Sarah, Duchess of York's Fashion and Style Part 2: September 2017 - October 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah looks nice but agree about the hair. I also wonder if she has an issue with her feet or sprained her ankle etc since she seems to be wearing "comfier" shoes such as slippers or trainers when out lately.

:previous: Oh no, her hair would be a lot harder to manage but, I do wish she would put it up. Wearing your hair down and fly-away at eighteen is one thing, wearing it down at fifty is another.

I think Queen Margrethe is a perfect example of what to do with your hair when you are older. She, like Sarah, loves her hair long but knows that leaving your hair down and fly-away when at a formal event does not look like it did when she was eighteen.

Sarah's hair was glorious, curly and bright as a copper penny when she was young but, like my sister's, it has faded and become finer with age and since she has never been seen with her hair short I think cutting it would be very hard. I think Andrew loved her hair when they first met and that's it.

Marg, I wasn’t envisaging a drastically shorter style, but a few inches wouldn’t go amiss. It just doesn’t suit her with it scraped off her face and then hanging limply down. It needs some bounce and body which would be achieved with a more layered style.

Sarah looks nice but agree about the hair. I also wonder if she has an issue with her feet or sprained her ankle etc since she seems to be wearing "comfier" shoes such as slippers or trainers when out lately.
Sarah has been wearing mostly flats/ballet slippers for quite some time now - at least two years by my recollection. Eugenie's wedding was an exception. It could be that she is having balance problems or foot/leg issues. It happens as we get older. (I'm just a little younger than Sarah, and I haven't been able to wear anything higher than 2" for years.)

I'm 59 and my highest heels are one and a half inches. I can't do that stiletto heel anymore.

Sarah attended an exhibition opening in Toronto, Canada, yesterday, May 8, wearing the same green dress she was seen with on April 26 (see the previous page):

** Full view ** Upper part **

I agree her hair could be shorter and look better. It looks very good with the green dress picture. Both that and the black dress she has with flats on, I prefer those to those stilettos that many younger royals can't walk in. However, the black dress look is not for her, and her hair in that picture is awful. I don't know why she doesn't wear lipstick?

Sarah's dress is nice though her makeup seems very heavy. It almost seems as if she's smudged her eyes after crying.

Her black dress look in Toronto was spectacular. She should use this hair & make-up as a template for styling going forward.

The blue jacket worn in Yorkshire is a beautiful color, but looks too tight, and her hair is back to frumpy. Even just a few inches of length cut off, and maybe some layers, would do wonders.

Oh well. Its a tad bit tight, eh?

Or has the wrong color.

Or maybe both.

I like this look in concept, however the execution could use some fine tuning.

1. She needs a better bra that will give her some lift.
2. It's about 1 size too small.
3. UGLY shoes.

Come on Sarah!!!

I will give her credit for the hat and I absolutely love this color.

Great hat. The dress is at least 2 sizes too small & in this colour, the outline of her navel makes her look almost naked. Horrendous choice.

Hmm, definitely not the right size. She is just a normal sized woman so I don't get why its so hard not to find something that fits well, in fact I doubt for something like this she is buying off the rack. I like the idea of the dress but in a size that fits.

Last edited:
Nice colour and hat on the ex duchess but the dress is far too tight and ill fitting .

Looking good, Sarah.

The hat's nice, the color isn't horrendous, the design of the dress is terrible, and she looks overall as though she is about to explode out of the dress.

The first and only photo I saw of her previously did not look that bad; these last two photos reveal the flaws in fit and design.

Terrible, terrible! I'm sure Sarah did not walk into some clothes shop and bought this off the rack. Is there nobody around her who will advise her or tell her that this outfit is not for her figure?

The dress is nice and a pretty color, but too tight. Proper foundation garments &/or a bigger size would have made a world of difference. Love the hat.

I quite like the outfit, but yes it’s definite 2 sizes too small.
I like the colour and it suits her, but those shoes don’t go with the dress

I agree a bra with more lift, and a dress that's better fitted. It's a bit too tight, plus she needs a bit more length. And I agree, it's not the right shoe color for this dress. The hat is nice.

Otherwise, I like the color of this dress on Sarah. It seems to be a deep mauve. My first impression upon seeing her exit the car was that she looked fine. But always on closer inspection, it's easy to criticize.

I'll bet many of us would easily run into poor design, fit and accessory issues. ;)

Last edited:
The colour is nice on Sarah but the fitting of her dress is a little too tight for me and isn't flattering on her figure IMO.

It's easy for us to criticize. Sometimes, certain ladies need more guidance on making the best style and color choices for their bodies. I don't think the color is too bad, if the fit was better. Sarah looked great at her daughter, Eugenie's wedding.

When I first saw a photo of Sarah, my immediate thoughts were what a deluge of comments there would be in the media and here on her fashion thread about how ill fitting this outfit is, and of course as soon as I skimmed through the comments here, sure enough that’s just what I found. My point is, if everyone here can see it and no doubt countless others, once they see the photos, why can’t she? Surely she didn’t choose this dress in total isolation and without someone commenting on how it looked. How many times has she worn outfits that if she’d chosen a larger size would have looked perfectly fine? Today’s outfit is perhaps the worst example of this and I imagine quite embarrassing for her immediate family.

Sarah has never been a fashionably fashion-conscious lady (unlike Diana PoW). Sarah tries and she often fails. I think she's a genuinely nice person who is not necessarily that smart about certain things. She doesn't always make the best decisions. Still, she tries and she loves her daughters. A lot of people make poor fashion and accessory/ color decisions for their bodies, even if they have paid stylists.

In this instance, the color is fine. I can see why some people aren't liking the color. However, it's more the fit, length, and shoe color/styling that need improvement. OTOH, she chose a nice hat, so there's no need to continue nitpicking. I hope everyone who attended had a nice time celebrating Lady Gabriella's special day.

Last edited:
Sarah frequently wears clothing about 2 sizes too small, I wonder if it’s tied to her weight struggles, a couple of years ago when she’d lost a lot of weight this dress would have looked far better, now, however, in this particular dress, the form fitting style simply shows her form in a very unflattering way, particularly when seen in profile and from behind. In the video of the Yorks arriving you see Sarah smoothing the front of the skirt and then clutching her purse in front of her stomach rather self consciously, so I suspect she was aware that from some angles the dress did her no favors. I also found it odd that Andrew took off & left Sarah to walk alone - something about it seemed a bit awkward.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/n...s-Beatrice-arrives-boyfriend-royal-event.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom