The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-19-2015, 09:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is a lovely outfit, coat and dress - one of her best, IMO.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Agree,really the prettiest and most elegant coat so far. Nice ensemble, and hair looks better, shorter.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:16 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Catherine looked wonderful at yesterdays event. That is such a lovely coat. The dress underneath was very pretty, so was the colors and print. The fit of both the coat and dress was nice and that shows you that they are meant for a pregnant women unlike the Hobbs dress which was way too unflattering.
Old 01-20-2015, 03:38 AM
Nobility

That is really one of best looks so far. Love that gorgeous baby blue coat and the dress! I'd love to have these items myself.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Catherine isn't that wealthy, she's certainly not a multimillionaire. Her husband and father-in-law are. Her family also have money.

A £200 coat is not reasonable for the average pregnant woman surely?! I'm not saying Catherine should portray the average woman but you can't call spending that amount of money on one item reasonable. It's reasonable if your bank balance is 6 figures long. Catherine can spend in in-laws money all she likes and I'm glad she recycles especially when it comes to maternity clothes.
I don't have an issue with the price of the Seraphine coat, or frankly anything she wears. Those are choices she is making, and it is really for her to balance her books as she so chooses.

My issue is that I just don't think she recycles enough any more. I appreciate that she probably cannot reuse many clothes from when she was pregnant with George as the weather was so different, but she could have reused some of the clothes from the trip to the US, or perhaps Christmas.

We live in an incredibly wasteful culture at the moment, and Catherine could be setting a good example to a lot of people (as HM, Camilla and Anne do) that one should try and get as much wear out of ones things as is sensible.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:10 AM
Heir Apparent

The clothes from Christmas and the US tour may not fit anymore. The ink blue gown from the Met gala which was worn twice before is a regular gown not maternity wear. This baby is off season from George. 7 months for Baby C-February, George 7 months was May. The weather is completely different.

Kate has shown in her regular clothing choice that she repeats outfits and mixes the designer with the high street.

I think with George she try to squeeze into her regular clothing to long - see polka dot from Harry Potter Studio opening. Now it's seems like she is finding her maternity style with baby 2.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 01-20-2015, 07:32 AM
Majesty

new jumper from Beulah (also worn by donna air)
https://twitter.com/Duchess_Files/st...140352/photo/1

https://twitter.com/Duchess_Files/st...356801/photo/1
Old 01-21-2015, 07:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheikah deena View Post
Duchess of Cambridge at Brooklen Nets basketball game

1- ImageBam
2- ImageBam
3- ImageBam
4- ImageBam
5- ImageBam
6- ImageBam
7- ImageBam
8- ImageBam
9- ImageBam
10- ImageBam
11- ImageBam
This outfit is very lovely. I love the color and the design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2725416.html

The above link contains photos and closeups of Catherine's, The Duchess of Cambridge, ensemble. The dress is lovely and feminine.
The blue underneath is so beautiful. I love the colors and the print. Very lovely and chic.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Surely some of the coats from the trip to NY could be reused. What about the blue Matthew Williamson coat (in a colour similar to the one worn today) that she wore to a game in Wales before Christmas?

Kate reuses her clothes often, why does it matter if she doesn't do it all the time.
And the blue coat was boring imo, the other 2 outfits were more impressive.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 01-21-2015, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Impressive in that they were more ghastly, and how ghastly they were-IMO. Don't know what to say about what she wore to the AR event. The Fostering Network event- she looked even more ghastly- like a mud puddle. Comparatively, the blue coat was 1000 times better- a color, and she looked like Kate. Just my 2 cents...
Old 01-21-2015, 09:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I don't have an issue with the price of the Seraphine coat, or frankly anything she wears. Those are choices she is making, and it is really for her to balance her books as she so chooses.

My issue is that I just don't think she recycles enough any more. I appreciate that she probably cannot reuse many clothes from when she was pregnant with George as the weather was so different, but she could have reused some of the clothes from the trip to the US, or perhaps Christmas.

We live in an incredibly wasteful culture at the moment, and Catherine could be setting a good example to a lot of people (as HM, Camilla and Anne do) that one should try and get as much wear out of ones things as is sensible.
I have to say I hadn't really thought about it. We haven't seen her wear almost any of the Canadian, Australian and NZ tour ensembles. I find this sort of wierd because she wore some really gorgeous clothes and when she's at home she does this wierd High Street thing and it's all flopsy hair and £50 dresses and yet she has all those lovely clothes stashed away.

It's almost like she has this whole different persona, one for home and one for abroad and to be honest, abroad is generally getting the better deal. Come to think of it, has she ever recycled that lovely pink evening gown she wore in California? Pregnancy notwithstanding, all things considered, I would have to agree that she doesn't recycle much at all.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Elle Magazine had a montage of the outfits Kate wore during the Australian/New Zealand tour and I noticed that pretty much half of the clothes were repeats, or have been worn since the trip. So I think it's safe to say that Kate does recycle quite a bit. I imagine if we took a look at her other tours, we'd find that she has recycled quite a few of those outfits too.

Kate Middleton - Australia, New Zealand Tour Looks
Old 01-24-2015, 02:12 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I love Catherine's blue Seraphine coat, it's probably my favourite maternity outfit from her this year so far. It's nice and simple. At first I thought it was white or cream, but looking at it more closely, I now think it's a very pale pastel/icy blue.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-26-2015, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I definitely saw ice blue, HP.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

The Duchess is wearing this Max Mara Wool Coat at the event in Portsmouth today.

Kate Middleton Style ‏@KateMiddStyle Kate's carrying her @LKBennettLondon "Frome" clutch today, it's blue suede. One of my favs: http://bit.ly/1KPshhq https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9pSdMCIEAA4WFp.png

"Hello": Duchess Kate all white in chic Max Mara coat in final months of pregnancy
Old 02-12-2015, 08:04 AM
Majesty

New coat again? It reminds me a liitle bit of this Hobbs:http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/14/article-
2100867-11BBF36E000005DC-926_624x530.jpg

(tough the new one is much more nice!)

Cream color is nice on her! She shuould wear it more often...
Old 02-12-2015, 08:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
New coat again? It reminds me a liitle bit of this Hobbs:http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/14/article-
2100867-11BBF36E000005DC-926_624x530.jpg

(tough the new one is much more nice!)

Cream color is nice on her! She shuould wear it more often...
I have been criticised in the past when I have queried why the Duchess gets so many new clothes, and seems to reuse her clothes a lot less now. I just think, despite being pregnant, I am sure there must be coats in her wardrobe that she could have used today, instead of getting yet another one. Perhaps the blue one from the Kensington engagements a few weeks ago? Anything from the trip to NY? To me, apart from being wasteful, this just sends out the wrong message.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I have been criticised in the past when I have queried why the Duchess gets so many new clothes, and seems to reuse her clothes a lot less now. I just think, despite being pregnant, I am sure there must be coats in her wardrobe that she could have used today, instead of getting yet another one. Perhaps the blue one from the Kensington engagements a few weeks ago? Anything from the trip to NY? To me, apart from being wasteful, this just sends out the wrong message.
Don't mind the critics It seems Kate is "untouchable". I agree with you! I don't care that some say that in ths way she set new trends or whatever... Or that she should get a pass because she is pregnant... She owns sveral coats from her first pregnancy too that would fit again now. Period.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Make like Kate in a cosy cream coat by MaxMara

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...3744688479.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...3746307588.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...3746299480.jpg
Old 02-12-2015, 08:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Very nice. Looks warm and perfect for a pregnant lady. She probably feels yummy in it.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion