is a lovely piece but unfortunately she didn't wear it well nor is it a maternity dress. It fitted weirdly around the bust area, tight around the belly. The overall was unflattering and boring. I would like to see the Duchess wearing this when she is not expecting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Is this a maternity dress? If not maybe that is why the fit is so bad. Very unattractive look for her. She just may have been caught between smiles. It must be pretty hard to smile all the time, none of us do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
No, it's not a maternity dress which explains the fit or lack thereof. At this point in a pregnancy actual maternity dresses are so much more comfortable that I wonder why so many women continue to stuff themselves into regular clothes. Here's the Daily Mail article that shows the dress: Duchess of Cambridge appears to show strain of a busy schedule at lunchtime reception | Daily Mail Online
I see I am not alone in lamenting Catherine's insistance on wearing non-maternity clothes way past when they fit. They inevitably end up pulled at the bust, creased beneath the bump and with uneven hems, the front being hiked up by the bump. All in all it just makes her look generally rumpled, add to that the fact she looks tired and when we are tired smiling doesn't come naturally a lot of the time and having her hair hanging straight around her face makes it look even worse. Even if she pulled it up in a ponytail it would lighten the look around her face. Instead people just keep noting that she looks tired, weary, sad or unwell, all of which could be true but are probably not.

I know a lot of people have commented on it being winter and not summer as it was when she was carrying George, but that is not really a major factor. Most every engagement she is at she is either outside, in which case she needs to wear a coat, maybe a scarf, etc. and when she is inside, like most people, she takes her coat off as it is comfortably warm. Just like thousands of others, she is wearing summer-weight clothing indoors and layers to suit when outdoors. Catherine already has a lovely selection of maternity clothes that could surely be adapted for this pregnancy, any gaps she could fill with new dresses, etc.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think any comments need to take into account this was a private engagement where the only photo opportunity was a few seconds from leaving the hotel to get into the car. The fact she wasn't smiling in the two pics is a case in point - I think if this were a public engagement with the opportunity to meet people, we would have come to a different impression. Her recent public engagements have revealed Kate styling her hair so it doesn't fall so heavily around her face and wearing pregnancy clothes that hang just fine.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 03-09-2015, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I actually kind of like Catherine's latest outfit. The colours suit her. I think her hair is fine here, though sometimes it can look slightly unkempt. I don't think Catherine needs to change her hairstyle - we all have good hair days and bad hair days.

I agree that she does look tired, but as Mirabel pointed out, since she's nearing the end of her pregnancy, it's understandable.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-09-2015, 02:22 PM
Majesty

For the Commonwealth service at the Abbey today, Catherine reused the pink McQueen coat she had used for the 2013 Trooping appearance. A very polished look, IMO.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Loved it. Her second most elegant outfit ever- IMO. Didn't like the hat though.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:35 PM
Aristocracy

Article with pics from Hello! magazine:
Kate Middleton at 2015 Commonwealth Day Service - hellomagazine.com
Old 03-09-2015, 02:39 PM
Royal Highness

The color of the coat is nice, but the hat, shoes and buttons on the coat make it matronly. A little bit more quircky wouldn't hurt.

Her hair looks really lush in these shots but I think a shorter 'do would look wonderful.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissP View Post
That coat is so beautiful. Exquisite color and excellent style. She looked timeless and chic. Very lovely look on Catherine.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:15 PM
Serene Highness

As always, Catherine is beautiful. She's still pretty small--it's hard to believe she is almost 8 months pregnant.

Regarding the outfit, I like the shoes, clutch (from what I can see) and the color and cut of the coat. I'm not wild about the coat's collar and I don't like the buttons. I've been seeing decorative buttons on dresses and blouses in the stores but it isn't my favorite look.

I love that her hairstyle allows us to see the earrings.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:01 PM
Majesty

Catherine looks elegant and lovely. The hairstyle is very pretty, but I'm not crazy about the hat.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:03 PM
Serene Highness

she looked lovely - I was expecting the pink McQ coat re-worn either at today's service or Friday's. Finally the weather in London is moderate enough that the clothes Kate wore at the end of her first pregnancy may get to be worn. Perhaps the lovely Jenny Packham from Jubilee service will be at the service on Friday. maybe the Hobbs Dalmation coat will make an appearance this week?
Old 03-09-2015, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I love this soft pink coat though I don't like the hat. The shoes are devine. She looks lovely.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:09 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

She looks elegant, but hair flowing in the wind, a funny hat and a pretty plain colour. Business as usual I guess.

A brooch would have been lovely on that coat!
Old 03-09-2015, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I remember this coat a nice maternity look. Even with her height, the hat looks a little fussy. A hairstyle, like french braid would have been nice.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:57 PM
Aristocracy

I like this coat. I think the pink is very pretty. I prefer the hat she wore to the Trooping the Colour. That hat looked like a real hat. This one reminds me of the fig leaves you see on old statues. (Can you tell I don't like fascinators?) As usual, I hate her hair particularly the weird bump out at the back. Though now that I think about it, maybe the bump in her hair is to offset the bump in the front.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

I thought Catherine looked wonderful today and glowing.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-09-2015, 06:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I loved that she wore a color. Sometimes her choices get a little bland and dull.
I do hope she reuses the Jubilee or coronation service Packham outfit- my favorite.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:08 PM
Royal Highness

She did look great. I love how her face is a little fuller when she's pregnant.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion