Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 6: March 2015 - July 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love that look! I absoulutely like the head scarf's pattern!

Very typical of queen Elizabeth's style,I like the colours on Her Majesty.

I can't recall that coat, but it looks well used. I can imagine this scarf being a recent addition with a scramble to find the perfect match to take to take along to Sandringham. It's lovely!

Queen Elizabeth looking great while opening the National Cyber Security Centre in London today, February 14 - such a great colour for her!

** Full view ** Upper part **

That emerald really pops on this lovely blue! :flowers:

Looking fresh in orange during audiences at Buckingham Palace yesterday, February 15:

** Full view **

Is it orange or red? i think it is the first time that I have seen Her Majesty with such a color on her.

I think orange. A yellow toned red that I vaguely remember her wearing the coat out and about before.

I remember long ago reading an article about choosing a bold red lipstick. Most of us look good in a blue undertone red, but there a few of us that look better in a yellow undertone red.

I hope her majesty swapped out the cool lipstick color she wears yesterday, but I doubt it. ;):lol:

BTW - a quick internet search for "Vogue chart rainbow queen" returns a number of images showing the queen's full color palette.

Last edited:
Yes, I have always een of tghe opinion that pale colors such as light pink are the shades the better suit Her Majesty!

HM's late mother went very floaty and floral in her later years and HM appears to be going more streamline, or this just me?

:previous:I think you are right. It's not surprising as most of us do not dress as our parents did. And their personalities are so very different as well. JMO.

I love the colour of HM's latest dress. It's simple and sophisticated.

I like her last two looks but really love the orange. The queen is fantastic in vibrant colors.

Queen Elizabeth looking lovely in a flower dress at Buckingham Palace today, February 21:

** Full view **

I am a 28 year old guy who is not intresert in royal fashion at all, but this article is more ridiculous than usual.

1. Why should the world's most popular and famous person who has been called a fashion icon for almost 70 years be copying Kate's style.

2. The Fail/others has said several times that Kate is copying Queen's style (which is also wrong)

3. Some of the outfits in this article has been used by the Queen several times and is not related to what Kare uses at all.

4 The Queen is almost 91.

5 Kate is 35.

:previous: Great points ROYAL NORWAY! The DM article is ridiculous! I normally do not read the comments since I like to keep my faith in humanity, but I confess to skimming these, and most agree.

The only outfit I have seen The Queen wearing recently that is somewhat different from the style she has worn (very well I might add) for the past 25 years is the blue and white lace dress she wore to the diversity engagement earlier this week. Lace has been popular for the past couple of years, and I'm pretty sure Kate did not start that particular trend, nor did she make it popular.

Wearing the same color does not mean anyone is copying anyone else :bang: My assistant & I are both wearing gray tops today. We had a laugh about both getting the e-mail, how GMTA, etc. But I guess one of us copied the other. Alert the media! :p

Rolling my eyes at the DM article.
The Queen has ALWAYS been elegant and stylish. Her outfits are always appropriate, tasteful, and they usually have the most charming details.
However the Queen's fashion does not sell. It is usually the younger royal ladies whose style the media pays attention to. A true shame.

This is so true. By the time women reach their golden years, its most likely that they are pretty much set in what works for them and leave following fashion trends to the younger generations. As much as I admire the Queen's fashions (especially her in coordinated umbrellas), I'm pretty much set with what I like and I'm 25 years Elizabeth's junior.

Give me a t-shirt and blue jeans any day and simplicity in dresses when I do dress up. Then again, I'm not a queen and in the public eye all the time.

Rolling my eyes at the DM article.
The Queen has ALWAYS been elegant and stylish. Her outfits are always appropriate, tasteful, and they usually have the most charming details.
However the Queen's fashion does not sell. It is usually the younger royal ladies whose style the media pays attention to. A true shame.
The Queen's clothes are made especially for her, so it's impossible to get hold of something that is completely alike. And most ordinary 80-90 year olds do not use that kind of clothing.

But (according to the media) she does actually sell when it comes to colors and her famous handbags:

Women rush to buy neon clothes after the Queen chooses bright outfits for her Birthday and Ascot
She may be 90 years of age but Queen Elizabeth II has proved she is still a fashion icon as women across the country are scrambling to mimic her latest look.

According to retailers sales of neon items of ladies' wear have spiked in the days since Her Majesty sported a daring lime green outfit for her official birthday bash, followed by a vivid pink ensemble at Ascot.

Over the past week high street retailer JD Williams said it has sold 134pc more bright green pieces, with sales of one green dress in a similar shade to the Queen's birth day outfit, jumping seven fold. It is believed other shops have also seen sales increases.

Elizabeth's other bright costumes also appear to have sparked a desire to ditch dull and pastel shades among shoppers, as sales of bright pink garments have jumped 107pc with bright orange up by 69pc.

Thanks to The Queen neon sales have risen 137%. Here's how to wear it the grown-up way
You might have thought that neon was a no-go area once your highlighter-hued festival crop top days were over. But it seems that The Queen has persuaded her loyal subjects otherwise. As The Telegraph reported yesterday, over the past week high street retailer JD Williams says it has sold 134% more bright green pieces, with sales of one green dress in a similar shade to the Queen's birthday outfit, jumping seven fold. It is believed other shops have also seen sales increases. It doesn't stop at blindingly bright lime either; sales of bright pink garments have jumped 107% while bright orange is up by 69%.
And the thing who irritated me the most with this article, is the fact that the Fail/others has written several times that Kate is the one who is copying the Queen's style and now they write the complete opposite.

1. Why should the world's most popular and famous person who has been called a fashion icon for almost 70 years be copying Kate's style.

2. The Fail/others has said several times that Kate is copying Queen's style (which is also wrong)

3. Some of the outfits in this article has been used by the Queen several times and is not related to what Kare uses at all.

4 The Queen is almost 91.

5 Kate is 35.

I agree. The headline sounded more like a dig at Catherine's fashion sense to me as there was something snide about the tone used (to me it sounded like "Catherine's style is so horrible that a 90 year old woman takes inspiration"). Whilst I myself have thought Catherine has worn some rather frumpy outfits in the past, I never think to compare such outfits to something HM would wear because their styles are different and there is a vast age gap between them. The Daily Fail is just sloppy journalism at it's best - or worst! I've stopped reading it and only look at it for the photos nowadays.

:previous: I agree Catherine and the Queen cannot be compared, its apples and oranges and that's without the enormous age gap. I loved Catherine's blue and white "printed" dress and I adored HM's blue lace on white. However, generally I think HM wins the stakes for two reasons; style and jewellery.

HM ensures she is coordinated from the top of her hat to the tip of her toes and the variety of design touches we see just to keep things fresh and interesting are a credit to both HM and her dresser. Interesting details such as the button holes on the teal coat or the embellishment on her cuffs of her melon coat and there are the pearls and brooches to garner interest as she works to keep it upbeat.

But perhaps her best fashion secret is that she dresses to be seen by as many people as possible, the style and degree dictated by the occasion. She knows that most people are there to see her and often her presence alone makes to ocassion special. She's not vain or empty headed but she realises that we plebs want to see her. Who could forget HM in Neon Lime ensemble standing out agains a sea of red uniforms. Now that's dedication!

I thought the coasts the comparisons if Kate to Diana were ridiculous. But this takes the cake :bang:

The queen has been wearing bright colors as long as I can remember. If anything Kate, who has been pretty tame in colors and style, has taken points from the queen as of late. Not that she us copying the queen at all. But that she realizes why the queen does it, to be seen by the most, and agrees with the idea.

The queen has had her own style for decades. Her polished, matched to perfection looks show that. She us to about to copy her granddaughter in law. Nor should Kate her. Kate dresses matronly enough at times, pieces at times that wouldn't look out if place on Sophie or even Camilla. The last thing she needs is to dress like a woman more fifty years her senior.

The queen may not be exciting, but fashion at 90 rarely is. But at least she is fresh in great vibrant colors, and accessories. Love the purple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom